Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Quickbooks Fix - Actually use the Quickbooks Export

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-14-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Quickbooks Fix - Actually use the Quickbooks Export

This is the 2nd version of my code and includes some fixes when exporting items that included Discounts as x-cart would round incorrectly and a transaction would be $.01 off causing QuickBooks to balk.

I have been using this template for over 6 months now and it works great so long as you only have 2 tax levels. (Taxed and Non-Taxed)

I've decided to post it here because x-cart still doesn't actually work with QuickBooks and it just takes major changes to 1 template to fix. A lot of you have been waiting for a long time.

I've spent a lot of time making and debugging this. I ask that if you use this template you send me a donation to rylan@rylan.org.

To install replace your
skin1/modules/QuickBooks/orders_export_qb.tpl with the file below

Code:
{* * ------------------------------------------------------------------ * orders_export_qb.tpl - Functional QuickBooks IIF export for X-Cart * Writen By Rylan Hazelton - rylan@rylan.org * Based on "orders_export_qb.tpl,v 1.3 2003/03/31 13:22:40 svowl Exp" * * Version: 1.10 - 01/05/2004 * * SYNOPSIS: * Creates correct IIF Output for X-Cart * * ------------------------------------------------------------------ * :::: ::: :::::::: ::::::::::: ::::::::::: :::::::: :::::::::: * :+:+: :+: :+: :+: :+: :+: :+: :+: :+: * :+:+:+ +:+ +:+ +:+ +:+ +:+ +:+ +:+ * +#+ +:+ +#+ +#+ +:+ +#+ +#+ +#+ +#++:++# * +#+ +#+#+# +#+ +#+ +#+ +#+ +#+ +#+ * #+# #+#+# #+# #+# #+# #+# #+# #+# #+# * ### #### ######## ### ########### ######## ########## * ------------------------------------------------------------------ * I am posting this template as Shareware. I would hope that if you * are using this you consider the time and money you are saving by * not entering this data by hand and send me a donation. I've spent * a lot of time on this and am sharing it for all to use. * * Support is only available to those who have donated. * Donate via PayPal to rylan@rylan.org * * ------------------------------------------------------------------ * * ------------------------------------------------------------------ * CONFIGURATION SECTION: * * NOTE: This script only supports passing 2 tax types, if you have * multiple levels of taxes you're going to have to modify the orders in * QuickBooks after importing * ------------------------------------------------------------------ * * TaxAgency: The Name of your Tax Agency from Quick Books *} {assign var="TaxAgency" value="Board of Equalization"} {* * TaxAccount: Quickbooks account for taxable orders *} {assign var="TaxAccount" value="CA Sales Tax"} {* * NoTaxAccount: Quickbooks account for non taxable orders *} {assign var="NoTaxAccount" value="Out Of State"} {* * TaxRate: Fixed tax rate for taxable items. *} {assign var="TaxRate" value="7.25%"} {* * START IIF *} {assign var="have_processed" value=""} !CUST{$delimiter}NAME{$delimiter}BADDR1{$delimiter}BADDR2{$delimiter}BADDR3{$delimiter}BADDR4{$delimiter}BADDR5{$delimiter}SADDR1{$delimiter}SADDR2{$delimiter}SADDR3{$delimiter}SADDR4{$delimiter}SADDR5{$delimiter}PHONE1{$delimiter}PHONE2{$delimiter}FAXNUM{$delimiter}EMAIL{$delimiter}NOTE{$delimiter}CONT1{$delimiter}CONT2{$delimiter}CTYPE{$delimiter}TERMS{$delimiter}USETAX{$delimiter}TAXCODE{$delimiter}LIMIT{$delimiter}TAXID{$delimiter}REP{$delimiter}NOTEPAD{$delimiter}SALUTATION{$delimiter}COMPANYNAME{$delimiter}FIRSTNAME{$delimiter}MIDINIT{$delimiter}LASTNAME{$delimiter}CUSTFLD1{$delimiter}CUSTFLD2{$delimiter}CUSTFLD3{$delimiter}CUSTFLD4{$delimiter}CUSTFLD5{$delimiter}CUSTFLD6{$delimiter}CUSTFLD7{$delimiter}CUSTFLD8{$delimiter}CUSTFLD9{$delimiter}CUSTFLD10{$delimiter}CUSTFLD11{$delimiter}CUSTFLD12{$delimiter}CUSTFLD13{$delimiter}CUSTFLD14{$delimiter}CUSTFLD15 {php} $oindex=0; $orig_logins=array(); {/php} {section name=oid loop=$orders} {php} global $orders_full; if (!in_array($orders_full[$oindex][login], $orig_logins)) { $orig_logins[]=$orders_full[$oindex][login]; {/php} CUST{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_address|replace:"\"":"'"}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_city}, {$orders[oid].b_state} {$orders[oid].b_zipcode}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_country}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].s_address|replace:"\"":"'"}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].s_city}, {$orders[oid].s_state} {$orders[oid].s_zipcode}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].s_country}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].phone}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].fax}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].email}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}10000{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].title}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].company|replace:"\"":"'"}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].login}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter} {php} } $oindex++; {/php} {/section} !TRNS{$delimiter}TRNSTYPE{$delimiter}DATE{$delimiter}ACCNT{$delimiter}NAME{$delimiter}CLASS{$delimiter}AMOUNT{$delimiter}DOCNUM{$delimiter}MEMO{$delimiter}ADDR1{$delimiter}ADDR2{$delimiter}ADDR3{$delimiter}ADDR4{$delimiter}ADDR5{$delimiter}SHIPVIA{$delimiter}SADDR1{$delimiter}SADDR2{$delimiter}SADDR3{$delimiter}SADDR4{$delimiter}SADDR5{$delimiter}EXTRA{$delimiter} !SPL{$delimiter}TRNSTYPE{$delimiter}DATE{$delimiter}ACCNT{$delimiter}NAME{$delimiter}CLASS{$delimiter}AMOUNT{$delimiter}DOCNUM{$delimiter}MEMO{$delimiter}PRICE{$delimiter}QNTY{$delimiter}INVITEM{$delimiter}TAXABLE{$delimiter}EXTRA{$delimiter} !ENDTRNS {php} $oindex=0; $used_oid=array(); global $orders_full; {/php} {section name=oid loop=$orders} {php} $orderid=$orders_full[$oindex][orderid]; if (!in_array($orderid, $used_oid)) { $used_oid[]=$orderid; {/php} {math equation="x+y" x=$orders[oid].total y=$orders[oid].giftcert_discount assign="total_w_giftcerts" format="%.2f"} {assign var="ordertotal" value=$total_w_giftcerts} {assign var="ordertotalcheck" value=0} TRNS{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Accounts Receivable"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"Website:Retail"{$delimiter}{$total_w_giftcerts}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"Website Order"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_address|replace:"\"":"'"}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_city}, {$orders[oid].b_state} {$orders[oid].b_zipcode}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_country}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].shipping|regex_replace:"/ .