Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Featured items with links break layout

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-15-2002, 01:14 PM

X-Adept

Default Featured items with links break layout

I've just noticed some strangeness that happens in x-cart 3.1.3a when you try to include an <a href> tag in the description of a product and then use that product as a featured item in a category. It completely breaks the layout after the featured item. I'm looking for the place where this happens and assume I'll need to do an htmlspecialchars() call to fix it, but I'm not sure where to look. Anyone know this off the top of their head?
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:27 PM

X-Adept

Default ooooh, i see the problem

After further investigation, this problem is not unique to the Featured Products. You simply can't use html code in your product title or your product's short description since it's apparently either not escaped before being placed into the database, or it needs an htmlspecialchars() encoding done on it before being sent to the database. I'll have to save that problem for another day, in the meantime, my workaround is just to put the links in the detailed description field only.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:12 PM

X-Guru

You can do such with an extra field, and just use the {products.param00} smarty tag whever you want the html to be inserted, note you cant use smarty tags in the extra fields so you'll need to reference images/etc more directly.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design