X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-05-2009, 10:28 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2003
I am testing it. Thank you QT for your intense work.

Why the installation script is not able to create a database? If database already exists, use it. If not create it.

Thanks in return for your contribution.

> Why the installation script is not able to create a
> database? If database already exists, use it. If not create it.

Thanks for the idea. We'll consider adding this functionality to the installation script.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovico
We're also testing it, installation's stopped though due to the php memory limit check.

Thank you for your report in our bugtracker system. We have confirmed this bug and the fix will be included into the next build of the beta version.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:24 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo
Anyone know if there is a user manual for this version?

Sorry, the manual is not stable now: we are still making some modifications, which bring major changes into the user interface, thus we cannot guarantee that the manual is correct.

>How does one get the installation to start?

Please, see the on-line manual: http://www.x-cart.com/xcart_manual/online/installing_and_configuring_x_cart.htm
Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 AM

eXpert

I think you need to be careful with using AJAX and avoiding using it for it's own sake. The cart update happens so fast that most users won't realise that something happened when they clicked the button.

An improvement might be something like the image below, where text appears to show when the item has been added. This would work really well in pages that have a lot of items that are usually bought in quantity like nuts and bolts or sweets.

The appearance of a remove item button next to the add item would also make a good visual indication that a product had been added. Again on a page with a lot of items normally bought in quantity this might suit someone that has a budget and is adding and removing to reach that price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg item_added.jpg (39.5 KB, 81 views)
Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasan
ProxyPay3 and Deltapay payment methods are no longer available.
Why?
This is a serious issue especially for Greek market, as ProxyPay3 is used by Eurobank, one of the major banks that supports online payments.
Thank you.
I use Proxypay for all my "live" xcart installations.

This is an absolute MUST for the Greek market. I do not see any reason for you to remove the script ....
Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgarb
I think you need to be careful with using AJAX and avoiding using it for it's own sake. The cart update happens so fast that most users won't realise that something happened when they clicked the button.

An improvement might be something like the image below, where text appears to show when the item has been added. This would work really well in pages that have a lot of items that are usually bought in quantity like nuts and bolts or sweets.

Is there an option of directing the customer to the cart after adding a product. The cart update is so fast that it will most certainly be overlooked or confusing to a customer. Otherwise at the very least, i would like to see some text notification as mentioned above.
www.dizzidezine.com.au
Old 07-06-2009, 05:07 PM

Advanced Member

I think you should have an option to "open storefront" in a new window. It currently opens in same window.
www.dizzidezine.com.au
Old 07-08-2009, 02:58 AM

X-Cart team

Dear customers, thanks for your notes about ProxyPay3 and Deltapay. They are included into X-Cart again. They will also be available with X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM

X-Man

I would like to see some visual effects in administration, baloons who dissapear after a time, telling "The product details has been successfully updated." Icons in menus to make easier the administration process. Give some colors themes to the Admin. I feel there is something missing.

I'd like to see some accordion effects in menius and product page. Tabs also in frontend. Improvements for product page. More useful modules (e.g. currency).

Hope to able to use manufacturer name in front of a product name all over the cart. I think we requested that for the next v5, and many other features who will make our life much better.

I appreciated you insert the title tag when adding a product. In most of my situations, product name is different than page title.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 AM

X-Man

Can we find a better way to define this?

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var number_format_dec = '.';
var number_format_th = ' ';
var number_format_point = '2';
var store_language = 'en';
var xcart_web_dir = "/xcartbeta";
var images_dir = "/xcartbeta/skin1/images";
var lbl_no_items_have_been_selected = 'No items have been selected';
var current_area = 'C';
var currency_format = "$x";
var lbl_product_minquantity_error = "Sorry, the minimum order quantity for this product is {{min}}.";
var lbl_product_maxquantity_error = "Sorry, the maximum order quantity for this product is {{max}}.";
var lbl_product_quantity_type_error = "You can specify a number from <span class=\"min-quantity\">{{min}}<\/span> to <span class=\"max-quantity\">{{max}}<\/span>.";
-->
</script>
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements