Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Product options on products.tpl

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-17-2003, 01:10 PM

Advanced Member

Default Product options on products.tpl

Has anyone or can anyone figure out how to get product options to display while viewing multiple products?

I already have an the add to cart and quantity showing on this page but am totally stumped for getting options to show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:12 PM

X-Guru

This requires quite a bit of backend PHP modifications for such to exist. If you wish you can submit a request to me via the link in my signature and I can provide you quote for such modifications.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:16 AM

X-Man

Boomer

This is quite an interesting one to solve - just did it myself for a client.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:09 AM

X-Adept

Default Almost finished my own version...

If anyone wants to clue me into how you chose to write your javascript validation and exceptions code to work on multiple products on the same page, I'd love to hear it. I don't need the code, just the logic. I've resorted to using a preg_replace to parse out the function names and give them numbers. Was this part of your solutions or did you find a more elegant approach?

I've got the code working on my test server (though I still need to add the quantity select menu to the products.tpl) with only one minor problem left to solve (one of my Javascript functions is being incorrectly numbered because I'm using the wrong increment variable).

Post UPdate: I think I've finally conquered this one. It was definitely a brain teaser and I still haven't tested it with the validation exceptions, but now my script displays product options (but not quantity) on the products.tpl page. It ain't pretty and I had to stoop so low as to grab some php array values by numeric index rather than by associative index and do some lame preg_replace-ing, but it seems to work for me. I'll post the results of my hair-pulling session in a bit.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:52 PM

X-Adept

Default Solution to product options on products.tpl

Well it was harder than it should have been and this may not be the best way, but here's the code to do it in xcart 3.3.1.

You will need to modify the following files:
customer/products.php
skindirectory/customer/main/products.tpl

And you'll need to create the following file:
skindirectory/Modules/Product_Options/customer_options_productspage.tpl

I am pasting the code below with no warranty whatsoever. I have left extensive comments in the customer_options_productspage.tpl where certain functionality remains unfinished because I don't need it yet. It is also there to give other programmers a possible starting point for finishing this script.

Note: among the unimplemented functionality is price modification based on chosen options. In other words, if you have options that modify the price of your product, this code will not work as is. Othewise, you should be okay using this code, but I don't guarantee it.

Here's the code:

