Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Product options on products.tpl

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 07-02-2003, 09:39 AM

X-Guru

Any thoughts anybody? This is important for me. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:22 PM

X-Adept

Did you modify the template as well? You need to modify both the PHP source code and the template code to display the options properly.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:04 PM

X-Guru

Yes I modified both, and it works well for the category listings. However it doesnt' work for featured products.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:15 PM

Default SQL error in version 4.0.12

I've tried to adapt this code for my 4.0.12 x-cart store, but keep getting this error:

Quote:
SELECT * from WHERE productid='13' Error code : 1064 Description : You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE productid='13'' at line 1

The error occurs with any product (any productid) regardless of whether or not it has product options. I'm pretty sure the error is in the products.php file in this section:

Code:
// first we build a query to get all the product options with a single query $query="SELECT * from $sql_tbl[product_options] WHERE "; foreach($products as $key=>$value){ $query.="productid='$value[productid]' "; if($i < $productcount-1){ $query.="OR "; } $i++; }

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone has adapted this code for 4.x.x of x-cart, I'd be grateful for any insight.

Many thanks,

Joe
Old 06-24-2005, 09:36 AM

X-Adept

It looks like you have no value for $sql_tbl[product_options]. Make sure this is defined properly. They may have changed the name of the table in the newer version of x-cart, so just go into your config file or look at your xcart database and make sure you are usnig the correct key name in your $sql_tbl array to specify the product_options table.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:30 PM

Default SQL Error gone, but options still not shown on products.tpl

minorgod,

Thanks so much. You were right on the money that the SQL values were not properly defined. I went into config.php and added:

Code:
"product_options" => "xcart_product_options_ex", "product_options_js" => "xcart_product_options_js",

to the SQL Table aliases (there is also "xcart_product_options_lng" which I have not figured out yet how it works with "xcart_product_options_ex").

I noticed that in the SQL table for xcart_product_options_ex there was no productid field and that now it was called optionid. As such I edited your mod in products.php to reflect this:

Code:
$query="SELECT * from $sql_tbl[product_options] WHERE "; foreach($products as $key=>$value){ $query.="optionid='$value[productid]' "; if($i < $productcount-1){ $query.="OR "; } $i++; }

This removed the SQL errors, however the products.tpl does not display the product options. In fact, the product pages display as if no changes have been made. Obviously I am missing something (not surprising as I feel I am in over my head with this mod). Any suggestions on where to look next would be most appreciated.

Joe
Old 10-11-2005, 07:06 AM

Advanced Member

Default product options on products page

Did you ever get this figured out for 4.0.x?

I am looking for a solution

http://www.discountseforim.com
Hebrew Seforim and Jewish Books
Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: product options on products page

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen
Did you ever get this figured out for 4.0.x?

I am looking for a solution

I never did find a solution for this. As I needed this for only a couple of products, I ended up making a workaround in which I formatted my product.tpl to resemble my products.tpl and then linked directly via the Categories list to individual products.

Joe
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design