Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Newest Products

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 04-08-2005, 02:20 AM

Advanced Member

Default problem solved

I was having problems also. I am using 3.4.2.

I followed all the steps and had to redo it twice. not working.

then I found this:

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=1402&highlight=newest+tpl

I replaced the codes and now it's working.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:31 PM

Advanced Member

ShishaPipe i see that you make it work on 4.0.x
can you post codes here?
i couldn't make it work with my cart!

some1 pls?

X-CART CSS SKIN
XC SEO
IP Addresses in Users Online for all users
Color coded order status
Old 05-19-2005, 09:32 PM

Advanced Member

I would also like a "Newest Products" mod for 4.0.13.

Can anybody post the code?

- Shannon
MySQL 4.0.23
Web server Apache
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008004
XML parser (expat) 1.95.6
Old 06-21-2005, 09:47 AM

Advanced Member

I've tried to get this to work...I have the Firetank newest products dialog, so that's not an issue. But I need to get a page of newest products, which that mod doesn't offer.

However, when I try everything in this thread, it looks all crazy. Any ideas on how to get the page to look like a normal product page?

Here's the craziness that it is now.

http://wholefamilymarket.com/shop/newest.php

Linux Server
Old 06-26-2005, 01:05 AM

Advanced Member

How would I get it to show as a box like on http://www.itselixir.net/home.php as "Best Sellers" do?

Its Elixir Wholesale - www.itselixirwholesale.com
Product: X-Cart Gold
Version: 4.0.17

Real Champagne - www.realchampagne.com
Product: X-Cart Gold
Version: 4.0.17
Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 AM

anyone find out how to have to this work for v4.x yet?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:32 PM

Advanced Member

Default i would like too use this too

i would like too use this too
Easy Checkout
Old 09-16-2005, 12:41 PM

Advanced Member

Default dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemanda
I've tried to get this to work...I have the Firetank newest products dialog, so that's not an issue. But I need to get a page of newest products, which that mod doesn't offer.

However, when I try everything in this thread, it looks all crazy. Any ideas on how to get the page to look like a normal product page?

Here's the craziness that it is now.

http://wholefamilymarket.com/shop/newest.php

I needed a way to show new products added. I wanted a page that had more information and gave some options. I have been working on one for my site. I am new to php and have only made a few small mods in xcart before.

My site is live, but you can see the new products page I have been working on. If this is something that looks interesting, I can clean it up some and post it.

http://www.unconventionallapidarist.com/xcart/newproducts.php

I am still looking for the code that sets the <site_name> :: <current> navigation link.

My cart is 4.0.15

- james -
CDSEO Pro 1.8.7
WebsiteCM Product Map 2.0.1
WebsiteCM Next-Prev 1.3 disabled because of SQL errors and bugs.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:22 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapidarist
I am still looking for the code that sets the <site_name> :: <current> navigation link.

James,

Your site looks great, that's the way I wanted to get done...would you please "share" the code and show us how, please~

- X-CART Gold (Current Version) V4.6
- Reboot
- CDSEO
Old 09-23-2005, 07:53 PM

Advanced Member

Default New Products page

This is my first xcart add-on. I wrote some code to show New Products on its own page.

Crude install notes

1) You need to edit {xcart_dir}/skin1/customer/home_main.tpl

Add the following lines before the {else} at bottom of file:

{elseif $main eq "newproducts"}
{include file="customer/main/newproducts.tpl"}

2) Copy newproducts.tpl file to {$xcart_dir}/skin1/customer/main/

example: /xcart/skin1/customer/main/newproducts.tpl

3) Copy newproducts.php file to {xcart_dir}/

example: /xcart/newproducts.php

4) Apply the SQL Language file 'language.sql' into the Patch file section
of the X-cart Admin :: Patch/Upgrade center. Or load via mysql

5) You should now be able to put a link using

<domain_name>/{$xcart_dir}/newproducts.php

You can add the link anywhere (speed bar, href, help section, etc).

Let me know if this is useful to you

James

Save this file as newproducts.php
Code:
<? #+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ #| New Products add-on | #| Copyright (c) 2005 James Carpenter <jamesc@unconventionallapidarist.com> | #| All rights reserved. | #+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ # # $Id: newproducts.php,v 1.0.0.1 2005/09/23 05:00:00 jfc Exp $ # require "./auth.php"; require $xcart_dir."/include/categories.php"; # I am not sure what the membership should be set. On a generic # Try to determine how to get this info from the current environment. $membership = ""; # this could be set as a config option if (!$days || $days == 0) {$days = 7;} # default sorting if needed. This could be a config option. if (!$sortby || $sortby == "") { $sortby = "add_date"; } # This array is used to determine the from/to date range # in the WHERE clause. It is also used for the labels # for the range. $newproducts_dayrange = array( 1 => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_24hrs"), 3 => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_3days"), 7 => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_7days"), 30 => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_30days") ); # This array is used to determine the order by clause and labels # used for sorting $sort_fields = array( "add_date" => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_adddate"), "productcode" => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_sku"), "product" => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_product"), "price" => func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts_price") ); # set date ranges $date_range = 86400 * (integer)$days; // 60(sec) * 60(min) * 24(hrs) * $days in unix time $now_time = time(); $from_time = $now_time - $date_range; $query = "AND $sql_tbl[products].avail > 0 AND add_date > $from_time AND add_date < $now_time "; # set the default $newproducts = ""; # The function 'func_search_products' was taken from '{xcart_dir}/include/func.php' # in version 4.0.16 # It was modified to give more product data back (descr,fulldescr, etc) and # to be able to get the count that the query would return. # function func_search_newproducts($query, $membership, $retcount, $orderby="", $limit="") { global $current_area, $user_account; global $store_language, $sql_tbl; global $config; global $cart, $login; global $active_modules; # # Generate ORDER BY rule # if (empty($orderby)) { $orderby = ($config["Appearance"]["products_order"] ? $config["Appearance"]["products_order"] : "orderby"); if($orderby == 'title') { $orderby = 'product'; } elseif($orderby == 'quantity') { $orderby = "$sql_tbl[products].avail"; } elseif($orderby == "orderby") { $orderby = "$sql_tbl[products_categories].orderby"; } elseif($orderby == "quantity") { $orderby = "$sql_tbl[products].avail"; } elseif($orderby == "price") { $orderby = "price"; } elseif($orderby == "productcode") { $orderby = "$sql_tbl[products].productcode"; } } # # Generate membership condition # if ($current_area == "C") { $membership_condition = " AND ($sql_tbl[categories].membership='".addslashes($membership)."' OR $sql_tbl[categories].membership='') AND $sql_tbl[products].forsale='Y'"; } else $membership_condition = ""; # # Generate products availability condition # if ($config["General"]["unlimited_products"]=="N" && (($current_area == "C" || $current_area == "B") && $config["General"]["disable_outofstock_products"] == "Y")) $avail_condition = " AND $sql_tbl[products].avail>0 "; else $avail_condition = ""; #$select_query = "SELECT $sql_tbl[products].productid, $sql_tbl[products].product, $sql_tbl[products].productcode, $sql_tbl[products].avail, MIN($sql_tbl[pricing].price) AS price"; if ($retcount == 'Y') { $select_query = "SELECT COUNT($sql_tbl[products].productid)"; } else { $select_query = "SELECT $sql_tbl[products].*, MIN($sql_tbl[pricing].price) AS price"; } $from_query = " FROM $sql_tbl[products], $sql_tbl[categories], $sql_tbl[products_categories], $sql_tbl[pricing]"; $where_query = " WHERE $sql_tbl[products].productid=$sql_tbl[products_categories].productid AND $sql_tbl[products_categories].categoryid=$sql_tbl[categories].categoryid AND $sql_tbl[products].productid=$sql_tbl[pricing].productid AND $sql_tbl[pricing].quantity=1 AND ($sql_tbl[pricing].membership='".addslashes($membership)."' OR $sql_tbl[pricing].membership='') $membership_condition $avail_condition"; $where_query .= " AND $sql_tbl[pricing].variantid = 0"; if ($current_area == 'C' && empty($active_modules['Product_Configurator'])) { $where_query .= " AND $sql_tbl[products].product_type <> 'C' AND $sql_tbl[products].product_type <> 'B' "; } $groupby_query = " GROUP BY $sql_tbl[products].productid"; $orderby_query = " ORDER BY $orderby"; if (!empty($limit)) $limit_query = " LIMIT $limit"; if ($retcount == 'Y') { $search_query = $select_query.$from_query.$where_query.$query.$groupby_query; # print "QUERY: $search_query\n\n"; $result = db_query($search_query); $total_items = db_num_rows($result); # print "Total Items: $total_items\n"; db_free_result($result); $result = $total_items; } else { # # Check if product have prodyct class (Feature comparison) # if(!empty($active_modules['Feature_Comparison']) && $current_area == "C") { global $comparison_list_ids; $from_query .= " LEFT JOIN $sql_tbl[product_features] ON $sql_tbl[product_features].productid = $sql_tbl[products].productid"; $select_query .