Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5.0.13 (DevKit, Olark, Disqus, EMS) and 5.1.0 Beta (Responsive, Bootstrap)

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart 5.0.13 (DevKit, Olark, Disqus, EMS) and 5.1.0 Beta (Responsive, Bootstrap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
So is it alphabetically? There has to be a way otherwise all of us will try to get in front...
Yes, I'm changing my developer id to ZZZZ.

I thought it would involve module dependencies, but I think I'm wrong....
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 5.0.13 (DevKit, Olark, Disqus, EMS) and 5.1.0 Beta (Responsive, Bootstrap)

Just tried upgrading our test store (which includes several purchased add-ons/modules) from 5.0.11 to 5.013. We're now left with a screen that says: "The site is temporarily closed for maintenance We are deploying new changes to our store. One minute and they will go live!" with no way of accessing admin at all. We didn't feel the need to backup prior to the upgrade since everything was unmodified and stock standard (apart from several purchased modules). Not happy, since this should not have happened to an untouched cart.

The following user thanks Online Michael for this useful post:
totaltec (04-11-2014)
Old 04-11-2014, 05:14 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online Michael
Not happy, since this should not have happened to an untouched cart.
Understandable, though I would make a backup anyway. Have you tried removing the var/run folder and rebuilding cache again? You might also try deleting the cache progress step files.

What do your var/logs say about this?
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru

Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 AM

eXpert

Hi Mike,

Error log shows this:

[11-Apr-2014 21:44:30] Error (code: 0): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table 'testsite_xc5.#sql-598e_44bb8d' (errno: 121)
SQL query: ALTER TABLE `xc_product_class_coupons` ADD CONSTRAINT FK_B3BC7FA266C5951B FOREIGN KEY (`coupon_id`) REFERENCES `xc_coupons` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE

Seems like a database/table error of some kind. Not sure why since, as I said, this was a standard (unmodified) cart. And when it was installed, no data (products, images etc.) was installed either. There were only around 5 or 6 dummy products created, around 3 categories and other dummy entries for testing purposes and that's it.

I know you say that you would have backing up (I'm guilty as charged), but seriously... This should NOT have happened to a simple upgrade which this one was.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:09 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Max,
I have a quick question. Can you point me to where module hierarchy is explained? I need to override \XLite\View\Menu\Customer\Top but when I extend it my changes get overwritten by CDev SimpleCMS. It is because CDev comes after Baby. If I name my Folder Dady it works because it comes after. I think Tony already explained this to me, but I am having trouble with this subject.

Thanks,
-Mike

Hi, Mike. If you want just to override "\XLite\View\Menu\Customer\Top" use "Dady" folder or "ZZZZ". However, we do not recommend just overriding scheme, since there can be other modules which can also override the same template. You never know will you be overriding or not...

There are special cases to define dependencies or extend the existing menu, in this case you can use any folder. Please, describe your business need and I'll ask our developers to show the workflow.

The following user thanks xim for this useful post:
totaltec (04-11-2014)
Old 04-11-2014, 06:17 AM

X-Guru

Thanks Max,
I need to overwrite the Primary Menu generated by Simple CMS module. I need to ensure that my modules menu replaces both default menu and CDev\SimpleCMS Menu. I do not want to need to disable SimpleCMS, as the custom pages function is not replaced by my module.

What is the best practice for assigning priority for my templates?

XcartGuru

Old 04-11-2014, 07:04 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Hi Mike,

Error log shows this:

[11-Apr-2014 21:44:30] Error (code: 0): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table 'testsite_xc5.#sql-598e_44bb8d' (errno: 121)
SQL query: ALTER TABLE `xc_product_class_coupons` ADD CONSTRAINT FK_B3BC7FA266C5951B FOREIGN KEY (`coupon_id`) REFERENCES `xc_coupons` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE

Seems like a database/table error of some kind. Not sure why since, as I said, this was a standard (unmodified) cart. And when it was installed, no data (products, images etc.) was installed either. There were only around 5 or 6 dummy products created, around 3 categories and other dummy entries for testing purposes and that's it.

I know you say that you would have backing up (I'm guilty as charged), but seriously... This should NOT have happened to a simple upgrade which this one was.

Hello, Michael.

We could not reproduce this error nor with InnoDB store engine, nor with MyISAM. Due to the description of the error it seems that the reason connects with your server environment, I would recommend you to post a support ticket to investigate it more detailed.

Even XC5 makes upgrade process easy, we cannot guarantee that your server will not down or any other errors won't occur. That's why we strongly recommend to make backups first. Or use our X-Cart Cloud service to make sure that upgrade process will run smoothly.

Last edited by xim : 04-11-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Thanks Max,
I need to overwrite the Primary Menu generated by Simple CMS module. I need to ensure that my modules menu replaces both default menu and CDev\SimpleCMS Menu. I do not want to nedd to disable SimpleCMS, as the custom pages function is not replaced by my module.

What is the best practice for assigning priority for my templates?

I forwarded your question to our developers, Mike

The following user thanks xim for this useful post:
totaltec (04-11-2014)
Old 04-11-2014, 08:04 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
I understand, and I can imagine your frustration. As Max said, it must be related to your hosting environment. I just upgraded one of my test sites, and it went perfectly. I am hosted with EWD, on a server they helped configure especially for X-cart 5. What host are you with out of curiosity?

XcartGuru

Old 04-11-2014, 09:21 AM

Veteran

AU host and the XC5 installation is as stock as it can be. Since this is dedicated server I seriously doubt it will be some sort of space or /tmp issue. It could be corrupt db but with 100% error free installation and working demo is hard to think of that either.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements