Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-cart or 3dcart

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-cart or 3dcart

Tal, it is inside http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=75478&postcount=2

Quote:
Posting references to competitor's products or publishing messages that can be interpreted as a hidden advertising is also prohibited (references to competitor's products are permitted only within "Wishlist" and "Considering using X-Cart for my project" sections for the purpose of posting feature requests and asking about X-Cart features).
X-Payments project manager
Old 11-11-2010, 08:44 PM

I've got to say; I was about 90% sure about going with x-cart. But now with all the secrecy here on the forums and fear of comparison ... what are you guys trying to hide?

Sorry but it's definitely a red-light for me. Before I go any further I would have to check out your money back guarantee.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:00 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe ed white
I've got to say; I was about 90% sure about going with x-cart. But now with all the secrecy here on the forums and fear of comparison ... what are you guys trying to hide?

Sorry but it's definitely a red-light for me. Before I go any further I would have to check out your money back guarantee.

I believe they're trying to hide the code for the cart which is being sold. Some people could post entire func files and that would be bad.

Also, if you're not happy with the cart and the refund somehow doesnt work then you could sell your license here on the forum but you would still take a hit.

For comparison, that seems like both good and bad... Sure, there's some things that are worse/better than others but when you have inexperienced users bashing X-cart because of incompetency and switching to something else while still being equally incompetent, then it doesnt look good for no reason.
X-cart, by default, isn't as flashy as other paid carts or Magento. Other paid carts are around $1k to start, and Magento is an absolute nightmare to understand.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 PM

X-Cart team

Joe, you can download 100% X-Cart code from our web-site at http://www.x-cart.com/download.html
It is neither encrypted nor limited in functionality. It is actually the code you will download if you buy a license from us.

Also, our moneyback is published at http://www.x-cart.com/moneyback_policy.html
To make things short - you can buy an X-Cart license and ask for unconditional refund within 30 days.

You are welcome to contact us with any questions any time.

Alex
X-Payments project manager
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project