Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

FacebookTab module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 PM

Default Re: FacebookTab module released

just curious how this will work, now that the FBML appplication that allows tabs at the top of screen can no longer be used for new applications.

As of March 12 i thought all business page layouts were automatically converted to the new layout with the menu at the side.

The xcart demo looks fine - has anyone installed it in the last week?
Site 3 - xcart 4.2
Site 4 - xcart 4.3
Old 03-18-2011, 12:30 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozchris
just curious how this will work, now that the FBML appplication that allows tabs at the top of screen can no longer be used for new applications.

As of March 12 i thought all business page layouts were automatically converted to the new layout with the menu at the side.

The xcart demo looks fine - has anyone installed it in the last week?

Our team checked the FacebookTab on new pages view. It works well. And the extra bonus of the new layout - you can change the name of the tab!
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=310948&postcount=11

Last edited by ambal : 03-18-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM

X-Adept

I just installed this today on my Picture Frames store .
Firstly I would like to that Konstantin and his colleagues - their support is fantastic and deserves to be mentioned here.

I think the FB control panel for pages, profiles, business pages etc is very poor and not at all intuitive - hopefully facebook will make the admin panel easier - but maybe not.

With regards the FB tab module, it is great but I have issues regards - the quantity option. I dont think you can specify the quanity if you want to order 3 of the same product.

Also some products I use - the price is variable and determined on size. That means there some products will be displayed as $0.00 - and only when you use a drop down product option - will you see the product price.

The other option that would be nice to have is that on my product variant options the colour will change to reflect the customers choice - if that could be looked into it would be fantastic.

Once again - thanks konstantin
php 7.x
Old 04-04-2011, 01:49 AM

Advanced Member

Thumbs up Re: FacebookTab module released

I have just installed the facebook mod. I have been looking for a solution that would give me a shopping function on my facebook page and I haven't been able to find anything that could do multi-currency and handle the fact that I have two sites in different countries and one common facebook page. This mod doesn't do it out of the box but x-cart made it work for me and I'm also very happy with the help from Konstantin and the support people.

I really like this as a solution to what I was trying to do. Because it's really pulling x-cart through as a feed from the store into a facebook tab, then I'm not dealing with separate inventory management or payment systems.
BCS Reward Points
BCS Photo Gallery
Skateboard Express UK
Skateboard Express Australia
Skateboard Express on Facebook
Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1967
I just installed this today on my Picture Frames store .
Firstly I would like to that Konstantin and his colleagues - their support is fantastic and deserves to be mentioned here.

Thank you for your words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1967
With regards the FB tab module, it is great but I have issues regards - the quantity option. I dont think you can specify the quanity if you want to order 3 of the same product.

Also some products I use - the price is variable and determined on size. That means there some products will be displayed as $0.00 - and only when you use a drop down product option - will you see the product price.

The other option that would be nice to have is that on my product variant options the colour will change to reflect the customers choice - if that could be looked into it would be fantastic.

The current restrictions of the functionality based on FMJS technology in Facebook. It is not much flexible and we had to cut JS-functionality. However we added to our roadmap to review the mentioned features and add it into new version of FacebookTab module.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM

X-Cart team

http://ideas.x-cart.com/forums/32109-x-cart-future-versions/suggestions/1677301-js-product-options-for-facebooktab?ref=title

Here you can vote for dynamic JS product options in FacebookTab. Vote for it! )
Old 04-16-2011, 09:58 PM

X-Adept

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I would appreciate clarification on the following.

Say my store has 3 different brands (brand A, brand B and brand C) and each brand has it's own facebook page.

Is it possible to ensure only brand A products are on the brand A facebook page, brand B products are on the brand B page and so on?

Secondly then can I have a website facebook page which has all the brands on it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:23 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I would appreciate clarification on the following.

Say my store has 3 different brands (brand A, brand B and brand C) and each brand has it's own facebook page.

Is it possible to ensure only brand A products are on the brand A facebook page, brand B products are on the brand B page and so on?

Secondly then can I have a website facebook page which has all the brands on it?

Thanks in advance.

i don't think is a complete answer to your question but it may help - x-cart's facebook tab module allows you to select which products will appear on your facebook store by category. so if your different brands have their own categories, then the module will do what you want out of the box (for one facebook page). otherwise, maybe you could ask qualiteam if they'll give you a quote on a custom feature that will allow you to select whether products show up in the store tab by manufacturer rather than category. you might also need some customisation to get one site sending feeds to 3 facebook tabs, i think it might be intended as 1 site; 1 facebook page. the customisation that i got them to do for me with this module wasn't expensive and worked well.
BCS Reward Points
BCS Photo Gallery
Skateboard Express UK
Skateboard Express Australia
Skateboard Express on Facebook
Old 04-18-2011, 01:37 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_

Thanks in advance.

FacebookTab allows to define which category will be shown on the facebook page.

However to provide you with the ability to define different categories for the different FB-pages the module should be modified. Please, contact our sales team to get the additional information
Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 AM

Advanced Member

Facebook occasionally bombards my store with an ungodly amount of unregistered users and makes the store error out. I mean today I have over 21,000 unregistered users hitting the site from Facebook by using this tab. What is this and what can be done about it? Check this post for more details: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=58778
www.78ta.com
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements