Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Making it so they don't have to re-login everytime

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-29-2004, 12:48 PM

Advanced Member

Well I attempted an install of this module in my X-Cart version 3.5.11, but it doesn't work.

I don't know much about cookies so I'm pretty much at a dead end. If anyone has successfully installed this on their 3.5.xx cart I would love to get a fix so that this works.

Thanks,

Adam
Old 10-29-2004, 01:04 PM

X-Guru

As mentioned, I'm working on many things currently, and don't have the time to work on this now, though if there is interest I may create a mod for this in the future. In the meantime, if somebody really wanted this I'd be willing to construct it at an hourly rate.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:08 PM

X-Guru

Took a year, but I finally go to it

Here's the final product.

http://www.websitecm.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=89
Old 06-01-2005, 03:24 AM

Advanced Member

I just ordered this mod and it works great, really good for the returning customer to not have to log in again!

I'd recommend this mod.

Philip.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:52 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Took a year, but I finally go to it

Here's the final product.

http://www.websitecm.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=89

Any chance you'd share the basic idea of how you built this mod so I can add it to my store? If you give me a brief explanation I can probably code it myself. I've got so much customization on my site, I'd rather build my own version than order the mod.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:43 PM

X-Guru

Set, reset, and read from a cookie The mod will integrate no problem regardless of customization.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:30 AM

X-Adept

Did you decide to store the password in a cookie or are you using some kind of system to generate a unique token/hash value that can be used to log the user in automatically without their password? The password way is easier, but less secure. I've never built an auto-login system that does it the other (more secure) way, but that's the way I'll probably do it.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:36 PM

X-Guru

I stored an encrypted password in the cookie.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:01 PM

X-Adept

Gotcha. So you're actually encrypting the user's password, saving as a cookie, then when they come back you pass the cookie and decrypt it. Did you make your own encryption method or did you go with x-cart's text crypt functions.

I could be wrong, but It seems like if you're passing the x-cart encrypted password , you might be opening a bit of a security hole since that would make it easier to guess the salt used by the x-cart crypt function. Just a thought. Anyway, thanks for letting me know how yours works. I will refrain from posting a detailed "how-to" if I do this mod for my store.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:14 PM

X-Guru

Do you have MSN Messenger?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions