Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

Hi,

Was just installing and testing the 4.3.0 beta 3 release and found these minor things that also exists on the demo site (http://dev.qtmsoft.com/~svowl/demo/Three-Stone-Princess-Cut-Diamond-Ring.html):

1. The text inside the image 'Save xx%' when products are on sale should not be hardcoded inside the picture but perhaps have it's own language variable.

2. When entering the detailed product page (in this case the 'Three Stone Princess Cut Diamond Ring' product) and then clicking the 'View detailed images' link, this correctly opens the shadowbox and with all the thumbnail pictures below. But why is the detailed product picture inside the shadow box clickable and linked to open the same picture in a new window? I've tested this with Firefox 3.5.x and IE 7.0 and the behaviour is the same.

3. When backing up the database the window is not scrolled back to the top of the page when completed as it does on most if not all other pages with the same feature.

4. If the language variable 'txt_newbie_registration_bottom' is too long the text will be cut off when showed on the register user page (at least with the new Chromo skin).

I know it's not much but it's just some of those small annoying things
Old 09-17-2009, 05:45 AM

Advanced Member

I do not think this is a bug, when doing a lightbox you still need to constrain the image sizes, I am assuming the pop up from there would be the full sized image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wank3r
2. When entering the detailed product page (in this case the 'Three Stone Princess Cut Diamond Ring' product) and then clicking the 'View detailed images' link, this correctly opens the shadowbox and with all the thumbnail pictures below. But why is the detailed product picture inside the shadow box clickable and linked to open the same picture in a new window? I've tested this with Firefox 3.5.x and IE 7.0 and the behaviour is the same.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 AM

eXpert

Actually the image 'ring_1.png' is 400px X 400px for both the shadowbox image and the extra pop-up image. So in my opinion it's still completely redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.Schoaf
I do not think this is a bug, when doing a lightbox you still need to constrain the image sizes, I am assuming the pop up from there would be the full sized image.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Just a quick feature suggestion for 4.3

Currently product variants can only be given a single price.
It would be good to see quantity price breaks also available on the variants.

The following user thanks multipoint for this useful post:
josebueso (10-09-2009)
Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 AM

Advanced Member

I like that suggestion, seems simple enough.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:11 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by multipoint
Just a quick feature suggestion for 4.3

Currently product variants can only be given a single price.
It would be good to see quantity price breaks also available on the variants.

Unless the feature was removed in 4.3 that should already be there with bulk/wholesale pricing per variant.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:03 PM

I 've installed 4.3 and I will start testing this new version.
Just a few moments ago I logged in as administrator, and I saw a Qualitem advertisment (it was promoting the Qualiteam hosting services) in the admin control panel.

I must say that this made me quite angry. I will be installing this to many clients of mine and I really do not permit Qualiteam to advertise their services to my own clients !

Besides this, I see that xcart communicates with Qualiteam servers to verify the license or fetch fresh ads. I really want to know, what other information is sent to Qualiteam servers (logins, usage, etc) without me knowing (or permitting) anything like that.

I do require an official answer on this, before we start digging into the code.
Thank you

The following user thanks the_island for this useful post:
ynotcreative (11-04-2009)
Old 10-04-2009, 03:59 PM

X-Adept

After their fiasco last month, I think it would take a lot of gall to advertise that service! Add to that the large number of hosting companies that offer X-cart products as part of their service, it could be considered a slap in the face.

I would be nice if they would concentrate on one product or service instead of spreading their resources so thin that all of the products/services suffer.

The following user thanks hoosierglass for this useful post:
ynotcreative (11-04-2009)
Old 10-06-2009, 11:30 PM

X-Cart team

Hi pals,

1. For resellers there is a simple tweak that disables the ad and replaces detailed instructions on receiving help from Qualiteam support staff with your instructions promoting your own support services. Detailed instructions on how to do that will be provided with the 4.3 release. In a few words: before giving X-Cart to your clients you need to edit wordings in "func_set_resellers" function in "include/func/func.backoffice.php" file and uncomment call of the function in "admin/auth.php" file

2. X-Cart doesn't initiate communication with our servers to verify the license. X-Cart assumes that it is not registered until the license owner initiates registration in the private members area at https://secure.qtmsoft.com

3. X-Cart doesn't fetch ads from our server. All the ads are hardcoded into X-Cart.

4. X-Cart doesn't send logins, usage and any other statistics to our servers. If we implement a feature that gathers some statistics, we will surely let you know that and will make it an option.

The following user thanks xplorer for this useful post:
am2003 (10-07-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 AM

X-Guru

Discovered something in 4.3 beta 3:

One of my favorite mods forces any category with only one product to display the product page when the category is selected:

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=23339

This mod works in all 4.1 versions. Do not know about 4.2 - and I can verify that it does not work in version 4.3 beta 3.

Maybe has something to do with clean urls?

Anyone know how I can edit this:

Code:
{if $products|@count eq 1} {assign var="prodURL" value="product.php?productid=`$products.0.productid`&cat=$cat&page=1"} {php} header( "Location: " . $GLOBALS[smarty]->_tpl_vars[prodURL] ); {/php} {/if}

I know that for CDSEO (basic) Jon provided an edit. I wonder if the clean URLs also require some kind of edit in 4.3?

==== EDIT =====

This works:
Code:
{assign var="prodURL" value="`$http_location`/`$products.0.page_url`"}

Thanks,

Jeremy