Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.7.10 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-07-2019, 11:35 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.10 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstyle2
You inspired me.. WHILE I did not upgrade fully to XC4.7.10, I took the optimization parts from 4.7.10 to improve the template loading since my install is very customized..

parts I used include:

1) files in \include\templater\plugins\
2) modded the skin\common_files such as meta.tpl and customer\service_js load..
3) added the new config values for speedup_js and speedup_css

added the \include\lib\vendor folder for the new minify

disabled the reboot minify script..

Page speed insights improvements for 4.7.7 and Reboot:

Before:
25 - desktop
4 - mobile

very bad!

After:
72 - Desktop
30 - Mobile

better.. could use improvement..

some inner pages hit 89 on desktop for page speed.

I code alot of sh*t and don't recommend trying this at home..

I just checked Page Speed Insights and got the following values with reBOOT Minify on then off and then on again. Desktop has pretty stable results but mobile varies quite a bit. I have not tried to do any optimization yet and I don't have memcache turned on yet. I see you use Alterdcarts Carts Cash Rewards also. I had to edit a few things to work on 7.2 and reBOOT but it's working fine.

reBOOT Minify - On
96 - Desktop
93 - Mobile

reBOOT Minify - Off
94 - Desktop
75 - Mobile

reBOOT Minify - On Again
97 - Desktop
81 - Mobile

Thank you very much for your input and I don't think I'll every be brave enough to do what you did

The following user thanks elmirage001 for this useful post:
aim (03-09-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 03:25 AM

X-Adept

I hope to be doing the same soon. I brought Phil's previous template - but we never got it installed. Now 4.7.10 seems stable and Phil's template is ok with 4.7.10 Im hoping to get everything up to date

Will be interesting to see what GTMetrix and pingdom etc make of it.
As it stands GTmetrix (fast broadband)

80 - 76 - 6.2s - 579kb - 47

Pingdom
Performance Grade - 83 , page size 557 , load 4.83s , Requests 49
php 7.x
Old 03-08-2019, 01:55 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Not to give you a cold shower but you have to remember these are just numbers. They don't do you much good unless you compare identical pages claimed to be optimized the same way.

If your page has 2 images on it, your site doesn't call any external services, fonts, etc and the competitor site age has 20 images, uses FB, Twitter, etc - the comparison is like apple and oranges.

GTmetrix will not tell you all this and will not take it into account. Also you have to take into account the hosting and its optimization.

XC4 will always be faster than XC5 on the same server under same environment. It is the platform itself.

And lastly - none of these page speed services uses real user connection / device to test pages. They try to set it close to this but still not real people.

However - keep using them and try to follow as much as possible whatever makes sense for your website/platform to adjust and improve. Comparing to others is sort of useless but using it to improve your site virtual load times - it is good.
Sometimes they point out issues you won't see or encounter yourself or your dev.

The improvement you see with Phill's theme is because the XC stock one sucks. Qt after so many years and posts still does CSS extremely wrong and this has an affect on sites. XC CSS is so bloated it is a nightmare to use. Applies to both XC4 and XC5.

Anyway. Good job.
Hi Steve, the purpose of my post was to say IMHO that upgrading to 4.7.10 and PHP 7.x is a good move. It took a lot of work and time (at least for me) to move from 4.6.6 PHP 5.6 to 4.7.10 PHP 7.2 and I'm so happy I did it. There have been questions on here if 4.7.10 is ready and if there were any speed benefits. For me and my experience so far the answer is yes. Thank you as always for your input! Paul

The following user thanks elmirage001 for this useful post:
aim (03-09-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 11:28 AM

Just installed latest 4.7.10 for development. I was hoping to have UPC field in product page and it is no where to be found. Are we still going to need extra fields to use upc? Follow link seem to show it was added as part of product table but I do not see it in latest version.

https://help.x-cart.com/X-Cart:POS_system_for_X-Cart#Adding_UPC_codes_for_new_and_existing_product s
BCSE CIM
Apache
Linux
Old 03-25-2019, 03:23 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwekhaw
Just installed latest 4.7.10 for development. I was hoping to have UPC field in product page and it is no where to be found. Are we still going to need extra fields to use upc? Follow link seem to show it was added as part of product table but I do not see it in latest version.

https://help.x-cart.com/X-Cart:POS_system_for_X-Cart#Adding_UPC_codes_for_new_and_existing_product s

Hello,

You can enable the 'POS system for X-Cart' module without adding a POS operator in order to use UPC fields for products and variants.

Thank you.

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
elmirage001 (03-25-2019)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements