Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-30-2008, 04:55 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Matrix
Is there a way to have the pages load faster? On the site I'm using this mod for which is a clothing site some of the products have 10 plus colors and it is taking those pages 30 seconds plus to load on high speed connection.

The first time that you load a page it will take a little longer because all the images have to be generated the first time. After that they are stored in the cache folder and will be drawn from there instead and the page load time will be back to normal. The only thing that the images would be generated again is if you change one (any) of the parameters.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 PM

eXpert

That is what I thought after reading through the thread again. I do not mind a little longer like 5 seconds but 20 - 30 seconds on a high speed connection is too long I think. Keep in mind that the long load time is only for apparel items and not for promotional products on the site. I need to have some people look at the site for input on the loading time. If you have any suggetion that might help I will look into it. Most of the large images are 500px to 600px wide so they are not hugh in file size.

Another thing I have notice are the images for the thumbs and products are not as clean and crisp as if I was using an image for each size. Example go to http://www.thepromoshop.com/products/mens-classico-analog-watch.html and look at the product image which is distorted along with the popup. Next click the thumb, which is a detail image I made and it is clear and crisp. Any suggestions to help with the images be clear and crisp? I even change the thumb in the admin for that product to be 500 px wide and it did not help the product image clearity.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
That is what I thought after reading through the thread again. I do not mind a little longer like 5 seconds but 20 - 30 seconds on a high speed connection is too long I think. Keep in mind that the long load time is only for apparel items and not for promotional products on the site. I need to have some people look at the site for input on the loading time. If you have any suggetion that might help I will look into it. Most of the large images are 500px to 600px wide so they are not hugh in file size.
I have taken a look at the site and went through some of the apparel items. The first time they load, it does take longer because you are generating about 20 - 30 images. There is the main image, the thumbnails, the rollover images and all the popup detail images.

The second time that I went to the page, the page loaded better. You are still generating thumbs for the recommended products at the bottom of the page and since you are randomly displaying them, you will most likely get new ones when you visit the page. Once these are generated the first time, the next time they are shown, the images will be drawn from the cache and will not have to be done again.

I did have it load once with some products that were used before and the speed was great.

Bottom line - you just need to visit the pages so that the images will be generated.
Quote:
Another thing I have notice are the images for the thumbs and products are not as clean and crisp as if I was using an image for each size. Example go to http://www.thepromoshop.com/products/mens-classico-analog-watch.html and look at the product image which is distorted along with the popup. Next click the thumb, which is a detail image I made and it is clear and crisp. Any suggestions to help with the images be clear and crisp? I even change the thumb in the admin for that product to be 500 px wide and it did not help the product image clearity.

Try playing with the quality setting in Admin as well as trying it with the Unsharp Mask turned off. These together will allow you to generate the best thumbs for your situation.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:35 AM

Looks like the lightbox has problem with safari. It loads a black page, and when you click on it, it restore itself.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:01 PM

This is the coolest mod and worth the $$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelaFirma
After a very long wait the Dynamic Image mod for X-Cart version 4.1.x has been completed. We have tried to make this version of the mod a least invasive as possible to your existing X-Cart code base. Some of the features of this mod include:
  • Ability to Enable or Disable mod (just like all other built in X-Cart Modules)
  • Works with Product Variant images
  • Properly preserves Alpha transparency for PNG files
  • Set image width on Product Page
  • Set image width on Products Listing Page
  • Set image width in Shopping Cart
  • Set detail Image thumbnail width
  • Set detail Image popup width
  • Select to display Detail Image thumbs below the main product image on the product page:
  • Select to display display Variant Images as Detail Image thumbs below the main product image on the product page
  • Select to display display Main Product Image as first Detail Image thumb below the main product image on the product page
  • Select to display display Main Product Thumbnail as first Detail Image thumb below the main product image on the product page
  • Select to Use the Unsharp Mask when generating new images (not applicable for PNG images)
  • Select Image quality level setting (for JPG images)
  • Select to watermark your images and also specify the font to be used.
  • Specify keyword to precede the cached filename (e.g. keyword-fa494ef54173ca1ea6d85531221037f8.jpg)
  • Compatible with many other third part mod such as Buy Together by alteredCart.com (<- unpaid plug)
  • Lightbox2 integrated for popup images (because it is so &^%@ cool). The images for the popup are generated by this mod
You can purchase it through the same link as before:

http://www.telafirma.com/mod/

*** Please specify your version of X-Cart when checking out ***
Architecture x86_64
Apache version 2.2.14 (Unix)mod_ssl/2.2.14
Operating System: Linux
Dedicated Ip
cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)
cPanel Version 11.24.5-RELEASE
Modules: DL Expander, DL Products, One Page Checkout, Dynamic Images,
Multicolumn Recommends, Narrow by Search, Random Products Tabs.
X-AOM, SALES-N-STATS 1.3 , X-Offers-4.1.9, X-Magnifier41x, X-Fancy Categories,
X-RSS Feeds, Static Meta Tags , X-AJAX Rating System v4.1

Old 02-01-2008, 05:13 AM

HI fellas . .

I have a lot of images saved in prod_images/thumbnails that start with 't_' .

Any idea how it got there? or how to 'disable' it from the admin ?

Thanks.

X-Cart 4.0.14 - heavily modified! (Linux)
www.lasertechgroup.com/uk
Old 04-22-2008, 02:08 PM

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I have installed Dynamic Images, but have a question. How do you enable it so it creates your main product image and the product thumbnail? I have dynamic images running, but it only seems to work for detailed images not the main images.

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:13 AM

X-Adept

Does this mod change the product image based on variant choice from the pull down?

I have variant images defined but can not get it to swap on a variant choice.

Any ideas anyone?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4