Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

if $action eq "cart" in register_billing_address.t

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-18-2004, 01:28 PM

Default if $action eq "cart" in register_billing_address.t

First I guess I should say that I am working in 3.5.4 doing an upgrade from 3.4.11.

I am editing the registration form. Not much more than rearraging the form elements, and the section headers. Looking at how the registration form has now been broken up into several different templates, I see that under the "register_billing_address" template file there is a section at the top that starts with the if statement "if $action eq cart", and thus changes the templates output based on the if.

Does anyone know where this $action is set, and when it would be set to "cart" for the registration page?

Thank You

---------------------
X-Cart: 4.1.11
Apache: 2.0.61
Old 03-19-2004, 07:38 AM

Finally....

If anyone is interested this action is set when a customer click the "Modify" button just before the final checkout screen. Basically the new templates "register_billing_address and "register_shipping_address" allow for the user to change the "First name" and "Las name" of both the shipping and billing addresses.

Now this seems kind of dumb to me... I mean the user was not able to enter a different shipping name when they first checked out, but they can shipp to a dfferent person, if they click modify...

This is one modification we have made to the checkout / registration process... Allow the user to enter alternate shipping information in the begining, and they wont have to go back and do it.

Just a thought.

---------------------
X-Cart: 4.1.11
Apache: 2.0.61
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design