Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.0 alpha 1 Release - Non Production Test Version

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-02-2004, 05:14 AM

X-Adept

If I could also chime in ....

The order search screen is very powerful and has a ton of options, but it seems almost overkill. There are a ton of options, but realistically very few people would use some of them.

Also, in this version, could we have a customizeable product search? That is, can there be a screen where you tick off "description" "sku" and "param00" as fields to look at when doing a product search on the front end?
Old 06-02-2004, 07:42 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpayne
Also, in this version, could we have a customizeable product search? That is, can there be a screen where you tick off "description" "sku" and "param00" as fields to look at when doing a product search on the front end?

Excellent idea!

1) I would also like to see the option/ability to show multiple products on a single page along with product options and have the ability to add any/all of the products to the cart at once. This options should also have the ability in the back end to "associate" those products together much as you do now with the "up sell" module.

This would facilitate stores that either multiple products with unique SKU's that should be sold together (such as a top and bottom in clothing/swim wear) or have multiple products that could be sold separately or as a set (bedding sets) and have options for each item. The current product configurator does not handle these situations very gracefully. For instance with the bedding sets, you would show the Comforter, Bed Skirt, Pillow Shams and pillows all on one page with their options of Size (King, Queen, Full..) and Color (Red, Blue...) and have the ability to select a quantity for each and add them to the cart all in one "Add to Cart" click.

2) I would also like to see the pricing increase of product options handled differently. Rather than simply displaying (+3) in the option dropdown, the displayed price of the item should be dynamically updated with the total price. This could be accomplished the same way that Total Cart prices are recalculated when you chose a chipping option.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:33 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovico
One thing, you can't release x-cart 4 with the same invoice screen, you just can't! Somewhere, somehow you need to give users a way to design their own printable invoices, it's the one thing every client I've had complains about.

Could the invoice in the admin area be a kept seperate to the invoices on the front end so we can at least edit that template easily without having to hack up the cart.

I entirely agree! We have had one of our suppliers decide not to work with us until we have created a printable invoice system that can be customized to match what their warehouses use. They claim that having to get different invoice styles from different company orders causes a noticable loss in efficiency.
MySQL 5.1.68
Apache 2.2.23
Old 06-02-2004, 09:58 AM

Default X-Cart 4.0

Even with stats and all extraneous features turned off it is slow going to view cart and checkout. So, speed, speed, speed... I will be happy.

X-Cart Gold v4.0.7
PhP 4.3.1
MySQL 3.23.58
Web server: Apache
O/S Linux
Old 06-02-2004, 10:38 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.0.0 alpha 1 Release - Non Production Test Versi

Quote:

Cool- simultaneous editing of multiple products;

Good- ability to adjust the registration form for different user types;

Very good- ability to export products in Froogle format.

FANTASTIC!!!!! - to introduce inventory tracking based on product options;

The custom printable invoice is available here on the forums as a hack that works great and needs to be implemented in the 4.0 version.

I've relied on it so much and use it daily. It feels like the way the cart should be and works so well that I forgot it was a hack
Old 06-02-2004, 10:53 AM

X-Man

Yup we hack up ours to print both a full sheet Invoice with graphics, and a second duplicate sheet for our records.

We design ours so they fold into standard document enclosed slips. It's great having a "one click" invoice + dispatch note ability. And with page breaks put in it's also compatible wiith the multipage display.

On one of our sites we select all processed orders for that day and just click our "dispatch papers" link and it fires off all of the order invoices and duplicates (which have INTERNAL COPY on them), then we just pack and ship.

It's such a time saver you can't appreciate it until you've had to use the standard default invoice.

Difference in time is major:

Normal x-cart method for packing client
--------------------------
Checks orders for the day,
starts copying name, address to real invoice
copy's items to real invoice
copy's totals to real invoice
reformats it
Prints it
Creates another packing label
Prints it
Packs goods

Hacked up invoice mod we use, the normal client routine is
==========
Checks orders for the day, selects processed ones,
Clicks "print all"
Prints Duplicate Invoice and internal invoice for those record in one go on a proper looking printable invoice.
Packs goods.

On some sites, the time save between the two methods above amounts to several hours per day which amounts to solid days per month.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 06-02-2004, 12:02 PM

X-Adept

RRF- Will you please make the inventory tracking work so that when an option is out of stock that that option is no longer available in the option dropdown for the customer and when more stock is added that the option is again automatically available?

Thanks for the great cart and your effort in adding more features!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:58 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovico
Yup we hack up ours to print both a full sheet Invoice with graphics, and a second duplicate sheet for our records.

We design ours so they fold into standard document enclosed slips. It's great having a "one click" invoice + dispatch note ability. And with page breaks put in it's also compatible wiith the multipage display.

On one of our sites we select all processed orders for that day and just click our "dispatch papers" link and it fires off all of the order invoices and duplicates (which have INTERNAL COPY on them), then we just pack and ship.

Can someone post the link for the custom printable invoice hack mentioned in this thread? Groovico, is your code available for this invoice hack?
MySQL 5.1.68
Apache 2.2.23
Old 06-02-2004, 06:50 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuAlpha
Can someone post the link for the custom printable invoice hack mentioned in this thread? Groovico, is your code available for this invoice hack?

Ta Da

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=3682
Old 06-02-2004, 08:38 PM

eXpert

After reading this thread, I'm so EXCITED! http://www.goldmisers.com/smiles/thumbsup.gif I CAN'T WAIT!

A full featured html editor would be nice... both in admin and in webmaster mode

A second "Validate Email" field in checkout and gift certificates like found on this forum in cutom mods. (I use it now)

Added bonus would be the ability to offer ecards to gift certificate purchasers (like LiteCommerce)

Greater ability to import embedded pages (more accepting of various codes)

ABILITY TO UPGRADE AFTER MODS MADE TO CART!!! (without loosing flexability)

NOTE: I'm here because I think XCART is the best shopping cart out there... thanks for keeping it fresh and thanks for asking for our input.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements