Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Phone Ordering?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-09-2006, 08:18 AM

I used Albert Rodriguez - empty ship and bill to.

Quote:
Warning: array_pop(): The argument should be an array in /home/www/bcseng/http/demo/admin/pos_order_form.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 256
Username:

One of the other customers worked fine. I was also able to add a couple of books to the order and play around with it a bit. I like the price flexibility and the discount features. Would be nice if it responded to the wholesale pricing automatically.. or at least noted that it was available for a given item, so you don't have to go look it up.

I'm not sure how possible this is, but in quickbooks when you enter an item's model number into an invoice, it has a nifty autocomplete and a dropdown box that is limited only to models that match with the portion you have already typed in. This makes it pretty quick and easy to add a new product, even if you are not quite sure what the SKU is. I wonder if javascript could be used in this way?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:44 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Phone Ordering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We're keeping an eye on this thread for wishes/wants.

Carrie
Carrie, would there be a lot involved to add Postcode Anywhere into your POS mod?

Thanks

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo
Carrie, would there be a lot involved to add Postcode Anywhere into your POS mod?

Thanks

We should be able to do this. Did you drop us an email yet? I seem to remember this question. (Sorry we get so many questions, I'm not always 100% sure if it's been asked before).

If you haven't, drop us an email to "support"

Thanks,
Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:25 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
We should be able to do this. Did you drop us an email yet? I seem to remember this question. (Sorry we get so many questions, I'm not always 100% sure if it's been asked before).

If you haven't, drop us an email to "support"

Thanks,
Carrie
Thanks Carrie, I had opened a ticket with you but have been away, sorry about that.
I have just reopened the ticket on your site.

Thanks again
Tony

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Phone Ordering? - Huh? Why do I need this mod???

I'm confused by all this - currently I have the option under method of payments to use "Phone Ordering", why would I need this mod?

I figure the way it is set up now customers can place the order, select phone ordering as method of payment, then the sale becomes queued. After that I imagine the customer will contact me or vice versa and then I'll process the credit card, change the sale to processed and that does it.

Can someone please explain to me why I would need this mod that bcsenginnering is offering?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:54 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Phone Ordering? - Huh? Why do I need this mod???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinperson
I'm confused by all this - currently I have the option under method of payments to use "Phone Ordering", why would I need this mod?

I figure the way it is set up now customers can place the order, select phone ordering as method of payment, then the sale becomes queued. After that I imagine the customer will contact me or vice versa and then I'll process the credit card, change the sale to processed and that does it.

Can someone please explain to me why I would need this mod that bcsenginnering is offering?

Thanks!

Kevin,

People use this software to take phone orders directly on the phone. So a customer would call you up and inquire about products, you'd sell them on the idea and you'd directly place their order for them. That way they don't have to go back on your site to buy it (leaving the potential for them to forget or change their mind). It also allows you to give them "on the fly discounts". It allows you to adjust the price of individual products or give a discount across the whole order. This you cannot do quickly using the customer side of your X-cart.

Other people use it for their instore terminals, rather than buying expensive POS equipment and then having to synchronize their X-cart database and their POS database, it can be all in one.

That's just a couple of ways. Maybe others will have their comments on how they use it. this is just the feed back we've gotten.

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4