Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

4.1.3 color changes and background image

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM

Default 4.1.3 color changes and background image

1. for one cart i would like to modify the background color to another one.

2. for a different cart i would like to know how to not have a background color but have a background image.

just trying to change the background color to a differenet color i have followed thread but it did not work
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=17566&highlight=site+colors

a. i modified the rectangle_top.tpl bg color as well the width to 700 successfully.
b. i tried to modify the css files skin1.css as well skin1_admin.css but i could not change the background color. i assumed it was there .for changing background image no clue there either.

thanks.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:36 PM

eXpert

Default Re: 4.1.3 color changes and background image

edit: skin1.css
find: body { ...
add: background-color:#121212; background-image:url(image.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat;

change accordingly
Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 PM

thanks. got background image to change.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:32 AM

i have searched high and low for this one.

customer view below the breadcrumbs is text that i want to be white. I have been able to modify all the text in the dialogbox to be black which i want but some text stays white which i do not want.

In skin1.css I changed color to white but this changed too many text areas to white on many pages. So that was not the answer.

BODY,DIV,TH,P,TD,INPUT,SELECT,TEXTAREA,TT {
color:#ffffff;
}

for example on the order history
below the breadcrumbs
If you already have an.... = white color
in the dialogbox If you do not have.... = white also and it should be black.

It appears x-cart did not put a css style for the text that goes directly below the breadcrumbs but is above the dialogbox.

the only way I know of which x-cart told me was haha, change the language variables. And if fact I setup a style for it. but it does not call out to the skin1.css so I am going to file a bug.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:15 AM

eXpert

You need to check the class="name" for the text you wish to change, search for the same name in the CSS file and change it.

If the class name applies to other text you do not want to change, create a unique class name for the text you wish to change, then create a new CSS style(font size, colour etc) using the new class name.

You can also use inline style, example
<td style="font:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#FFFFFF">your text</td>

or
<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FFFFFF" size="1">your text</font>

or
When you have created your NEW CSS style...

<td class="name_of_your_CSS_style">your text</td>.

If you do not select a font x-cart default font will be used.

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0
Old 09-24-2006, 08:34 AM

thanks.
yes I am aware and have utilized the style sheets as mentioned in the post above. But what I am trying to achieve you cannot use the stylesheets unless someone knows otherwise?? Actually according to x-cart the only way to modify text below breadcrumbs and above dialogbox is modfiying the language files in the admin tool and so that is the solution I am using now. If I change the td style in skin1.css to red it changes a lot of the text in the dialogbox section to red also which I do not want. It needs to be black.

I am referring the following text in Red. Below is the copy from the homepage of classic x-cart shopping cart

Your Company Name

Welcome to Your Company Name

This is a demo store powered by X-Cart. Based on PHP template technology and integrated with an SQL database, it is a fully functional store that allows you to try X-Cart shopping cart software. As a buyer, you can browse products, put products into your cart and check out. As an administrator, you can add categories, products and change the look and feel of the store. If you have any questions please contact us.
This service is for demo purposes only. No real products. No real prices. No real charges. Please do not submit real credit card information.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:49 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmec321
thanks.
yes I am aware and have utilized the style sheets as mentioned in the post above. But what I am trying to achieve you cannot use the stylesheets unless someone knows otherwise?? Actually according to x-cart the only way to modify text below breadcrumbs and above dialogbox is modfiying the language files in the admin tool and so that is the solution I am using now. If I change the td style in skin1.css to red it changes a lot of the text in the dialogbox section to red also which I do not want. It needs to be black.

I am referring the following text in Red. Below is the copy from the homepage of classic x-cart shopping cart

Your Company Name

Welcome to Your Company Name

This is a demo store powered by X-Cart. Based on PHP template technology and integrated with an SQL database, it is a fully functional store that allows you to try X-Cart shopping cart software. As a buyer, you can browse products, put products into your cart and check out. As an administrator, you can add categories, products and change the look and feel of the store. If you have any questions please contact us.
This service is for demo purposes only. No real products. No real prices. No real charges. Please do not submit real credit card information.

Why don't you just wrap it in a div tag like this,

Code:
<div class="introtext">This is a demo store powered by X-Cart. Based on PHP template technology and integrated with an SQL database, it is a fully functional store that allows you to try X-Cart shopping cart software. As a buyer, you can browse products, put products into your cart and check out. As an administrator, you can add categories, products and change the look and feel of the store. If you have any questions please contact us. This service is for demo purposes only. No real products. No real prices. No real charges. Please do not submit real credit card information.</div>

and then add a .introtext class in skin1.css?

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 09-24-2006, 01:54 PM

eXpert

cmec321, I understand what you were trying to do.

Just to add to 'photo' post,

you can use HTML and CSS styles to format any text in the language database.

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0
Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 PM

bottom line. i know html and css solid. I am not asking how to use css or where to put code

i was looking for global solution. Specifically not having to go into each and every language tpl file to modify/add styles for color changes. i expected x-cart to have a style already set so i could go into css file and modify global one time.

but thanks. guys anyway.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design