Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Changing storefront text? "This is a demo store..."

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-04-2002, 08:26 PM

Default Changing storefront text? "This is a demo store..."

Ive looked at like all the source and it has just lead me in circles with all the template tpl files. my question is im trying to change the welcome text to something else other then:

"This is a demo store with powerful X-CART engine inside, based on PHP4 templates technology integrated with SQL database. If you order the X-Cart software, you will be able to setup a web store having all of the features this demo has. To test-drive this store, you can browse categories, add/remove products and view our help pages. You can even issue a test order. Feel free to test anything you like.

This service is for demo purposes only. No real products. No real prices. No real charges. This is a demonstration. Please do not submit real credit card information. "

Where is that fricken text located lol? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:57 PM

In admin, on the right side nav, look for "Language" (I think). There's tons of textarea boxes that contain a lot of content. You could also use a mysql tool, like phpmyadmin, and edit the content directly.

If not the Language location, try the Templates, but I'm pretty sure it's Language.

HTH
Old 11-04-2002, 09:51 PM

i just looked, theres nothign but options for editing languages, please help. I need the exact place to change that welcome txt... if you dont know what im talking about goto www.kandkcollectibles.com and look at the site with the demo store text..i want to change that.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:53 PM

in welcome.tpl it says this.

Code:
{* $Id: welcome.tpl,v 1.21 2002/09/10 12:36:34 zorg Exp $ *} {if ($active_modules.Greet_Visitor ne "") AND ($smarty.cookies.GreetingCookie ne "")} <h3>{$lng.lbl_welcome_back}, {$smarty.cookies.GreetingCookie} </h3> {else} <h3>{$lng.lbl_welcome_to} { $config.Company.company_name }</h3> {/if} {$lng.txt_welcome} {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu ne "Y"} {include file="modules/Bestsellers/bestsellers.tpl"} {/if} {include file="customer/main/featured.tpl" f_products=$f_products}

Im pretty sure that {$lng.txt_welcome} is the txt..but where the hell is it pulling that from?
Old 11-04-2002, 11:26 PM

Advanced Member

In admin/languages look for "txt_welcome" to edit.

matt
Old 11-04-2002, 11:44 PM

Well i did this and it workedbold is what i changed)
Code:
{* $Id: welcome.tpl,v 1.21 2002/09/10 12:36:34 zorg Exp $ *} {if ($active_modules.Greet_Visitor ne "") AND ($smarty.cookies.GreetingCookie ne "")} <h3>{$lng.lbl_welcome_back}, {$smarty.cookies.GreetingCookie} </h3> {else} <h3>{$lng.lbl_welcome_to} { $config.Company.company_name }</h3> {/if} [b]NEW TEXT HERE[/b] {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu ne "Y"} {include file="modules/Bestsellers/bestsellers.tpl"} {/if} {include file="customer/main/featured.tpl" f_products=$f_products}

Im pretty sure that {$lng.txt_welcome} is the txt..but where the hell is it pulling that from?[/quote]
Old 11-05-2002, 12:11 AM

ok, all languages are in mysql now...just so you all know...no longer in a file.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:24 PM

Hi Tricker,

I went nuts trying to find that "file" for the Welcome screen.

The way I did it was to go to the Languages thing in the Admin section
Then Choose the Edit Language with the dropbown list set to English
Then change the Topic to Text
And THEN put in words I want to search on, ie Demo Store
And there it all is ripe for the editing.

That area is a really useful way of searching for all instances of "X-Cart" for example, they are scattered everywhere.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design