FacebookTab v1.1.0 has been released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-25-2011, 04:44 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: FacebookTab v1.1.0 has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDStudios
Thanks for looking into the image issue...

It also appears the like buttons are gone now totally from my app??

Which userID do you use? Try to insert the different profile ID and let me know the result
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xim
Which userID do you use? Try to insert the different profile ID and let me know the result

I used the one the Xcart app gave me. I'm not the original page admin so could that be an issue?

WebsiteCM.com - We recommend WebsiteCM
Old 08-26-2011, 05:38 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
I used the one the Xcart app gave me. I'm not the original page admin so could that be an issue?

You don't have to be original admin of the page.

Please, try to use the different profile and ID. Also we will review this issue with our dev team.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM

eXpert

Any progress on the image issue I reported a few posts back?

WebsiteCM.com - We recommend WebsiteCM
Old 08-30-2011, 04:11 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Any progress on the image issue I reported a few posts back?

Unfortunately, no.

I created the ticket in HelpDesk. As soon as it is corrected our support team will inform you.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 PM

X-Adept

Hi,
I have a x cart 4.4.2 Pro based store just purchase your facebook tab and janrain engage mod.I am now facing two problems-
1)Previously(at the time of installation) it was a like button and comment box now it shows only comment box.I want to get like button also.
2)Also in my Facebook profile page when I comment some products then the short description shows html tag like <p>,</p>
[FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]<​span data-scayt_word="AppleCinnamon[/font][FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]" data-scaytid="4"> etc that I add in my product short description page(by editor in x cart) for better look.

If it is a editor problem then short description will display erroneously in cart page but it does not.

It is the problems in mod that does not detect x cart editor in facebook page.It is purely a bug.

How to resolve these two issues ?
[/font]
Old 11-24-2011, 10:18 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
Hi,
I have a x cart 4.4.2 Pro based store just purchase your facebook tab and janrain engage mod.I am now facing two problems-
1)Previously(at the time of installation) it was a like button and comment box now it shows only comment box.I want to get like button also.
2)Also in my Facebook profile page when I comment some products then the short description shows html tag like <p>,</p>
[FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]<​span data-scayt_word="AppleCinnamon[/font][FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]" data-scaytid="4"> etc that I add in my product short description page(by editor in x cart) for better look.

If it is a editor problem then short description will display erroneously in cart page but it does not.

It is the problems in mod that does not detect x cart editor in facebook page.It is purely a bug.

How to resolve these two issues ?
[/font]

Please contact our support team in HelpDesk. Provide them with URL of your FacebookPage and X-cart store where FAcebookTab is installed. They will inspect the issues.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:35 PM

X-Adept

Hi,
I already submit a ticket to your support department.This is the response from your side-
==============================================
Thank you for the reply. We should inform you that the engineer working on your request is having days off and will be available on Monday. We are sorry we have to keep you waiting and hope the delay is not of much inconvenience to you. Your patience is appreciated.
===============================================
One of your engineer said that-
We can add the Like button to your product details pages and it will cost 60 support points. Will it be OK with you?
=================================================
I don't know why he demands points for like button? Also in profile page to comment some products the description comes with html tag==IT IS A BUG OF YOUR MOD.

Kindly resolve my issue as today is Friday.

Kindly update me also.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:26 PM

X-Cart team

1. I found two products with incorrect tags in the description:
- Victorian Emerald Cypress Shampoo
- Victorian Emerald Cypress Conditioner

There were like this:

Code:
<EOL><div style="text-align: justify;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Description: <EOL></span><br /> <EOL> Victorian Emerald Cypress Shampoo (for thinning hair) corrects conditions that create thin, brittle, weak hair. Loosens and eliminates excessive build up of scalp oils, sebum and toxins. Victorian Emerald Cypress, Certified Organic Rosemary Floral Water, Saw Palmetto, Jojoba Oil, and Nettle prepares scalp and hair follicles for nourishing Pro-vitamins and Phytoproteins. Promotes growth of thicker, fuller,healthier hair.<br /> <EOL> <br /> <EOL> <span style="font-weight: bold;">Ingredients:</span><br /> <EOL> Certified Organic **Rosemary Floral Water, Botanical Infusion of Certified Organic Saw Palmetto*, Burdock*, Nettle*, Horsetail*, Juniper Berry*, St. John's Wort*, Anise*,Comfrey*, Hops*, Thyme*, Yucca*; Olefin Sulfonate Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Sodium Myreth, Cocamide MEA, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, WildcraftedVictorian Emerald Cypress, Certified Organic **Jojoba Oil, Polysorbate-20,Biotin, Pro-Vitamin Complex (A, C, E, F), Panthenol (Provitamin B-5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Soyamidopropalkonium, Disodium EDTA,Grapefruit Seed Extract, Pure Essential Oils of Cypress, Juniper and Peppermint.**Grown in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990.*Certified organic by Quality Assurance International. Certified Vegan. <EOL> <EOL><br /> <EOL> <br /> <EOL> A quality product from Nature's Gate Organics, USA. <EOL> <EOL></div>

Tag EOL is not allowed by standards which uses in Facebook. I removed all incorrect tags and the description shows correctly at the moment.

Please, be careful with WYSIWYG editor and always check the tags which it inserts. I reviewed the tecket conversation between you and Anton and should pay your attention that Anton described the points about this tag in message #1170425

2. About the adding like button on the product details page on X-Cart.

This mod doesn't part of the FacebookTab module. FacebookTab module contains the files which are used to generate the content in Facebook only. However, if you need to add the button you can use our help portal here - - and add the button yourself or order our support service and our engineer implement this mod for you. That's why it requires 60 points from your side.

http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Adding_Facebook_Like_button_to_your_X-Cart_store

Also I, please, notice that in X-Cart 4.4.4 version we have implemented the Socialize module which allows to add like, g+ and twitter social buttons. And also allows to replace default customer feedback section with FB-comments widget. Here is the info:http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Socialize
Old 11-25-2011, 12:21 AM

X-Adept

Hi,
According to you if the problem occurs for <EOL></EOL> that is present in detail description,but in facebook page it comes the short description.If the problem in WYSIWYG editor then how it is coming in cart page though it is present of <EOL> in the detail description??

According to you we cannot modify the description by WYSIWYG editor in x cart.This description should edited for better look and fill.To familiar with facebook we have to modify so many products one by one is it possible ??

Actually WYSIWYG editor is not familiar with facebook page is not it?? Is it a bug?

Also regarding point 2 in your x cart facebook tab module manual link-http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Facebook_Tab, you mention this-
================================================== =====
On any page of any product, you can have a Facebook's Like'n'Comments block to maintain the the statistics of user likes and comments. To embed this block in your pages, edit the template skin/common_files/customer/main/product.tpl and add the following lines of code to it:
<div id="fb-root"></div><script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=136267806421194&xfbml=1"></script> {include file="modules/Facebook_Tab/customer/like_button.tpl" product=$product}
==================================================

I repetitively said that this like button was coming at the time of installation.But after some modification of codes(done by x cart developers) this like button is not coming now.

I don't know why the question of points if it mentioned in your manual !!!

People like me purchased so many xcart license from you but When I ask about some modifications(not working properly your purchased mod) you sometimes ask points or rates.(as already done for currency problem issue in facebook page). Why this is I don't know??

So what is your suggestion?
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements