Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5.0.13 (DevKit, Olark, Disqus, EMS) and 5.1.0 Beta (Responsive, Bootstrap)

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 5.0.13 (DevKit, Olark, Disqus, EMS) and 5.1.0 Beta (Responsive, Bootstrap)

Hello!

Here is X-Cart 5.1.1 beta. Thanks to all beta-testers who report issues in our bug-tracker. You help us to make our software better and better every day!

So, this version includes not only a lot of bugfixes, but also has huge improvements:

Image uploader widget is totally reworked. Developers can use this widget on any page by adding several lines of code. Very convenient for customizations.

At the same time merchants can upload multiple images a time, either from a local computer or by URLs. Also we moved the images block to the main product modify tab.

Tracking order number. We continue improving the order management section.

We received a lot of requests to implement Customized textarea for products, where customers can type text. In 5.1.1 version there is an⌠editable■ option for textarea attributes.

And last, but not least. Responsive design with Less. It become much more stable.

If you have already installed 5.1.0 beta, just follow the upgrade link in the header or Download X-Cart 5.1.1 beta

How to get a license key:
- If you have a license for X-Cart 5.0, use the same license key to activate X-Cart.
- If you have no X-Cart 5 license so far, you're still very welcome to participate in testing - you have a 30 days trial period to play with X-Cart 5.1.1 Beta-Mobile edition.

To report bugs, use bug-tracker.

The following 3 users thank xim for this useful post:
ADDISON (04-29-2014), Ksenia (04-28-2014), totaltec (04-28-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 05:09 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 5.0.13 (DevKit, Olark, Disqus, EMS) and 5.1.0 Beta (Responsive, Bootstrap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Max,
I have a quick question. Can you point me to where module hierarchy is explained? I need to override \XLite\View\Menu\Customer\Top but when I extend it my changes get overwritten by CDev SimpleCMS. It is because CDev comes after Baby. If I name my Folder Dady it works because it comes after. I think Tony already explained this to me, but I am having trouble with this subject.

Thanks,
-Mike

You can see the example of how you can put your code after somebody else's module here:
https://docs.google.com/a/x-cart.com/document/d/1ZCwbHyqkklU1zNylERQnuD9U0JOlVPAwWarK9awU8yA/edit#heading=h.855e54cxh4l5

This is a doc of the second webinar.

Search for "How can you replace the menu added by SimpleCMS with your own menu?" paragraph.

The following 2 users thank tony_sologubov for this useful post:
ADDISON (05-06-2014), totaltec (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 09:35 AM

X-Adept

is there a changelog for 5.1.1?

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 AM

X-Adept

What is the purpose to display a module in the admin list (addons_list_marketplace) which reads "The module is not compatible with your X-Cart version"? Perhaps they should be hidden or partially visible like the coming soon products in the customer end.

Also I would like that the x-cart team modules are seperated from the non x-cart modules or you can at least sort by author.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 05-06-2014, 01:35 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
What is the purpose to display a module in the admin list (addons_list_marketplace) which reads "The module is not compatible with your X-Cart version"? Perhaps they should be hidden or partially visible like the coming soon products in the customer end.
I'd rather it show that message than hide the module. Lets us know when our custom modules need to be updated. Since the module still exists it should be shown in my opinion.

Quote:
Also I would like that the x-cart team modules are seperated from the non x-cart modules or you can at least sort by author.
Agreed. Modules could be sorted by developer, with XC team at the top of the list. As the number of available module grows, we are going to need a way to sort them.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:43 PM

Veteran

Either sort or filter by dev - imagine 100 modules from 10 devs - the one you are looking for is in the middle of the list... You can still use browser "find" to search for text on the page... I do this often instead of trying to scroll up/down and look for it
Old 05-07-2014, 05:13 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
is there a changelog for 5.1.1?

No. We publish changelogs for product versions only. What would you need 5.1.1 changelog for?

Quote:

The purpose is to suggest merchants upgrade the store in order to use this module. Probably wording can be better though.

Quote:

We are already working on it.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:53 PM

X-Adept

AT what point is it estimated v5 will support separate providers like 4.6 Platinum does?
MySQL 5.1.68
Apache 2.2.23
Old 05-11-2014, 11:15 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuAlpha
AT what point is it estimated v5 will support separate providers like 4.6 Platinum does?

We are planning to release similar feature in Q3 2014

The following user thanks xim for this useful post:
ADDISON (05-16-2014)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements