Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

i have smart search, by default, in home page, it showed "advance search" link, then input box and red search button, i would like to just show the input box and red search button, how can i cancel the "advance search" link in the home page, thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

It's Feb. 2010, where's the *New* Smart Search?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbrewer
New Smart Search Available Jan/Feb '09.

Over the past several months I have re-written then entire engine to the Smart Search. New features are:
  • 30-500% faster on the customer side.
  • Product Options included in search.
  • Custom index that doesn't rely on the MySQL stopwords and word length limits for improved search results.
  • Switching to the Advanced search form doesn't require a page reload (It slides in with a JavaScript effect).
  • Faster index building in the admin (about 5 seconds for every minute it currently takes).
  • Improved algorithm with relevancy based on word distance.
  • Improved support for 1-3 letter words.
  • Improved support for dashed words and SKUs (for example XX-123 and XX123 will now match).
  • Eliminated the 50% common word threshold.
  • New search query that can be fully customized by the end user for easier integration X-Cart customizations and other modules.
There will also be two new add-ons for the Smart Search available separately (see thumbnail below):

1. A quick filter mechanism to limit quickly view search results by by price, category, or manufacturer.

2. A drop down auto complete / product suggestion tool that will suggest words, other popular queries, and matching products to the customer while they type in a search query.

Please see the screen shot below (may change for the final release).

Attachment 1222

Old 02-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Default mysql error

I always got the mysql error messages when customers click smart search, does any one know why, below is the detail message:

[09-Feb-2010 16:23:59] (shop: 09-Feb-2010 16:23:59) SQL error:
Site : https://www.fineartonsale.com
Remote IP : 66.249.65.21
Logged as :
SQL query : INSERT INTO xcart_benchmark_pages (`script`, `method`, `data`) VALUES ('_search.php', 'G', 'q=whittington's')
Error code : 1064
Description : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's')' at line 1
Request URI: /_search.php?q=whittington's
Backtrace:
/home/fineart/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:180
/home/fineart/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:106
/home/fineart/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:395
/home/fineart/public_html/include/bench.php:231
Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by inboxnews
It's Feb. 2010, where's the *New* Smart Search?

The new version of the core Smart Search has been available for nearly a year, it was release in March of '09.

As for the add-ons. You can see the BETA version on the alteredCart website. However, since X-Cart has been releasing new versions at a blistering pace lately I've not been adding any new features to the module.

Bill
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Default Re: mysql error

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertchui
I always got the mysql error messages when customers click smart search, does any one know why, below is the detail message:

Backtrace:
/home/fineart/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:180
/home/fineart/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:106
/home/fineart/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:395
/home/fineart/public_html/include/bench.php:231

The bench.php file is not correctly escaping the ' character in the URL parameter. Any SQL query should always sanitize the input before executing the query. This could potentially be a security issue. I would contact X-Cart for a patch.

Bill
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 AM

Default Re: mysql error

Quote:
The bench.php file is not correctly escaping the ' character in the URL parameter. Any SQL query should always sanitize the input before executing the query. This could potentially be a security issue. I would contact X-Cart for a patch.

Bill

thanks, bill, could you tell me how to hide the advance search link in home page, i just wish to show the input box and search button, thanks

albert
Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Default new version

hi, bill, my version is 2.0.9, do you have a new verison for update? thanks

albert
Old 03-06-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Unless the scanning script hacks your page (which it doesn't) it is impossible for a 'hacker' scan to detect this type of vulnerability. This was caused by an error being displayed, and was fixed when it was reported.

All bug fixes are always included in the current release version. Additionally, all future updates are free.

Bill

hi, bill, how can i get the update one, thanks

albert
Old 03-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Advanced Member

I installed the mod on a staging site and it appeared to install without errors. I did not install the extra fields mod initially. I added the extra fields mod and rebuilt the search database.

I added a static page and when I saved it I received 95 emails letting me know I had the following error...

[06-Mar-2010 22:30:55] (shop: 06-Mar-2010 22:30:55) SQL error:
Site : https://www.mysite.com
Remote IP : xx.xxx.192.162
Logged as : admin
SQL query : INSERT INTO xcart_smart_search_pages_index (id, pageid, location) VALUES ('989', '6', '3')
Error code : 1146
Description : Table 'mydatabase.xcart_smart_search_pages_index' doesn't exist Request URI: /admin/pages.php
Backtrace:
/home/myfolder/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:186
/home/myfolder/public_html/include/func/func.db.php:112
/home/myfolder/public_html/modules/Smart_Search/Extra_Fields-News-Static_Pages/smart_search_extra_functions.php:0
/home/myfolder/public_html/modules/Smart_Search/Extra_Fields-News-Static_Pages/smart_search_extra_functions.php:0
/home/myfolder/public_html/modules/Smart_Search/Extra_Fields-News-Static_Pages/smart_search_pages_modify.php:22
/home/myfolder/public_html/admin/pages.php:186
-------------------------------------------------

Yikes. So I removed the extra fields mod and revised admin/pages.php back to the original state. Now I can add/update static pages without any errors.

However, I rebuilt the search database again, and noticed at the end of the rebuild process I get dbase errors. Unfortunately they flash so quick on the screen I cannot see what they are.

So, now, even without the extra fields module installed, I get errors when I rebuild the database. The search feature seems to work just fine, but, sql errors cannot be good.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

(BTW, the info below is from the Smart Search FAQ page at Altered Cart - I have rebuilt the search dbase numerous times, but I always get the sql error at the end of the query - disappears though before I can see what it says. Also, I no longer get the same "1146" error because I removed the Extra Fields add on option)

Question - I'm receiving an INVALID SQL: 1146 table doesn't exist error when searching or saving a static page in the admin.
Answer - An INVALID SQL: 1146 table doesn't exist error is caused when the proper Smart Search tables haven't been created. The search database/index will need to be rebuild on the admin/smart_search_admin.php page in your X-Cart admin section.
x-cart pro 4.1.11, x-AOM, CDSEO, css layout - no tables (almost), free social bookmarking mod (xcartmod.co.uk - thanks), altered cart On Sale, One Page Checkout and Smart Search (all amazing products), Custom Code from CFL (the best), Hands-On Hosting for live site
Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 AM

X-Adept

Can any one tell me how to shift Smart Search box to top central of the page from grey bar in ideal comfort skin ?
---------------
Server: Linux
php: 5.3
mysql: 5.0.89
----------------
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4