Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

maeketing manager

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 PM

Advanced Member

Default maeketing manager

Has anyone tried to use marketing manager (fire tank software)on xcart 4.1.9? If so did you have any trouble? We bought it for version 4.1.3 and assumed it would be a free update when xcart went stable but that isnt the case, Had we known we would have waited till it went stable. We would appreciate any tips if you found a way to make it work. We have reinstalled it several times with no luck. Its so easy to install that I know we did it correctly so I am starting to wonder if the stupid thing only allows 1 install although I think its just something minor with the different version of xcart.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: maeketing manager

Quote:
We have reinstalled it several times with no luck. Its so easy to install that I know we did it correctly

Sure about that?
Permissions are an important part of the install. Easy to miss one. Double check your permisisons. It's working great with 4.1.9 - but to be honest, once I forgot to reset permissions after a restore and I had to go look up the install instructions to get it working.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:25 AM

Advanced Member

Yeah, I am pretty sure as I checked them and reset them a 100 times according to this:

You will need to set the following file permissions to the files and folders you uploaded, please do this carefully.

Set Read / Write / Execute (chmod 0777) permissions to the folders

mm_files/
mm_files/mailtemplates,
mm_files/mailtemplates/html
mm_files/mailtemplates/plain
mm_files/ebaytemplates (if you do not have this folder ignore this)

Set ALL the files contained inside mm_files to 0666 (read/write)

Set Read/Write (chmod 0666) permissions to ALL individual files contained inside

mm_files/mailtemplates/html
mm_files/mailtemplates/plain
mm_files/ebaytemplates (if you do not have this folder ignore this)

Set Read / Execute (chmod 0755) permissions to

mm_files/mm_mail.pl

Set Read / Write (chmod 0666) permissions to

Whats weird is that I am using the same files as I simply made a folder on my server and moved the entire contents of my site into this folder and then installed x-cart 4.1.9 with a different database name so that if 4.1.9 didnt seem like it was going to work out I could just delete all the new files and move the old files back to the main directory and be back in business with 4.1.3. Anyway, after that I moved all the marketing manager files from the old site to the new and reset all permissions and updated the config with the new database info. So it should work but doesnt. So I think maybe some files got corrupted during the move so I download all these files that I have moved to my hard drive and then upload them back to the old 4.1.3 install thats in that folder I made and change that database info back to the old database and then point my browser to the folder with the old site and fire up marketing manager and it works perfectly. Therefor, the files cant be corrupted since they still work on the old site.

I have a backup on my hard drive from march so I decided to upload those files and try them but that didnt change a thing either.

Makes no sense to me. The same process worked perfectly with safety net, bcs, and shipping per product mods.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:55 PM

X-Guru

the software may be encrypted/protected to only work on a single domain. Did your domain change?
Old 11-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Advanced Member

Its the same domain.
It could be something goofy with the encrypted license though. As it never worked correctly from the beginning. They sent me a couple of files to make it work before. Thats one of the reasons I kept all the old files because some had changed and they never gave me an updated install package.

else, something has changed in x-cart 4.1.3 to 4.1.9

cant really diagnose it very well since the files are encrypted.

I grow extremely tired of jacking with it and Im not spending another 200.00 on a incremental upgrade so I think I will just make my own. I may post another thread for those interested in helping develop it and make it open source. It really wouldnt be that hard as most of its just pulling info from whats already in the database and dsisplaying it. Ill most likely start with the newsletter sender as thats what I use the most and then slowly expand from there. It would actually be pretty cool if others help out and add to it.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamdiscounts
Has anyone tried to use marketing manager (fire tank software)on xcart 4.1.9? If so did you have any trouble? We bought it for version 4.1.3 and assumed it would be a free update when xcart went stable but that isnt the case, Had we known we would have waited till it went stable. We would appreciate any tips if you found a way to make it work. We have reinstalled it several times with no luck. Its so easy to install that I know we did it correctly so I am starting to wonder if the stupid thing only allows 1 install although I think its just something minor with the different version of xcart.

We're using x-cart 4.1.7 and have noticed some problems with MM, specifically in the follow users function. It will not display the contents of the users cart at all. Not sure if this is a recent problem or if it has been that way since the upgrade.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:08 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
It will not display the contents of the users cart at all.

I have never seen that, since day 1 (originally installed into 4.1.6).

Should this be a feature?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I have never seen that, since day 1 (originally installed into 4.1.6).

Should this be a feature?

This has always been a feature. It's under Website Tracking/Traffic Monitor live users on site & Last 24 Hours Stats/under current users (in last 5 minutes)/Follow Users
www.thingsfromtheattic.com
Old 11-19-2007, 05:45 AM

X-Guru

You know, I rarely used the floow user feature... but now that you mention it, my version of MMP does not show any items added to cart... if a test user adds soemthing to cart, follow user shows "cart is empty".

Hmm... time to open a ticket. This functionality has never been in MMP for me, since version 4.1.6

thanks for pointing it out.

Jeremy
Old 11-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Advanced Member

hopefully you havent had it more than 3 months
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4