Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

A recommendation that I have is that the filtered out options should not be displayed in the filter option after you have applied selected options. For example in the demo say I selected desktop then notebook should not be still displaying in the filter option.

If you are going to keep it the way you have it I would recommend that the filter option is displayed without clicking on show at the bottom. So once you select a particular filter option say desktop the page loads desktop.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 AM

X-Man

It is great you can see the other filter attributes, but they should be disabled from clicking (and text in grey color). Hiding them you won't see what other combinations you could do, in case you didn't find one you want. Always the whole filter situation should be reset and you have to read all attributes again. Imagine that this is time consuming and annoying.

Refine Filter could have an option to hide the attributes (Enable/Disable), for requests like yours, but over a while you will migrate to show all attributes, trust me.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 AM

X-Man

@Vladimir: As I understand [Show filters classes info at product details] means to show one filter class with its attributes in product page. If I am right, the request bellow means to avoid showing a class in product page. Just give you an example: I have a class named Fabric with attributes like Membrane (Yes/No), Waterproof (Yes/No), Windproof (Yes/No) and so on. In product description all these information are described in details. I need this filter class only for filtering. And it is easy to do, if you see my implementation.

Quote:
- There is an option in module configuration [Show filters classes info at product details]. As it is now it is applying to all products. We have to control every product showing. I recommend when you assign a class to a product, to have a check box also Enable/Disable [Show filter classes info in product details]. This should be related to module configuration. If in module settings it is enabled, to have it enabled in product management filter class. If disabled in module settings, disable in product management too.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowstar
A recommendation that I have is that the filtered out options should not be displayed in the filter option after you have applied selected options. For example in the demo say I selected desktop then notebook should not be still displaying in the filter option.

Do you mean to completely hide the options which are just grayed out now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowstar
If you are going to keep it the way you have it I would recommend that the filter option is displayed without clicking on show at the bottom. So once you select a particular filter option say desktop the page loads desktop.

Thank you. We will consider this idea.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
@Vladimir: As I understand [Show filters classes info at product details] means to show one filter class with its attributes in product page. If I am right, the request bellow means to avoid showing a class in product page. Just give you an example: I have a class named Fabric with attributes like Membrane (Yes/No), Waterproof (Yes/No), Windproof (Yes/No) and so on. In product description all these information are described in details. I need this filter class only for filtering. And it is easy to do, if you see my implementation.

Adrian, there is already an option to have filter classes info disabled at a product details page. As I understand you offered to have such an option on a per-product basis. In other words, to show it for some products and to hide for others. If I got your idea properly, I do not think it's necessary. No real use case comes to my mind.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 AM

X-Man

Once I get a real situation I will let you know. It is not hard to use a check box in product management page to show filter class in details. Anyway it is something I can do by my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
Adrian, there is already an option to have filter classes info disabled at a product details page. As I understand you offered to have such an option on a per-product basis. In other words, to show it for some products and to hide for others. If I got your idea properly, I do not think it's necessary. No real use case comes to my mind.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
Do you mean to completely hide the options which are just grayed out now?

Yes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM

X-Man

>>> PRODUCT LOGIC ISSUE 1

1) I created a product class named ProductType.
2) ProductType class has only one option called Type. For this option type is [Multiple option selector]. Variants in total are 50 (stove, tent, canister, mug, ...).

3) I have a category named Camping which has 25 products.
4) For these products I have to allocate a filter class, the one created above ProductType.

5) Inside this category I will select for those 25 products only 5 variants in different combinations to be used.

ISSUE: As it is now, in Front-End Refine Filters module will show in category Camping all ProductType variants, 50 as number, instead only those 5 variants I used.

For the moment RF shows them and it is space content consuming and also stupid as behavior to show them when they are not assigned. Those 45 variants which are not assigned to products in the current category shouldn't be listed in module box. Even these variants are in gray color! JUST HIDE THEM because they are not available in current category!

Example:
- ProductType class - with 1 option. This option has 50 variants
- Category X with 25 products, only 5 variants from that option will be used.
- RefineFilter shows the other 45 unused variants in Front-End.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 AM

X-Man

>>> PRODUCT LOGIC ISSUE 2

1) I will add more 2 options to product class ProductType to be widely used inside shopping cart
2) I will go to a product and set up only 2 options, not 3 options (sometimes there are 1 options, 2 options or all three options)

ISSUE: By default Refine Filter shows in Front End all 3 options. I would like to change this annoying behavior based on the number of options chosen in that category. If only 1 options is set up in those products show only that options, if 2 option is set up only those products to be shown in Front end. Imagine that if only 2 options are used from a filter, showing the third is not logic - because it is not generating any filtering results. It should be hidden in Front-End, because it is not used with any product in that category.

Imagine having a product class with lots of options and showing all options even most of them are not used, specific to a category.

Example:
- ProductType class - with 20 options
- Category X with 30 products, only 4 options from ProductType class will be used
- RefineFilter shows the other 16 unused options in Front-End (which is not correct, the options not used shouldn't be visible).

Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
>>> PRODUCT LOGIC ISSUE 1

1) I created a product class named ProductType.
2) ProductType class has only one option called Type. For this option type is [Multiple option selector]. Variants in total are 50 (stove, tent, canister, mug, ...).

3) I have a category named Camping which has 25 products.
4) For these products I have to allocate a filter class, the one created above ProductType.

5) Inside this category I will select for those 25 products only 5 variants in different combinations to be used.

ISSUE: As it is now, in Front-End Refine Filters module will show in category Camping all ProductType variants, 50 as number, instead only those 5 variants I used.

For the moment RF shows them and it is space content consuming and also stupid as behavior to show them when they are not assigned. Those 45 variants which are not assigned to products in the current category shouldn't be listed in module box. Even these variants are in gray color! JUST HIDE THEM because they are not available in current category!

Example:
- ProductType class - with 1 option. This option has 50 variants
- Category X with 25 products, only 5 variants from that option will be used.
- RefineFilter shows the other 45 unused variants in Front-End.

Thank you for revealing the bug. We've fixed it and uploaded new module packages to the File Area. Feel free to download and use it.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-18-2013)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements