Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.7 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-18-2007, 03:41 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.7 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagorny
SELECT xcart_orders.orderid FROM xcart_orders, xcart_order_details, xcart_giftcerts WHERE xcart_orders.orderid<'2380' AND (xcart_order_details.orderid=xcart_orders.orderid OR xcart_orders.orderid=xcart_giftcerts.orderid) ORDER BY xcart_orders.orderid DESC LIMIT 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that join syntax looks like it's making a cartesian product of all 3 tables which is horribly inefficient. With the number of orders you have, no wonder it is timing out.

The following should be quicker and equivalent:

Code:
SELECT xcart_orders.orderid FROM xcart_orders LEFT JOIN xcart_order_details USING ( orderid ) LEFT JOIN xcart_giftcerts USING ( orderid ) WHERE xcart_orders.orderid < '2380' AND (xcart_order_details.orderid IS NOT NULL OR xcart_giftcerts.orderid IS NOT NULL) ORDER BY xcart_orders.orderid DESC LIMIT 1
Old 05-18-2007, 07:56 PM

2 jagorny

I have this problem too.
I commented this line from history_order.php :
$giftcert_condition = " OR $sql_tbl[orders].orderid=$sql_tbl[giftcerts].orderid";
Old 05-20-2007, 12:39 PM

X-Adept

So you're saying that if your store has had loads of Orders, the History times out?
Free Mods: Colour Coded Orders, FAQ Manager
Paid Mods: None... yet.
Server: Linux, Apache: 2.2.15 (Unix), MySQL: 5.0.90-community, PHP: 5.2.13
Old 05-20-2007, 02:22 PM

X-Adept

Any idea when the 4.1 branch will go stable?

I am still on 4.0 and my host is getting close to migrating all servers to PHP 5.

From the posts in this thread it sounds like there are still some query issues. My site has about 3000 customers and about 8000 orders. Are any of the timeouts on the customers side or only on the admin side?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:06 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Speed
Any idea when the 4.1 branch will go stable?

I am still on 4.0 and my host is getting close to migrating all servers to PHP 5.

I would set up 4.1.7 in it's own directory and work on getting it set up the way you want it. So far I like it much better than 4.0.18. There were changes we made to the 4.0 branch 6-9 months ago that we had forgot about. Once we upgrade we remembered real quick. Our Host changed on us on a Saturday night without warning. If you have some time then it would be smart to set up and get familiar with 4.1 We have had no problems with stability, just upgrade stupidity. Our db only has 1000 product/customers/orders I can query any of these from day one with no problem. On an all dates order search 1022 orders page load time was just over 2 seconds, products took just over 3 seconds and users was just over 2 seconds (both over 1000). None of these searches had any restrictins so it brought them all up.

I would not worry too much about stability in the 4.1 branch from this point.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:22 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierglass
I would set up 4.1.7 in it's own directory and work on getting it set up the way you want it. So far I like it much better than 4.0.18. There were changes we made to the 4.0 branch 6-9 months ago that we had forgot about. Once we upgrade we remembered real quick. Our Host changed on us on a Saturday night without warning. If you have some time then it would be smart to set up and get familiar with 4.1 We have had no problems with stability, just upgrade stupidity. Our db only has 1000 product/customers/orders I can query any of these from day one with no problem. On an all dates order search 1022 orders page load time was just over 2 seconds, products took just over 3 seconds and users was just over 2 seconds (both over 1000). None of these searches had any restrictins so it brought them all up.

I would not worry too much about stability in the 4.1 branch from this point.

Thanks!

Did you have any issues with your customers passwords when you upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1?
Old 05-20-2007, 05:14 PM

X-Adept

Yes that was due to my hosting company doing the upgrade for me, and not knowing what they were doing.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
2 jagorny

I have this problem too.
I commented this line from history_order.php :
$giftcert_condition = " OR $sql_tbl[orders].orderid=$sql_tbl[giftcerts].orderid";

Thanks for the fix!

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 05-22-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somekindahate
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that join syntax looks like it's making a cartesian product of all 3 tables which is horribly inefficient. With the number of orders you have, no wonder it is timing out.

The following should be quicker and equivalent:

Code:
SELECT xcart_orders.orderid FROM xcart_orders LEFT JOIN xcart_order_details USING ( orderid ) LEFT JOIN xcart_giftcerts USING ( orderid ) WHERE xcart_orders.orderid < '2380' AND (xcart_order_details.orderid IS NOT NULL OR xcart_giftcerts.orderid IS NOT NULL) ORDER BY xcart_orders.orderid DESC LIMIT 1

Yes... if I had a dollar for all the catersian product selects that are still there... I mean there are less common than before, but yes you are right. I have not spent a lot of time going through the queries to optimize - I was more interested in a quick fix so I simply commented out the previous order and next order links code.

Running X-Cart Pro 4.1.10
RHEL5 | Apache 2.2.8 | PHP 5.2.6
Old 05-30-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelox7
Sorry but you are wrong! The google analytics works 100%. I have setup in my web site.

Read the instruction and you will be fine

Thanks
Where is the manual for Google Analytic. Thanks!
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements