Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to show "New Arrival!" Icon

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 07-22-2004, 04:46 PM

Default How to show "New Arrival!" Icon

Hi everyone.

I would like to show a little "New Arrival!" graphic icon or text next to the product name in product list and product's detail page.
And I want this icon to show up with products which were added recently(i.e. lastweek, in last 21days, et cetra...).
Could anyone tell me how to do this?
Old 07-23-2004, 03:54 PM

Advanced Member

I have been using the following code for over a year. The source below is from my current store version 3.54.

You only need to change one file and add a small graphic image to display the "New" status on items that were added in the last "so many days". I added the image right after where the item title is displayed. I'm sure you can move it anywhere you would like. My image size is 31x12.

The following code will show the "New" icon if the item was added 20 days or less ago.

1. Add your graphic file in folder "skin1/images". I named my graphic file "skin1/images/mynew.gif". Shown below is the icon I use.

http://www.CabdCollectibles.com/store/skin1/images/mynew.gif

2. The file "skin1/customer/main/products.tpl" was changed to add the following code. Just insert the following code after line 12:

Code:
{* // 60 * 60 * 24 * 20 days in unix time = 1728000 *} {if ($products[product].add_date gt $smarty.now - 1728000) and ($products[product].add_date lt $smarty.now)} [img]{$ImagesDir}/mynew.gif[/img] {/if}

>>>>>>>>>> Listed below is the code that is before the above code just for a quick reference point of where to insert the additional code.

Hope it works....

Code:
{* $Id: products.tpl,v 1.36 2003/11/11 14:02:37 svowl Exp $ *} {if $usertype eq "C" and $config.Appearance.products_per_row ne "" and $config.Appearance.products_per_row gt 0 and $config.Appearance.products_per_row lt 4 and ($featured eq "Y" or $config.Appearance.featured_only_multicolumn eq "N")} {include file="customer/main/products_t.tpl" products=$products} {else} {if $products} {section name=product loop=$products} <table border=0 width=100%> <tr><td width=90 align=center valign=top> <a href=product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}>{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url} {$lng.lbl_see_details}</a> /td> <td valign=top> {$products[product].product}</font> {* // 60 * 60 * 24 * 20 days in unix time = 1728000 *} {if ($products[product].add_date gt $smarty.now - 1728000) and ($products[product].add_date lt $smarty.now)} [img]{$ImagesDir}/mynew.gif[/img] {/if}

The following 2 users thank dsparks for this useful post:
am2003 (03-26-2011), lash (11-08-2009)
Old 07-26-2004, 03:16 PM

Default thanks!

Sorry for replying late. Didn't notice my post was moved to other section...

Anyway, the code you gave me works totally fine!
Thanks.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:48 AM

Advanced Member

I have just implemented this addition to my site. It is really useful for highlighting new items.

Thanks for the code.
mysql 5.5.27
Old 12-27-2004, 03:38 PM

I can't seem to get it to work. Here is the code, it should be ok.:

{* $Id: products.tpl,v 1.33.2.2 2003/08/26 06:06:22 svowl Exp $ *}
{if $usertype eq "C" and $config.Appearance.products_per_row ne "" and $config.Appearance.products_per_row gt 0 and $config.Appearance.products_per_row lt 4 and ($featured eq "Y" or $config.Appearance.featured_only_multicolumn eq "N")}
{include file="customer/main/products_t.tpl" products=$products}
{else}
{if $products}
{section name=product loop=$products}
<table border=0 width=100%>
<tr><td width=90 align=center valign=top>
<a href=product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}>{in clude file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}
{$lng.lbl_see_details}</a>
</td>
<td valign=top>
{$products[product].product}</font>

{* // 60 * 60 * 24 * 20 days in unix time = 1728000б═ *}
{if ($products[product].add_date gt $smarty.now - 1728000) and ($products[product].add_date lt $smarty.now)}
[img]{$ImagesDir}/newstar.gif[/img]
{/if}

<font size=1>

{$products[product].descr|truncate:300:"...":true}

</font>
<hr size=1 noshade width=230 align=left>
{if $active_modules.Subscriptions ne "" and $products[product].catalogprice}
{include file="modules/Subscriptions/subscription_info_inlist.tpl"}
{else}
{if $products[product].price ne 0}
{if $products[product].list_price gt 0 and $products[product].price lt $products[product].list_price}
{math equation="100-(price/lprice)*100" price=$products[product].price lprice=$products[product].list_price format="%d" assign=discount}
<font class=MarketPrice>{$lng.lbl_market_price}: <s>
{include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].list_price}
</s></font>

{/if}
<font class=ProductPrice>{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].price}</font><font class=MarketPrice>{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$products[product].price}</font>{if $products[product].list_price gt 0 and $products[product].price lt $products[product].list_price}, save {$discount}%{/if}{if $config.Taxes.use_vat eq "Y" and $products[product].vat gt "0"}, {$lng.lbl_including_vat} {$products[product].vat}%{/if}
{else}
<font class=ProductPrice>{$lng.lbl_enter_your_price}</font>
{/if}
{/if}
{if $usertype eq "C" and $config.Appearance.buynow_button_enabled eq "Y"}
{include file="customer/main/buy_now.tpl" product=$products[product]}
{/if}
</td></tr>
</table>

{/section}
{else}
{$lng.lbl_no_products_found}
{/if}
{/if}
Old 12-28-2004, 02:51 PM

X-Adept

this is great, thanks!
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 12-29-2004, 02:50 AM

is there a solution for xcart 4 users, this could be quite a handy mod to have if it works

cheers

QVS ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES - http://www.qvsdirect.com

We supply a huge range of cables, electrical accessories, heating, ventilation, fire and security products, consumer units & circuit distribution, indoor and outdoor lighting, showers and water heating, tools and fixings, timer switches, sockets, switches, air conditioning, trunking, and much much more.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:46 AM

Advanced Member

Default Works in 4.0.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVS
is there a solution for xcart 4 users, this could be quite a handy mod to have if it works

cheers

I am using the same configuration as stated above and it works fime for me. I am now at 4.0.9
MySQL server 4.1.22-Standard
Perl 5.008
Old 12-29-2004, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Works in 4.0.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo Robins
Quote:
Originally Posted by QVS

cheers

I am using the same configuration as stated above and it works fime for me. I am now at 4.0.9

excellent, will give it a whirl.....didnt work first time, but maybe missed something

QVS ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES - http://www.qvsdirect.com

We supply a huge range of cables, electrical accessories, heating, ventilation, fire and security products, consumer units & circuit distribution, indoor and outdoor lighting, showers and water heating, tools and fixings, timer switches, sockets, switches, air conditioning, trunking, and much much more.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:44 PM

X-Adept

I copy and paste the code in the location it was suggested and It did not work for me.

any ideas?

Kind regards,
Ricky
We will always sell you the right shoe and the left one is free.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions