Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-28-2014, 04:16 AM

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
Is there a difference between Cloudsearch and Instant search modules?

Hi Richard,

Despite the visual similarity of the two search widgets, there is a huge difference between Instant Search and CloudSearch. The following are the main key points:

- CloudSearch uses separate search servers to take advantage of our search engine. Instant Search is completely self-hosted.

- Instant Search uses built-in X-Cart 5's search engine (based on simple database queries) while CloudSearch uses our own full-text search engine which we continuously improve. The main advantage is that the results are sorted by relevance. It is extremely important to present the most relevant results first in the list. There are also other advantages that our search engine provides. It supports spelling correction, "did you mean" feature, suggestions, fuzzy search, language analysis for word stemming.

- CloudSearch searches categories and static pages in addition to products.

- CloudSearch is generally faster than self-hosted search solutions and it doesn't put an extra load to the client's server. This extra load can be quite big for search-as-you-type widgets since they issue a large amount of requests to the server.

For the more complete list of CloudSearch features please refer to the module page.
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:04 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
We've introduced a 10-day grace period for all paid subscriptions. I guess that it should be enough for everybody to solve billing problems while the service will continue working uninterruptedly. Also there will be notifications before billing attempt.

Hi NikitaP,

Unfortunately this looks like it is still not being undertaken. I had another CloudSearch module pass it's renewal date with no renewal notification received (currently the module still works so I assume the grace period is working.)

This is the same with X-monitoring and again 2co will not accept valid au credit card details...
Old 07-07-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Hi NikitaP,

Unfortunately this looks like it is still not being undertaken. I had another CloudSearch module pass it's renewal date with no renewal notification received (currently the module still works so I assume the grace period is working.)

This is the same with X-monitoring and again 2co will not accept valid au credit card details...

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure but maybe this is a 2CO-related issue. I asked the responsible person to advise on these issues in the corresponding ticket in the HelpDesk.

In the meantime CloudSearch will work during the grace period. Please note that we have decreased it to 5 days. Please feel free to message me if you will need more time.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:13 PM

eXpert

Sorry I'm late in this thread.
I agree: search needs to return content beside products ( I mentioned this over 5 years ago already)
No one has requested cloud search to return results from XCMS content.
Am I the only one using XCMS?
There's a mod out there that beautifully displays search results including news and XCMS content.

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
Old 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso
Sorry I'm late in this thread.
I agree: search needs to return content beside products ( I mentioned this over 5 years ago already)
No one has requested cloud search to return results from XCMS content.
Am I the only one using XCMS?
There's a mod out there that beautifully displays search results including news and XCMS content.

Dear Rene,

Thank you for your message.

As CloudSearch supports indexing X-Cart's static pages, one can use this functionality to include third-party CMS pages. You may wish to contact our HelpDesk to get a quote for such a customization.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:41 AM

Hi Nikita,
as I understand, CloudSearch have inbuilt conversion tracking and collects information about every order. Do you plan to make this information visible in the dashboard?
Old 09-01-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizerg
Hi Nikita,
as I understand, CloudSearch have inbuilt conversion tracking and collects information about every order. Do you plan to make this information visible in the dashboard?

Hi Stizerg,

CloudSearch does not track conversion for all our users, we only did this for the selected customers who agreed to take part in the experiment. At the moment it's not in our nearest plans but as always we pay attention to the demand that our users express in regards to the CloudSearch features. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:05 AM

Hi guys!

Meet the new Promotions feature! One of the most anticipated features by both our customers and us is finally out!

As its name suggests, Promotions allow a merchant to promote specific products in the search results so that they appear at the very first place. You can assign one product to multiple search queries or multiple products to a single query or any combination of these. Of course, you can control the order in which (multiple) promoted products will appear in search results.

In other words Promotions is also a tool for tuning your own CloudSearch engine in a precise and fine-grained way. There can't be too much marketing tools in the merchant's arsenal, right?

The feature is immediately available for all paid CloudSearch users and it is also available in the free trial mode. Just check your dashboard and it's already there:

http://cdn.qualiteamsoftwar.netdna-cdn.com/images/promotions_small.png

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

The following 2 users thank NikitaP for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-04-2014), qualiteam (09-03-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 09:33 AM

Hi guys,

CloudSearch v1.3.5 has just became available. This is a bugfix release which essentially consists of the fixes for two problems:

- Prices sometimes shown without tax.
- "xc_cs_search_pids table is not found" error is triggered sometimes.

You can download the module pack in the File area of your HelpDesk accounts or via this link. This time it is required to run install-cloudsearch.php.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:23 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Hi guys,

CloudSearch v1.3.5 has just became available. This is a bugfix release which essentially consists of the fixes for two problems:

- Prices sometimes shown without tax.
- "xc_cs_search_pids table is not found" error is triggered sometimes.

You can download the module pack in the File area of your HelpDesk accounts or via this link. This time it is required to run install-cloudsearch.php.
Is it required to run the install just for the update from 1.3.4 to 1.3.5? I have currently just updated all the files and it seems to work fine.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements