Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

xCMS Help!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 AM

Default xCMS Help!

I recently installed the CDSEO and xCMS (v.1.8.7) from WebsiteCM for my x-cart website v.4.5.3. I really like the concept of SEO optimized blogs hosted on my website, and am have little doubt that it will improve my page rank, search engine rank, etc. The CDSEO module has made considerable improvements to my search rankings, I know that I have quite a bit more work to do to actually compete for the top spots, however.

It seemed as if the installation went without a hitch. The xCMS categories show up in my CDSEO tab, the module is present in the admin area, and is active etc.

I was expecting to see a place where I can submit blogs throught the admin tab, and have an icon for the RSS feed, etc, however this is not there. Presently, I cannot determine what I am supposed to do next to post my blogs on my ecommerce website. It seems appropriate to be able to submit these blogs, newletters, etc through the xCMS tab under the CDSEO tab, however I when I click on xCMS entries, the following message appears..."You currently have 0 xCMS entries without a custom page title, 0 without custom meta keywords, 0 without a custom meta description, and 0 without a custom CDSEO url. You may auto-populate empty fields when applicable." I do not see where these are supposed to be posted.

Has anyone had any trouble setting this up for their website, or are my expectations of an RSS feed as part of this module and easy blog posting through admin pages from this module? Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:47 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: xCMS Help!

That part is just for the URL. You should see a new section and links under the 'Custom Modules' tab for the xCMS to use it to enter information for blogs, etc. If you don't see it you can run cleanup.php by going to:

YOURDOMAINHERE.com/cleanup.php

That should force your templates and modules area to refresh. If that doesn't work, double check the steps in the install you did for adding in the links under the Custom Modules tab.

I hope that helps.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:15 PM

Thank you Carrie of BCSE! You hit it right on the head. I did not know I was missing the Custom Modules tab. Now when I look back, one update was missing. It must not have gotten overwritten the first time. I appreciate your help over at BCSE. Your technical service over there is very helpful! Thanks again.

Sorry if the RSS question shows off my "Newbie-ness," but is the RSS feeds something else that I need to install, or is there a better way to start creating these and putting a link on my site?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM

X-Guru

Glad that worked!

For the RSS, did you do this step?
Code:
Step 16 Give the xcmsrss directory writable permissions. Usually this is done using a chmod command in your FTP program to set the directory permissions to 777.

If so, you should find in the xcmsrss folder xml files which are your RSS feeds you can point to via a URL link.

I hope that's helpful.

Thanks,

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM

X-Guru

xCMS puts the blog RSS feeds on your site for customers automatically. They can be found at http://www.example.com/xcms_rss.php (where example.com is your domain).

Thanks for the assist here Carrie
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 AM

X-Guru

No problem Jon. I figured since we knew the module fairly well we could help.

Carrie

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4