Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Expanded search options ver. 5.3.2.7 ???

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 03-14-2017, 12:30 PM

Default Expanded search options ver. 5.3.2.7 ???

We recently switched from an ancient v4.x cart (I think that version is in my signature) to a much more customer-pleasing v5.x cart. My number one gripe with this version is a lack of search functionality when looking for an order. Is there some setting or module that I can install that will give me a wider range of search options when I'm looking for an order?

v4.x allowed me to search for an order based on street address, country, telephone number, company name and several other variables that I don't see in the drop down search bar on 5.3.2.7.

I sell to a lot of schools and it's often hard to narrow my search results to the variables that I'm allowed to use on 5.3.2.7. Sometimes the name on the order is the purchasing agent and not the instructor. Sometimes the shipping address is different than the billing address, and the person contacting me about an order doesn't know both addresses.

Is there a simple fix for this? Am I missing a menu where I can include more search options?

Should I open a support ticket, since I pay the ~$149 a month for tech support through X-Cart? The X-cart support is excellent, and they have saved me endless hours of grief because I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to anything .php or .html

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-Dana Sullivan
Old 03-14-2017, 10:13 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Expanded search options ver. 5.3.2.7 ???

Hello Dana,

This is how XC5 was programmed to work. You can search orders by a zip/postal code, but there are no filters that would work from other address fields.

However, you can find these files when search for users. So, as a workaround you can search for the user first, and then filter orders by that user. Will this work?

It is possible to add the fields to the orders search form by creating a custom module. We can develop such a module for you. Please send a request for quote here: https://secure.x-cart.com/

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)