Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

More Shipping Q?'s

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5

Old 03-01-2018, 07:18 PM

Advanced Member

Default More Shipping Q?'s

1. When I started playing with X-Cart i was thrilled to see you could set "Free Shipping" in the product pages, so that only certain items shipped for free. The bummer came when I added it, and during check out, that was the only option available. Is there a way to work around this and still show at least FedEx rates (if not USPS calculated rates as well)?

2. Is there an add-on that can eliminate all shipping options EXCEPT FedEx? I have 3 types of items - one ships any way the customer wants, one ships free (this is the one I talked about above) - and one I would like to give the customer only the option for FedEx as these items are drop shipped directly from the supplier and they only ship FedEx.
I don't believe the "BuyX GetY" add-on will work for this as it is product based not category or membership level, no will the "Spend X Get Y" (again product based not monitary)
Old 03-01-2018, 08:35 PM

Veteran

Default Re: More Shipping Q?'s

There is no split shipping in XC. So all your products have to use same shipping method.
I am not sure how this works in XC5 but in XC4 you can set free shipping for product and not account for its weight at checkout so shipping cost is only for the products that do not ship free.

There is this module - https://market.x-cart.com/addons/shipping-per-product.html - but all product sin cart have to have common shipping method setup or checkout won't be allowed.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:40 PM

Advanced Member

not really looking for a split shipping...

for the first example, I'd just like my customers to be able to choose between free shipping and let's say FedEx Overnight, and not just be tied to the "free shipping method"

for the second example I'm still trying to figure out a work around on how to force fedex shipping on the entire order if a customer chose a drop shipped item.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Advanced Member

I think I can do it via the "separate box" option on the product page, under "Shipping", the only problem with that is there's no way to specify the item dimensions with out an add-on... Or at least I haven't found it yet.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5