*$/":""}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_address|replace:"\"":"'"}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_city}, {$orders[oid].b_state} {$orders[oid].b_zipcode}"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].b_country}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}AUTOSTAX{$delimiter} {php} } $oindex++; {/php} {if $orders[oid].gcid} SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales:Gift Certificate"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"Website:Retail"{$delimiter}-{$orders[oid].amount}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"GC#{$orders[oid].gcid}"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].amount}{$delimiter}-1{$delimiter}"GIFT CERTIFICATE"{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{math equation="x+y" x=$ordertotalcheck y=$orders[oid].amount assign="ordertotalcheck" format="%.2f"} {else} SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales:Product"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"Website:Retail"{$delimiter}-{$orders[oid].cost}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"#{$orders[oid].productid}: {$orders[oid].product|replace:"\"":"'"}"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].price}{$delimiter}-{$orders[oid].amount}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].productcode|truncate:30:"":true}"{$delimiter}Y{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{math equation="x+y" x=$ordertotalcheck y=$orders[oid].cost assign="ordertotalcheck" format="%.2f"} {/if} {if $orders[oid].status eq "P" || $orders[oid].status eq "C"}{assign var="have_processed" value="Y"}{/if} {php} if (!$orders_full[$oindex]||$orders_full[$oindex][orderid]!=$orderid) { {/php} {if $orders[oid].coupon_discount gt 0} SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales:Coupon Discount"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"Website:Retail"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].coupon_discount}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].coupon}"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].coupon_discount}{$delimiter}-1{$delimiter}"COUPON"{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{math equation="x-y" x=$ordertotalcheck y=$orders[oid].coupon_discount assign="ordertotalcheck" format="%.2f"} {/if} {if $orders[oid].discount gt 0} SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales:Discount"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"Website:Retail"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].discount}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"DISCOUNT"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].discount}{$delimiter}-1{$delimiter}"DISCOUNT"{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{math equation="x-y" x=$ordertotalcheck y=$orders[oid].discount assign="ordertotalcheck" format="%.2f"} {/if} SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales:Shipping"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"Website:Retail"{$delimiter}-{$orders[oid].shipping_cost}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].shipping}"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].shipping_cost}{$delimiter}-1{$delimiter}"SHIPPING"{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}{$delimiter}{math equation="x+y" x=$ordertotalcheck y=$orders[oid].shipping_cost assign="ordertotalcheck" format="%.2f"}{math equation="x+y" x=$ordertotalcheck y=$orders[oid].tax assign="ordertotalcheck" format="%.2f"} {if $ordertotalcheck != $ordertotal} {math equation="y-x" x=$ordertotal y=$ordertotalcheck assign=ordercorrection format="%.2f"}SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales:Discount"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname|capitalize}"{$delimiter}"Website:Retail"{$delimiter}{$ordercorrection}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"DISCOUNT"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].discount}{$delimiter}-1{$delimiter}"DISCOUNT"{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}{$delimiter} {/if} {if $orders[oid].tax gt 0} SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales Tax Payable"{$delimiter}"{$TaxAgency}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}-{$orders[oid].tax}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"Sales Tax"{$delimiter}{$TaxRate}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}"{$TaxAccount}"{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}AUTOSTAX{$delimiter} {else} SPL{$delimiter}INVOICE{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Sales Tax Payable"{$delimiter}"{$TaxAgency}"{$delimiter}{$delimiter}0%{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid}{$delimiter}"Sales Tax"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].tax}{$delimiter}{$delimiter}"{$NoTaxAccount}"{$delimiter}N{$delimiter}AUTOSTAX{$delimiter} {/if} ENDTRNS {php} } {/php} {/section} {if $have_processed} !TRNS{$delimiter}TRNSTYPE{$delimiter}DATE{$delimiter}ACCNT{$delimiter}NAME{$delimiter}AMOUNT{$delimiter}PAYMETH{$delimiter}DOCNUM !SPL{$delimiter}TRNSTYPE{$delimiter}DATE{$delimiter}ACCNT{$delimiter}NAME{$delimiter}AMOUNT{$delimiter}PAYMETH{$delimiter}DOCNUM !ENDTRNS {assign var="new_order" value=""} {section name=oid loop=$orders} {if $new_order ne $orders[oid].orderid} {if $new_order} ENDTRNS {/if} {if $orders[oid].status eq "P" || $orders[oid].status eq "C"} {assign var="new_order" value=$orders[oid].orderid} TRNS{$delimiter}PAYMENT{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Undeposited Funds"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname}"{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].total}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].payment_method}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid} SPL{$delimiter}PAYMENT{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].date|date_format:"%m/%d/%Y"}{$delimiter}"Accounts Receivable"{$delimiter}"{$orders[oid].lastname|capitalize}, {$orders[oid].firstname}"{$delimiter}-{$orders[oid].total}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].payment_method}{$delimiter}{$orders[oid].orderid} {/if} {/if} {/section} ENDTRNS {/if}

Enjoy,
-Rylan Hazelton
Old 01-15-2004, 12:08 AM

X-Wizard

Does this work with Quickbooks Pro 99, or only versions 2002 and above ?

I wouldnt want to rush and use it if it attempts to break my cart and my books. I prefer to know first.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 01-15-2004, 01:56 AM

eXpert

I'm going to give it a try

http://www.dataviking.com

Mention the forums for discounts!
x-cart Version 4.1.8
Old 01-15-2004, 07:41 AM

Leon:

I've only tried it w/ QB2002&2003. But I don't believe the IIF format has changed much. So its likely to work with 99. But I need someone who has 99 to confirm that.

-Rylan
Old 01-15-2004, 09:45 AM

X-Wizard

In other words you want me to be your guinea pig ?

Alright, Ill give it a try this weekend and let you know if I broke it or worked it out.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 01-19-2004, 11:16 AM

any luck?

X-cart Version: 4.1.9
Old 01-20-2004, 10:06 AM

I keep getting the error:

Quote:

Internet Explorer cannot download ...&EndDay=20EndYear=2004&qb=on from mydomain.com

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

This happens after I check the "QB Format" box and hit export. It asks me to save the file. When I hit save, it gives the above error.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems like the filename is funkadelic.

X-Cart v3.4.0
PHP v4.3.3
MySQL v4.0.15-standard
Old 01-21-2004, 06:32 AM

X-Adept

I think it's really sad that no one can use the Quickbooks export without a 3rd party module. It should work out of the box, like it advertises. I really wish they would address this, because it seems like every version says "fixed xxx in quickbooks export" but it never helps.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:33 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsowin
I think it's really sad that no one can use the Quickbooks export without a 3rd party module. It should work out of the box, like it advertises. I really wish they would address this, because it seems like every version says "fixed xxx in quickbooks export" but it never helps.

right on the dot

http://www.dataviking.com

Mention the forums for discounts!
x-cart Version 4.1.8
Old 01-31-2004, 06:26 AM

krazic, thanks for the code. If it works, I will definately make a donation. I am trying to get it to work with QB Pro 2003, and when I import the file, I get no errors. However, when I view the transactions in QB, I only get the customer information. I don't get any product or pricing information. Is there something I have to edit? TIA for any insight you may have.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions