Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.7 beta:new skin, in-context checkout, custom order statuses, Smarty v3

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-29-2015, 06:14 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7 beta:new skin, in-context checkout, custom order statuses, Smarty v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Ok here is the story. After looking in db directly the language variable in question was not found. It vanished.
Before I posted about this I was able to find it in admin and it was showing. This is a direct upgrade to 4.7.3. It looks like the upgrade did put all the info in the new store.
After changing settings and cache back and forth multiple times hundreds of language variables where deleted. This is not good. There is something wrong with that.

I copied them from the live site again, applied the patch provided. It seems to be working now.

BTW before applying the patch it still didn't work with the info present in db. It worked only after applying this patch so the patch is necessary.

Ok.Thank you for the explanation.

As I understand the current state is following.

1)Changes to templates do not reflect on storefront (DB is needed to investigate the problem)
https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=44962

2)Static pages + absent_lang_vars + enabled " Use cache for language variables (DB is needed to investigate the problem)
https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=44962

3)Static pages + absent_lang_vars + disabled " Use cache for language variables (SOLVED, The patch is provided)

Thank you.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:28 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7 beta:new skin, in-context checkout, custom order statuses, Smarty v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
That's not the case. Your suggestion does not work.

On top of that the next option - Do not check if templates are changed (Smarty compile_check). - must be checked. Otherwise "clear XC cache" from Maintenance page in admin does not clear templates_c directory. I had this issue on every store I upgraded to 4.7.3.

By the way

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Smarty3_update_notes_for_stores_upgrading_to_ X-Cart_4.7.x

--------------------------
4. Smarty var/templates_c
In X-Cart 4.7.0 you no longer have to clean up this directory when customizing your store, like it used to be in 4.6.x
Smarty automatically ensures that the compiled templates are up to date.
There is only one case in which you need to clean up var/templates_c. It is when custom smarty pre/post filters are being developed, or when the internal realization of a custom smarty pre/post filter has been changed.
--------------------------
Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Have you cleared the var/cache dir after the " Use cache for language variables " setting is enabled ?

By the way,
starting with X-Cart version 4.7.0 the tool was renamed from 'Clear templates/X-Cart Cache' to 'Clear X-Cart Cache' because the Clear templates operation is no longer needed and the tool no longer does it. However, we kept the ability to clear compiled templates for the http://www.yoursite.com/xcart/cleanup.php script.

Why do you need to clear var/templates_c dir ?
I ran into something related to this:
  1. Upgraded from 4.3 to 4.7.3
  2. Changed txt_welcome
  3. The changes did not appear even though use_cached_lng_vars is Off
  4. Turning this On allows the changes to be seen, which seems backwards at first
  5. Using the new Clear X-Cart Cache had no effect since it only clears var/cache. This makes sense since use_cached_lng_vars is already Off
  6. Yes, we want to try clearing var/templates_c but there's no longer a way to do that from Tools > Maintenance
  7. Nice that you have kept the ability to use cleanup.php, but it is 403 unless you first enable DEVELOPMENT_MODE in config.php
  8. Enabled DEVELOPMENT_MODE then ran cleanup.php finally cleaned up the Languages variable
This was not a fun exercise, I doubt most people would figure it out, and having to temporarily put a live store into dev mode was not the best situation. Maybe I misunderstood the proper steps but they were not apparent.

The following 2 users thank cherie for this useful post:
cflsystems (08-24-2015), elmirage001 (08-21-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 11:52 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Thank you for the bug report.

It has been fixed.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements