Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Here is the list of all X-Cart Free of not Mods and Add-ons

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 PM

X-Man

Lightbulb Here is the list of all X-Cart Free or not Mods and Add-ons

Hi Guys,

I spent some time and I put all information together about Vendors, Modules, Add-ons, Prices, Links. I hope you will find this information useful.

I'll appreciate if the authors will take a look and check if the information is correct. Sorry if I missed somebody I did not have any intention. Just let me know and we will fix it.

If you agree we can keep this updated. Just send me a private message with adds or modifications.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip complete_list_x-cart_stuff_05.01.09.zip (19.5 KB, 69 views)
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Here is the list of all X-Cart Free of not Mods and Add-ons

Nice list! A few problems though:

Telafirma - no longer responding to orders or support requests
X-Cart Plus - defunct - site gone
PHP Site Solutions - no longer responding to orders or support requests
CartMods - should be avoided at all costs - http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=9764

I'd suggest removing those all together.

What would also be handy are three columns - 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 to show what versions each mod is compatible with.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:34 PM

X-Man

Thanks Balinor. I will modify the list to show what versions each mod is compatible with. I am affraid, but for 4.2 only a few mods are ready. We should wait a while, I hope to get information soon from authors.

- Telefirma (Stephen) is not gone. I talked to him in December using private messages in this forum. He has nice mods, I did not find anywhere else.

- X-Cart Plus - will be removed from the list.

- PHP Site Solutions is away but will be back. Their SEO is good. Unfortunatelly this is the only mod you can buy directly from them.

- CartMods - I will make a note with your comments. It should be great if we could have an official reply from this company. They have a lot of mods and solutions.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 AM

Veteran

PHP Site Solutions will not be back - I am going to do everything I can to make sure they aren't. They have ripped me and my customers off and I won't tolerate a business like that to operate in this forum.

TelaFirma - you are apparently one of the lucky ones, as I can name 10 people who have paid for his mods and not received them

CartMods - they are banned from this forum, so you won't be getting a response. The fact that they are banned should speak volumes about their company.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM

X-Guru

I don't have time to go through the list entirely but I did notice that our WebsiteCM.com is missing several mods including Product Map and CDSEO.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:47 PM

X-Man

I updated the file with the latest information.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 PM

X-Guru

I'm getting that we have 209 products that are available for sale on our site. So it looks like you're missing a number from our site. (You have listed 159 instead).

If you need help with that list I could do an export.

Nice of you to put this together!

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 PM

X-Man

Carrie: Thanks for letting me know. Could you please send me on private the whole list of Mods with prices and compatibility?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM

X-Wizard

It seems that a list like this would be very helpful to the community, but there are many issues with trying to keep a spread sheet to do it.

I have a proposal for the mod creators - please let me know if this interests you.

I think it would be better if the "complete list of mods" could be updated by the mod owners using xml files that they control. They can automate the creation of such files - then I could pull the xml data from them and create a current, accurate list automatically.

Here is a proof of concept. There are links at the top to samples of the format of the XML data. It seems it might not be too hard to automate the collection of this data from your existing databases if we keep it simple.

Once this data is pulled together - there are many possibilities like adding searches and sorts that would direct the XCART community more quickly to your products.

There is also the additional possibility of later adding rating and review systems so the community can participate.

There is also the possibility of adding listings for other services - like design or programming.

One advantage is that the generation of this list depends on the active participation of the module creators. If they disappear or stop supporting, they can be dropped from the list. Addition of customer support rating and reviews could also curb some of the abuse that is being reported on the forum.

If the the module authors are interested in participating in this - please let me know. I'd like to work with you to define the data and the XML format, and get this list active.

Also comment if you see problems with implementing this - or know a better way.

The following user thanks gb2world for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-19-2012)
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 AM

X-Man

A very good idea. More fields: version of mod, last update.

The information should be grouped in pages for every vendor, not just one page, because the number of mods in very big.

I am sure all the vendors will be interested. Keeping this updated we will have a clear vision of what we could add to X-Cart to improve our work.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4