= ", $sql_tbl[product_features].fclassid"; if(($config['Feature_Comparison']['fcomparison_show_product_list'] == 'Y') && $config['Feature_Comparison']['fcomparison_max_product_list'] > @count((array)$comparison_list_ids)) { $select_query .= ", IF($sql_tbl[product_features].fclassid IS NULL || $sql_tbl[product_features].productid IN ('".@implode("','",@array_keys((array)$comparison_list_ids))."'),'','Y') as is_clist"; } } # # Check if product have product options (Product options) # if(!empty($active_modules['Product_Options'])) { $from_query .= " LEFT JOIN $sql_tbl[classes] ON $sql_tbl[classes].productid = $sql_tbl[products].productid LEFT JOIN $sql_tbl[variants] ON $sql_tbl[variants].productid = $sql_tbl[products].productid"; if ($current_area == 'C' && $config["General"]["disable_outofstock_products"] == "Y" && $config["General"]["unlimited_products"] != "Y") { $from_query .= " AND $sql_tbl[variants].avail > 0"; } $select_query .= ", SUM(IF($sql_tbl[classes].classid IS NULL,0,1)) as product_options, IF ($sql_tbl[classes].classid IS NULL,'','Y') as is_product_options, IF($sql_tbl[variants].variantid IS NULL,'','Y') as is_variant"; } if ($current_area == "C" && $store_language != $config["default_customer_language"]) $from_query .= " LEFT JOIN $sql_tbl[products_lng] ON $sql_tbl[products].productid=$sql_tbl[products_lng].productid"; # # Generate search query # $search_query = $select_query.$from_query.$where_query.$query.$groupby_query.$orderby_query.$limit_query; $result = func_query($search_query); if ($result && ($current_area=="C" || $current_area=="B") ) { # # Post-process the result products array # foreach ($result as $key=>$value) { if (!empty($cart) and !empty($cart["products"]) && $current_area=="C") { # # Update quantity for products that already placed into the cart # $in_cart = 0; foreach ($cart["products"] as $cart_item) if ($cart_item["productid"] == $value["productid"]) $in_cart += $cart_item["amount"]; $result[$key]["avail"] -= $in_cart; } # # Get thumbnail's URL (uses only if images stored in FS) # $result[$key]["tmbn_url"] = func_get_thumbnail_url($result[$key]["productid"]); if ($current_area == "C") { $result[$key]["taxes"] = func_get_product_taxes($result[$key], $login); } # # Check if product have product options # $int_res = func_query_first("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[products_lng] WHERE code='$store_language' AND productid='$value[productid]'"); if (!empty($int_res["product"])) $result[$key]["product"] = stripslashes($int_res["product"]); if (!empty($int_res["descr"])) $result[$key]["descr"] = stripslashes($int_res["descr"]); if ($result[$key]["descr"] == strip_tags($result[$key]["descr"])) $result[$key]["descr"] = str_replace("\n", " ", $result[$key]["descr"]); if (!empty($int_res["full_descr"])) $result[$key]["full_descr"] = stripslashes($int_res["full_descr"]); if ($result[$key]["full_descr"] == strip_tags($result[$key]["full_descr"])) $result[$key]["full_descr"] = str_replace("\n", " ", $result[$key]["full_descr"]); } } } return $result; } # determine how many products fit the query criteria. $total_items = func_search_newproducts($query, $membership, $retcount="Y"); if ($total_items > 0) { # # Prepare the page navigation # if(!isset($objects_per_page)) { if ($current_area == "C" || $current_area == "B") $objects_per_page = $config["Appearance"]["products_per_page"]; else $objects_per_page = $config["Appearance"]["products_per_page_admin"]; } $total_nav_pages = ceil($total_items/$objects_per_page)+1; # calculate the upper and lower LIMIT for the SQL statement if (($page == 1) || $page == "") {$lowerLimit = 0; } else {$lowerLimit = (($page - 1) * $objects_per_page); } if ($sortby == "price") { $sortorder = "$sql_tbl[pricing].$sortby";} else { $sortorder = "$sql_tbl[products].$sortby"; } if (!sortdirection || ($sortdirection == "") || ($sortdirection == "0")) { $sort_dir = "desc"; $sortdirection = "0"; } else { $sort_dir = "asc"; $sortdirection = "1"; } } # if we have items to show.. go get them.. if not it will default to empty string "". if ($total_items > 0) { # get the product list that is limited to the page we need to display. $newproducts = func_search_newproducts($query, $membership, $retcount="N", $orderby="$sortorder $sort_dir", $limit="$lowerLimit, $objects_per_page"); } # If I want to have a secondary sort with the product code? Haven't decided yet #$newproducts = func_search_newproducts($query, $membership, $retcount="N", $orderby="$sortorder $sort_dir, $sql_tbl[products].productcode $sort_dir", $limit="$lowerLimit, $objects_per_page"); include $xcart_dir."/include/navigation.php"; # flag set that is used in home_main.tpl $smarty->assign("main","newproducts"); $smarty->assign("newproducts_dayrange", $newproducts_dayrange); $smarty->assign("sort_fields", $sort_fields); $smarty->assign("days",$days); $smarty->assign("sortby",$sortby); $smarty->assign("sortdirection",$sortdirection); # give the product array to smarty to make it available sitewide. $smarty->assign("products",$newproducts); $smarty->assign("first_item", $first_page+1); $smarty->assign("last_item", min($first_page+$objects_per_page, $total_items)); $smarty->assign("total_items",$total_items); $smarty->assign("navigation_script","newproducts.php?days=$days&sortby=$sortby&sort_direction=$sort_direction"); # create the location bar xxx :: New Products $location[] = array(func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_newproducts"), "newproducts.php"); $smarty->assign("location",$location); # This function will start the display of the .tpl's func_display("customer/home.tpl",$smarty); ?>

Save as newproducts.tpl
Code:
{* $Id: newproducts.tpl,v 1.0.0.1 2005/09/23 01:00:00 jfc Exp $ *} {* This uses $lng.lbl_newproducts_since => "Products added since" $lng.lbl_newproducts => "New Products" *} {if ($navigation_page eq "")||($navigation_page eq "1")}{$current_category.description|regex_replace:"/[\n]/":" "} {/if} {capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {assign var="url" value="newproducts.php?"} {* ext-1 - this could be moved to a new .tpl file *} <font size="2">{$lng.lbl_newproducts_since}: {foreach from=$newproducts_dayrange key=name item=field} {if $name eq $days}{$field}{else}{$field}{/if} {/foreach} </font> {* ext-1 *} {if $products ne "" } <BR clear="left"> <HR size="1" noshade> {/if} {if !empty($products) && is_array($products)} {* ext-2 - this could be moved to a new .tpl file *} {if $sort_fields} <DIV align="right"><font size="2"> {$lng.lbl_sort_by}: {foreach from=$sort_fields key=name item=field} {if $name eq $sortby}[img]{$ImagesDir}/{if $sortdirection eq [/img]{/if}{$field}{if $name eq $sortby}{/if} {/foreach}</font> </DIV> {/if} {* ext-2 *} {if $total_pages gt 2} { include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl" } {/if} <HR size="1" width="100%"> {include file="customer/main/products.tpl" products=$products} {else} {$lng.txt_no_newproducts} {/if} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_newproducts content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} { include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl" }

Save file as language.sql
Quote:
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','New Products','lbl_newproducts','New Products','Labels');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','New Products added since (days)','lbl_newproducts_since','Products added since','Labels');

INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','24 hour label','lbl_newproducts_24hrs','24 Hours','Labels');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','3 day label','lbl_newproducts_3days','3 Days','Labels');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','7 day label','lbl_newproducts_7days','7 Days','Labels');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','30 days label','lbl_newproducts_30days','30 Days','Labels');

INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','New Products add_date','lbl_newproducts_adddate','Add Date','Labels');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','New Products add_date','lbl_newproducts_sku','SKU','Labels');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','New Products add_date','lbl_newproducts_product','Title','Label s');
INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','New Products add_date','lbl_newproducts_price','Price','Labels' );

INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code, descr,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','New Products not found','txt_no_newproducts','No new products have been listed within timeframe you specified','Text');

Here is an example on my site. This site is a live site.
http://www.unconventionallapidarist.com/xcart/newproducts.php
CDSEO Pro 1.8.7
WebsiteCM Product Map 2.0.1
WebsiteCM Next-Prev 1.3 disabled because of SQL errors and bugs.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions