Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Help with bcse list products by manufacturer

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 PM

Default Help with bcse list products by manufacturer

Can some one help please this is driving me round the bend.

I have installed it to the instructions installed the patch and copied files to the correct directories.

I come up with this error message.

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "modules/Manufacturers/manufacturer_categories.tpl" in /home/www/antonywalsh/pinkandcream.com/docs/Smarty-2.6.12/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

In the instructions it says to copy some code into the file above but my question is does it make a difference that I have the fashion mosaic template installed. Should this file not be in skin1/modules?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:41 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Help with bcse list products by manufacturer

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons. If you get that error, it means you probably haven't uploaded that particular template to the correct directory.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 PM

Advanced Member

I have a problem with the same mod. Everything works perfectly without errors except that when you click the next page or next group of pages on the search, it simply returns back to the manufacturer/categories listing.

I've double and triple-checked everything there and can't seem to find a problem with my install. Any ideas?

I keep thinking there's something wrong with this line in skin1\modules\Manufacturers\customer_manufacturer_ products.tpl

PHP Code:
<div align="right">{include file="main/search_sort_by.tpl" url="manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=`$manufacturer.manufacturerid`&catid=`$catid`&page=`$navigation_page`&" sort_fields=$sort_fields selected=$sort direction=$sort_direction}</div> {*BCSE Modified*} 
Old 04-12-2008, 09:57 AM

X-Wizard

do you have any SEO mods that might be interfering with the urls?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:17 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
I have a problem with the same mod. Everything works perfectly without errors except that when you click the next page or next group of pages on the search, it simply returns back to the manufacturer/categories listing.

I've double and triple-checked everything there and can't seem to find a problem with my install. Any ideas?

I keep thinking there's something wrong with this line in skin1\modules\Manufacturers\customer_manufacturer_ products.tpl

PHP Code:
<div align="right">{include file="main/search_sort_by.tpl" url="manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=`$manufacturer.manufacturerid`&catid=`$catid`&page=`$navigation_page`&" sort_fields=$sort_fields selected=$sort direction=$sort_direction}</div> {*BCSE Modified*} 

If you get any issues like this then it's an incompatibility with an SEO rewrite module most likely. We are working to add compatibility to the module for CDSEO and DSEFU but since it's a free module we have to put this at the end of our schedule. Drop us a note if you want notified when it's ready.

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:31 PM

X-Wizard

XC SEO already supports extra parameters added to urls, whereas CDSEO & DSEFU both override unrecognized parameters in urls, so it wouldn't be XC SEO that is messing up the mod
Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
XC SEO already supports extra parameters added to urls, whereas CDSEO & DSEFU both override unrecognized parameters in urls, so it wouldn't be XC SEO that is messing up the mod

Good to know.

If anyone wants us to fix this for any other rewrite module, let us know via email or our contact us page.

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4