customer/products.php
Code:
<? /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2002 Ruslan R. Fazliev. All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | The Ruslan R. Fazliev forbids, under any circumstances, the unauthorized | | reproduction of software or use of illegally obtained software. Making | | illegal copies of software is prohibited. Individuals who violate copyright | | law and software licensing agreements may be subject to criminal or civil | | action by the owner of the copyright. | | | | 1. It is illegal to copy a software, and install that single program for | | simultaneous use on multiple machines. | | | | 2. Unauthorized copies of software may not be used in any way. This applies | | even though you yourself may not have made the illegal copy. | | | | 3. Purchase of the appropriate number of copies of a software is necessary | | for maintaining legal status. | | | | DISCLAIMER | | | | THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Ruslan R. Fazliev ``AS IS'' AND ANY | | EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED | | WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE | | DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Ruslan R. Fazliev OR ITS | | CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, | | EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, | | PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; | | OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, | | WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR | | OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF | | ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev. | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2002 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: products.php,v 1.30 2002/11/19 12:06:10 alfiya Exp $ # # Navigation code # $objects_per_page = $config["General"]["products_per_page"]; $total_nav_pages = ceil($current_category["product_count"]/$config["General"]["products_per_page"])+1; require "../include/navigation.php"; if($active_modules["Advanced_Statistics"]) include "../modules/Advanced_Statistics/cat_viewed.php"; //if($active_modules["Product_Options"]) // include "../modules/Product_Options/customer_options_productspage.php"; # # Get products data for current category and store it into $products array # $search_query = "($sql_tbl[products].categoryid='$cat' or $sql_tbl[products].categoryid1='$cat' or $sql_tbl[products].categoryid2='$cat' or $sql_tbl[products].categoryid3='$cat') and $sql_tbl[products].forsale='Y'"; $products = func_search_products($search_query, $user_account['membership'], $first_page,$current_category["product_count"]); if (count($products) ==0) $products=""; if($active_modules["Subscriptions"]) { include "../modules/Subscriptions/subscription.php"; } //--------Brett's Additions if($active_modules["DigitalSubscriptions"]) { include "../modules/DigitalSubscriptions/digital_subscription.php"; } //------------end Brett's Additions // Product Options Mod by Brett Brewer foreach($products as $key=>$value){ // first we loop through the products and get their options if they have any $query="SELECT * from $sql_tbl[product_options],$sql_tbl[product_options_js] WHERE $sql_tbl[product_options].productid='$value[productid]' AND $sql_tbl[product_options_js].productid='$value[productid]'"; $products[$key]['product_options']=func_query($query); } // now we loop through the products again and parse the options foreach($products as $key=>$value){ if(is_array($value['product_options'])) foreach($value['product_options'] as $k=>$v){ //we need to parse the options so that the template can understand them... // this is brute force value grabbing...the index 4 should be changed to a reference to an associative array index, // but I didn't see it when viewing the variables in the modified x-cart debugger window. $products[$key]['product_options'][$k]['options']=func_parse_options($v[4]); } } // now that we have all the options and the javascript code we need to parse the names of the // javascript functions and number them the same way the forms and form elements on the template will be numbered. // I'm not sure this is the best solution for this, but it was the only one I could think of. for($i=0;$i<count($products);$i++){ for($j=0;$j<count($products[$i]['product_options']);$j++){ $javascript=$products[$i]['product_options'][$j]['javascript_code']; $pattern="/product_option/i"; $replacement="product_option_".$i."_".$j; $new_javascript=preg_replace($pattern,$replacement,$javascript); $products[$i]['product_options'][$j]['javascript_code']=$new_javascript; //echo $replacement; } } // Now, presumably, the data is correctly formatted for the template. The code segments below represent fragments of the rest of the product.php page // that we are sort of emulating above. The code below needs to be implemented in some form so that any options that affect the price of each // product are taken into account. I haven't been able to figure this out yet. /* if($products) foreach($products as $key=>$value) { $productid = $value["productid"]; $amount = $value["amount"]; $options = $value["product_options"]; //echo " <pre>\$options:"; //print_r($options); //echo "</pre>"; // echo "end \$options "; # # Product options code # $query="select * from $sql_tbl[product_options] where productid='$value[productid]' order by orderby"; $product_option_lines = func_query($query); //echo $query; $product_options = array(); //echo " \$product_option_lines: <pre>"; //print_r($product_option_lines); //echo "</pre>"; //echo "end \$product_option_lines "; if($product_option_lines) foreach($product_option_lines as $product_option_line) $product_options[$product_option_line["optclass"]] = func_parse_options($product_option_line["options"]); $absolute_surcharge = 0; $percent_surcharge = 0; $this_product_options = ""; //echo " \$product_options: <pre>"; //print_r($product_options); //echo "</pre>"; //echo "end \$product_options "; */ # # Calculate option surcharges # /* echo " \$options: <pre>"; print_r($options); echo "</pre>"; echo "end \$options "; if(is_array($options)) foreach($options as $option) { $my_option = $product_options[$option["optclass"]][$option["optionindex"]]; echo " \$my_option: <pre>"; print_r($my_option); echo "</pre>"; echo "end \$my_option "; if(!empty($product_options[$option["optclass"]])) { $this_product_options.="$option[optclass]: $my_option[option]\n"; if($my_option["type"]=="absolute") $absolute_surcharge+=$my_option["surcharge"]; elseif($my_option["type"]=="percent") $percent_surcharge+=$my_option["surcharge"]; } else $this_product_options.="$option[optclass]: $option[optionindex]\n"; } $this_product_options = chop($this_product_options); echo " \$this_product_options:<pre>"; print_r($this_product_options); echo "</pre>"; echo "end \$this_product_options "; if($products[$key]['product_options']) foreach($products[$key]['product_options'] as $k=>$v){ $products[$key]['product_options'][$k]['options']=$this_product_options; } # # /Product options # }*/ //foreach($products as $key=>$value){ // if(is_array($value['product_options'])) // foreach($value['product_options'] as $k=>$v){ // $products[$key]['product_options'][$k]['options']=$product_options; // } //} //echo " \$products: <pre>"; //print_r($products); //echo "</pre>"; //-----END Product Options Mod by Brett Brewer $smarty->assign("products",$products); $smarty->assign("navigation_script","home.php?cat=$cat"); ?>

skindirectory/customer/main/products.tpl
Code:
{* $Id: products.tpl,v 1.21.2.1 2003/01/20 12:57:59 svowl Exp $ *} {section name=product loop=$products} <form name=orderform_{%product.index%} method=post action="cart.php?mode=add"> <table border=0 width=100%> <tr> <td width=90 align=center valign=top> <a href=../product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}>{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid image_x=70 product=$products[product].product} {$lng.lbl_see_details}</a> </td> <td valign=top> {$products[product].product|escape}</font> <font size=1> {$products[product].descr|truncate:300:"...":true} </font> <hr size=1 noshade width=230 align=left> {if $active_modules.Subscriptions ne "" and $products[product].catalogprice} {include file="modules/Subscriptions/subscription_info_inlist.tpl"} {else} {if $products[product].price ne 0} {if $products[product].discount ne 0} <font class=MarketPrice>{$lng.lbl_market_price}: <s> {math equation="price/(1-(discount/100))" price=$products[product].price discount=$products[product].discount format="%d.00" assign=unformatted}{include file="currency.tpl" value=$unformatted} </s></font> {/if} <font class=ProductPrice>{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].price}</font><font class=MarketPrice>{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$products[product].price}</font>{if $products[product].discount ne 0}, save {$products[product].discount}%{/if}{if $config.General.use_vat eq "Y"}, {$lng.lbl_including_vat} {$products[product].vat}%{/if} {else} <font class=ProductPrice>{$lng.lbl_enter_your_price}</font> {/if} {/if} <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5"> {if $active_modules.Product_Options ne ""}{ include file="modules/Product_Options/customer_options_productspage.tpl"} {/if} <tr> <td>{$lng.lbl_quantity} {if $product.min_amount gt 1} <font class=ProductDetailsTitle>{$lng.txt_need_min_amount}{$product.min_amount}{$lng.lbl_items}</font> {/if} </td> <td> {if $config.General.show_in_stock eq "Y" and ($product.avail le 0 or $product.avail lt $product.min_amount)} {$lng.txt_out_of_stock} {else} {if $config.General.show_in_stock ne "Y"} {assign var="mq" value=$config.General.max_select_quantity} {else} {math equation="min(maxquantity+minamount, productquantity)+1" assign="mq" maxquantity=$config.General.max_select_quantity minamount=$product.min_amount productquantity=$product.avail} {/if} {if $products[product].distribution eq ""} <select name=amount> {if $product.min_amount le 1} {assign var="start_quantity" value=1} {else} {assign var="start_quantity" value=$product.min_amount} {/if} {section name=quantity loop=$mq start=$start_quantity} <option value="{%quantity.index%}" {if $smarty.get.quantity eq %quantity.index%}selected{/if}>{%quantity.index%}</option> {/section} </select> {else} <font class=ProductDetailsTitle>1</font> {$lng.txt_product_downloadable}<input type=hidden name=amount value=1> {/if} {/if} </td> </tr> </table> <a href="javascript:{if $products[product].product_options ne ""}if (FormValidation_{%product.index%}()){/if} document.orderform_{%product.index%}.submit()"> {include file="buttons/add_to_cart.tpl"}</a> <input type=hidden name=mode value=add> <input type=hidden name=productid value="{$products[product].productid}"> <input type=hidden name=cat value="{$smarty.get.cat}"> <input type=hidden name=page value="{$smarty.get.page}"> <a href="product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}">{include file="buttons/more_info.tpl"}</a> </td> </tr> </table> </form> <hr size="1" noshade> {/section}

skindirectory/modules/Product_Options/customer_options_productspage.tpl
Code:
{* $Id: customer_options.tpl,v 1.6 2002/10/22 10:27:05 olga Exp $ *} {section name=product_option loop=$products[product].product_options} <SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2> <!-- function product_option_{%product.index%}_{%product_option.index%}(name_of_option) {literal}{ {/literal} for(i=0; i<={php}echo count($product_options) {/php}; i++) if (document.orderform_{%product.index%}[i].name.search(name_of_option) != -1) return document.orderform_{%product.index%}[i]; return -1; {literal} } {/literal} function FormValidation_{%product.index%}() {literal}{ {/literal} {if $products[product].product_options[product_option].javascript_code} {$products[product].product_options[product_option].javascript_code} {else} return true; {/if} {literal} } --> </SCRIPT> {/literal} <tr> <td valign=right align="left"> {$products[product].product_options[product_option].opttext} </td> <td valign=left> {if $products[product].product_options[product_option].options ne ""} {assign var="options" value=$products[product].product_options[product_option].options} <select name="product_options[{$products[product].product_options[product_option].optclass}]"> {section name=option loop=$options} <option value={$smarty.section.option.index}>{$options[option].option}{if $options[option].surcharge ne 0} ({if $options[option].type eq "absolute"}{$config.General.currency_symbol}{else}%{/if}{$options[option].surcharge}){/if}</option> {/section} </select> {else} <input type=text name="product_options[{$products[product].product_options[product_option].optclass}]" size=32> {/if} </td> </tr> {/section} {if $err eq "options" and $products[product].product_options[product_option].exceptions ne ""} <TR> <TD colspan=2><FONT class=CustomerMessage>Note: this product cannot be added to the cart with the following options combinations:</FONT></TD> </TR> <TR valign=top> <TD colspan=2> {section name=oi loop=$products.product_options[product_option].exceptions} * {$products.product_options[product_option].exceptions[oi].exception} {/section} </TD> </TR> {/if}

The above code really needs some cleaning up and there's still some code in there for my own custom mods that you may not have. I'll come back later and clean it up if anyone wants me to.

Enjoy.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:34 PM

Advanced Member

Default Thanks

Thanks minorgod for posting this. It is Greatly Appreciated!

I haven't tried it out yet but I will take a look through it right away.

I do need prices to change based on different options but I will see if I can figure that out and post it back here. If you get that figured first I'd love to see it.

Thanks again,

Marty
Old 05-06-2003, 02:17 PM

X-Adept

Just pay attention to all the code I commented out. It would probably be easier for you to just delete all that extra code and start writing your own price modifier from scratch or based on the original product options code. If you need any explanation of what's happening in my code, just let me know. It's still working great for me, but it's only tested in my version of x-cart which is heavily modified already (so much so that I will probably never be upgrading). Good luck, and please do post your results if you figure it out.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:55 AM

Advanced Member

Default Not working properly

I tried the code but am getting just the empty text field instead of the options. For some reason the product_options array isn't loading in. I don't quite understand where you got the index array #4 from. Maybe it needs to be different for me since it isn't an associative array. That's all I can think of right now that might not be making it work properly.

If you could explain your code a bit, that might help me.

Thanks,
Marty
Old 05-07-2003, 12:05 PM

X-Adept

You should modify your xcartdir/smarty.php file. Change the line that reads
Code:
$smarty->debug_tpl="file:debug_templates.tpl";
to read
Code:
$smarty->debug_tpl="file:debug.tpl";

Now launch your store in webmaster mode...open a new customer window and browse to a product category where the options should be displaying. In the debug window you will see a full list of all assigned PHP variables and their values.

In my PHP code, I used the numeric index [4] because I didn't see an associative index containing my options as a string (which needs to be parsed by the func_parse_options() function). Look for an index in the $products[i][product_options] array that contains your options as such and replace the index [4] with whatever that index turns out to be. This might fix things for you.

The original product options code was designed to work with only a single product and therefore the old code produces a $product_options array which only holds options for the specific product being viewed on the detail page. Since our new script must keep track of options for more than one product, I've simply extended the $products array which is already generated by x-cart, to include product_options with each product. So my code essentially loops through the $products array, and creates a sub array in each product called "product_options".

Oh...and your empty text field showing up, means that the code is nearly working...it just can't find the parsed options. The options code is designed to default to an empty text field if you haven't specified any options (such as blue\n,yellow\n,red\n,etc.) when setting up your options for that product in the admin interface. So it seems you are on the right track. I think if you fix that array index to point to a valid index, it should work for you. Let me know if you have any luck.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:58 AM

Advanced Member

Default Got the box to fill

I figured out the associative array and now the option box is populating properly. Instead of putting the number 4 in you just have to put 'options' in. For some reason the hyperlink to the detail page isn't working properly for me with your template code. I am going to have to look in to that now and then I will try to figure out the pricing issues.

Thanks for your help. The modified debugging window really helps. I didn't know about that one.

Thanks,
Marty
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design