Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

BCSE cant fix it themselves: point reward sys

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-22-2008, 07:14 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: BCSE cant fix it themselves: point reward sys

Yes we can fix it. I'm not sure why you say we can't? Most of the time it's an install issue if there are any issues with the reward points. Sometimes its because X-cart has changed too much in their code from *minor* release to *minor* release that we have to change our install instructions. Sometimes it takes us longer to debug it because we're having troubles replicating the problems due to differences in expectations on how it's supposed to work or differences in code between the X-cart versions.

I'm not sure why you are upset with our support as we have replied very promptly(within a few hours to a few business days) every time except for once when we had server issues. We had to wait over 2 months from our last reply for you to tell us it wasn't working when we had completed some tests and it looked like it was. I see we are continuing to help you out with this and we will continue until it is resolved.

We have over 500 people using this module since 2004 with no problems. We do occasionally run into issues because of changes in X-cart that sometimes take a while to debug. Please be patient as we are working to resolve any issues brought to us for any modules ASAP. We do have a staff of over 9 here, but we are all overworked and try to help as quickly as possible and are continuing to hire more, to help even out the work load.

Thank you!

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 AM

About the mod; How it reacts strongly depends on your mix of additions to x-cart I guess. Therefore, dont be alarmed yet. I'ts just that when you do get in trouble, their service is quite bad. They let you wait alot and when they do something, it usually got worse. Thats my experiance at least.

About cheap customers, Dutch folks are all cheap
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 AM

Below is a bit of code I created to place a Customer Reward Box on the side menu box with three functions:
1. The first button (link) is for the Customer Rewards point Static Page that explains how the reward system works
2. The Second button (link) is for the Customer Referral Page. If the user is not logged in it displays User Must Log In below the link)
3. If the User is logged in it displays the Current Points Balance.
4. If you wanted to be real tricky you could add a "These points = a $xx discount" But thats way out of my scope. Maybe someone can contribute that bit of code using the varable from the rewards point admin

So, now, you have your available points shown on your side menu wherever you in are your cart. Display this in prominant position.

{capture name=menu}
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr><td>Earn Points</td><td><a href="/store/pages.php?pageid=30" title="Coffee Shrine's Customer Reward Points Programme">{include file="buttons/search_head.tpl"}</a>
</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><hr class="VertMenuHr" size="1"/></td></tr>
<tr><td>Refer a Friend</td><td><a href="/store/crp_referral.php" title="Refer a Friend and receive Bonus Points">{include file="buttons/search_head.tpl"}</a></td></tr>
{if $login eq "" }
<tr><td colspan="2>">(User must be logged in)</td></tr>
{else}
{* Points Added*}
<tr>
<td>Points Balance:</td>
<td><b>{$points.total}</b></td>

</tr>
{/if}

{* End Points added*}</table>
{/capture}
{ include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_reward_points menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu }You can see it in action at the top right side menu of my site www.CoffeeShrine.com.au
Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Even on the BCS site when you go to check out you have to go back to see how many points you have first, and then do the math to see how many it takes to pay for your order. I usually put in a static page that explains how the whole point system works, and also display the point totals and calculations throughout the checkout process so people can clearly see how many points they have, how many their order will require, etc.

Here's a solution for you:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=217186#post217186
Old 05-23-2008, 12:50 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by showoff
About the mod; How it reacts strongly depends on your mix of additions to x-cart I guess. Therefore, dont be alarmed yet. I'ts just that when you do get in trouble, their service is quite bad. They let you wait alot and when they do something, it usually got worse. Thats my experiance at least.

About cheap customers, Dutch folks are all cheap

Service is terrible? I've not see where you've given us any feedback and we have been in communication with you very quickly each time except for one time where we had server issues. We waited for 2 months for you to let us know if everything was working as expected and just heard back from you this month from back in March before that. We cannot help if we do not know there is an issue and when we have known, I feel like we've responded promptly. So I'm a bit at a loss why you think service is terrible? It looks like we have done fixes and are now waiting on feedback.

Thank you,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4