X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

I hope this:
Quote:
Update following payment gateway integrations: Worldpay, EZ Payment Gateway Direct, Ideal, Amazon Simple Pay, First Data Global Gateway

doesnt mean they are moving them to xpayments. We like our first data gateway the way it is.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:17 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
Speaking of an upcoming release, we have updated a roadmap, please check:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=Roadmap

Rocky please consider including in 4.5.6 an additional page at installation - maybe last one - for the installer to set admin login and password account. There is no need to go through some fancy secuirty with email validation (like X-Payments) ans such - just one more screen with 2 text boxes - username / password. And get rid of the default "master" admin account that XC creates.... Many XC users have no idea how to go about not using this default XC admin user....

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
rocky (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Rocky please consider including in 4.5.6 an additional page at installation - maybe last one - for the installer to set admin login and password account. There is no need to go through some fancy secuirty with email validation (like X-Payments) ans such - just one more screen with 2 text boxes - username / password. And get rid of the default "master" admin account that XC creates.... Many XC users have no idea how to go about not using this default XC admin user....

Thank you for your suggestion, Steve. We will take it into consideration.

UPDATE: On the other hand, it already works this way. At the second step of the installation service (where you enter MySQL database credentials) you specify the email address which is later used as admin login and the installation process automatically generate a password value (quite secure) for you.

Thus, the person who installs the cart creates an account him(her)self. The only value which is generated automatically is a password value and I consider it as a secure and mandatory way of doing it. Later the password value can be adjusted on the profile configuration page.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 AM

eXpert

This isn't a major bug, but I noticed in both my live 4.1.8 store and the 4.5.5 store I'm testing, there is a discrepancy between the number of characters one can enter in the position box used to sort categories, products, etc.

When entering such numbers in "List View," only 3 characters are allowed in each input box. However, by editing each item individually, one can enter 5 characters in the input box. It's much quicker and easier to enter these numbers while looking at the entire list. Could this issue be fixed in 4.5.6? I know it's something simple I can fix myself by just locating the associated template(s) and changing the size/maxlength values, but it would be great if QT could fix it in a future update.

Thanks.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion, Steve. We will take it into consideration.

UPDATE: On the other hand, it already works this way. At the second step of the installation service (where you enter MySQL database credentials) you specify the email address which is later used as admin login and the installation process automatically generate a password value (quite secure) for you.

Thus, the person who installs the cart creates an account him(her)self. The only value which is generated automatically is a password value and I consider it as a secure and mandatory way of doing it. Later the password value can be adjusted on the profile configuration page.

Not really. This works that way if "use email as login" is selected. But if the store does not want to use email but username then it doesn't work - need to have the username/apssword page to set them up. Also even if email as login is used I may wan tto use different email for the login so the page is still needed
Old 05-24-2013, 12:37 PM

the auto generate thumbnail still has problem, it showed: Unable to generate thumbnail (Could not create image using the GD library)
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
*PRODUCTS*
[!] 13 Nov 2012, aim - Bug (012788: There was a JS error: "check_quantity is not defined" (Add to Cart Popup did not work sometimes). Fixed.

I just noticed this problem on my website running 4.5.4. The js error happened when clicking add to wishlist button.

Do you publish the fix for this bug, so I can look up how to fix it?
Search module : Cloud Search
PHP 7
Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 PM

X-Guru

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67012

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions