Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

ITEMS FOR SALE

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-05-2004, 09:28 AM

Default ITEMS FOR SALE

Greetings everyone. I want to have a "ITEMS FOR SALE PAGE", is there a way to setup a query using "Price " and "List Price", so for every item whose list price is for example $20.00 over current price, then that item would be returned in the query and can be classified as an item ON SALE. I will figure it out eventually but anyhelp is appreciated!! Thanks.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:16 PM

X-Guru

i moved your post as the custom mods forum is for finished mods only.

The best place to start here is taking a look at the bestsellers module. You can adjust the idea behind this to fit your needs

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 05-05-2004, 03:50 PM

Default ON SALE PAGE COMPLETE

I said I would figure it out and I did. I will post in 5 min!!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:07 PM

Default ON SALE CONTINUED ...........

1) First create a file called "on_sale.php" --> customer/on_sale.php:

Code:
<? # # $Id: on_sale.php,v 1.14.2.2 2004/02/05 12:29:22 mclap Exp $ # require "../smarty.php"; require "../config.php"; @include "./https.php"; require "./auth.php"; require "../include/categories.php"; require "./sales_items.php"; # # Assign Smarty variables and show template # $tmp = strstr($QUERY_STRING, "$XCART_SESSION_NAME="); if (!empty($tmp)) $QUERY_STRING = ereg_replace("([&]*)$XCART_SESSION_NAME=([0-9a-zA-Z]*)([&]*)", "", $QUERY_STRING); if ( !defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: home.php"); die("Access denied"); } if ($new) $smarty->assign("sales",mainsales); $smarty->display("customer/sales.tpl"); ?>

2) The create a file called "sales_items.php" ---> customer/sales_items.php:

Code:
<? // the database query $query = "SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[products],$sql_tbl[pricing] WHERE forsale='Y' AND avail>0 AND $sql_tbl[products].list_price - $sql_tbl[pricing].price > 20 ORDER BY xcart_products.productID DESC LIMIT 0,6 "; // give the product array to smarty to make it available sitewide. $salesproducts = func_query($query); $smarty->assign("salesproducts",$salesproducts); ?>

PLEASE NOTE IN: "$sql_tbl[products].list_price - $sql_tbl[pricing].price > 20" THAT 20 can be any number you choose!!!

3) Now go to "skin1/customer" and create the following 3 files:

- #new_sales.tpl#

Code:
{capture name=dialog} {if $salesproducts ne ""} {include file="customer/onsale.tpl" products=$salesproducts} {else} {$lng.txt_sales_items} {/if} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_sales_items content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

- #on_sale.tpl#

Code:
{* $Id: onsale.tpl,v 1.2 2003/04/24 09:50:33 svowl Exp $ *} <center><table border=0 width="100%"><tr><td> <center><table border=0 width=100%> {section name=product loop=$products} {if $smarty.section.product.index is div by 2} </tr><tr valign="top"> {/if} <td valign="top"width=350> <center><table border=0 width=100%><tr> <td width=150 align=center valign=top><a href=product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}>{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid product=$products[product].product} {$products[product].param02} </td> <td valign=top width=200>{$products[product].product|escape}</font> <font size=1>{$products[product].descr|truncate:80:"...":true}</font> <hr size=1 noshade width=130 align=left> {if $active_modules.Subscriptions ne "" and $products[product].catalogprice} {include file="modules/Subscriptions/subscription_info_inlist.tpl"} {else} {if $products[product].price ne 0} {if $products[product].discount ne 0} <font class=MarketPrice>{$lng.lbl_market_price}: <s>{math equation="(price/(100-discount))*100" price=$products[product].price discount=$products[product].discount format="%d.00" assign=unformatted}{include file="currency.tpl" value=$unformatted}</s></font> {/if} <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].price}</font><font class=MarketPrice>{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$products[product].price}</font>{if $products[product].discount ne 0}, save {$products[product].discount}%{/if} {else} <font class=TableCenterProductTitleOrange>{$lng.lbl_enter_your_price}</font> {/if} {/if} </td></tr> </table> </center> </td> {/section} </td></tr></table></center> </td></tr></table> </center>

And finally:

- #sales.tpl#

Code:
{* $Id: sales.tpl,v 1.3 2003/04/09 10:13:30 olga Exp $ *} { config_load file="$skin_config" } <html> <head> <title> Uppity Footwear - On Sale!!!!</title> { include file="meta.tpl" } <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/{#CSSFile#}"> </head> <body LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 RIGHTMARGIN=0 BOTTOMMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0>{ include file="head.tpl" } <table border=0 width="750" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 align="center"> <tr> <td valign=top width=750> {include file="customer/new_sales.tpl"} </td> </tr> </table> { include file="rectangle_bottom.tpl" } </body> </html>

Now where ever you have your main links, whether in "head.tpl" or in "rectangle_bottom.tpl" go and add your link to the on_sale.php page there!!

Remember if you're using DHTML Drop down menus, you have to add you javascript code to the meta.tpl file, without "{literal} {/literal}. That's it. I will continue to post as I figure new things out. I appreciate all of the posts that everyone has made. They have helped me tremendously. I will do the same in return!!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:32 PM

X-Guru

and back to custom mods we go

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 05-05-2004, 06:31 PM

Default CORRECTION

The the query in the "sales_items.php" shoulb be:

Code:
// the database query $query = "SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[products],$sql_tbl[pricing] WHERE forsale='Y' AND avail>0 AND $sql_tbl[products].productid LIKE $sql_tbl[pricing].productid AND $sql_tbl[products].list_price - $sql_tbl[pricing].price > 19 ORDER by xcart_products.productID DESC LIMIT 0,10 ";

Sorry
Old 05-10-2004, 11:42 PM

Advanced Member

Default How to add link?

Hello daddyroy,

I am trying out your mod, and I am not sure how to link the code to the on_sale.php file? I tried a few things and nothing has worked. Could you tell me how to link it?

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:40 AM

Default LINKING ON_SALE.php

Hello how are you. You can simply add the code in the ../skin1/head.tpl like I did. Here is my modified version of head.tpl:

Code:
{* $Id: head.tpl,v 1.3 2003/04/24 09:50:33 svowl Exp $ *} <center><TABLE WIDTH=750 BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0> <TR> <TD COLSPAN=5 valign=top> [img]{$ImagesDir}/uppity_01.gif[/img]</TD> <TD COLSPAN=4 valign=bottom> <div align=right><table border=0 cellpadding=1 cellspacing=0 width=190> <tr> <td width=118 valign=top><font color="#910021">Items in Cart:</font></td> <td width=68 valign=top><div align=right>{if $minicart_total_items > 0}[b]{$minicart_total_items}{else}0{/if}</div></td></tr> <tr> <td width=118 valign=bottom><font color="#910021">Cart Total:</font></td> <td width=68 valign=top><div align=right>{if $minicart_total_items > 0}{include file="currency.tpl" value=$minicart_total_cost}{else}$0.00{/if}</div></td></tr></table> [img]{$ImagesDir}/view_cart.jpg[/img][img]{$ImagesDir}/check_out.jpg[/img]</div> </TD> </TR></table><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width=750> <TR> <TD width=750><script language="JavaScript1.2">mmLoadMenus();</script>[img]../skin1/images/category.jpg[/img][img]../skin1/images/uppity_04.gif[/img][img]../skin1/images/brand.jpg[/img][img]../skin1/images/uppity_04.gif[/img][img]../skin1/images/style.jpg[/img][img]../skin1/images/uppity_04.gif[/img][img]../skin1/images/new_arrivals.jpg[/img][img]../skin1/images/uppity_04.gif[/img][img]../skin1/images/sales_items.jpg[/img]</TD> </TR> <tr> <td width=750 height=1 bgcolor=#910021></td></tr> <tr> <td width=750 valign=bottom><div align=right> <form action="../customer/sizes.php"method="GET"><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0> <tr> <td valign=bottom>[img]{$ImagesDir}/size.jpg[/img]</td><td valign=bottom> {literal}<select name="sz"> <option selected value="5">5</option> <option value="5.5">5.5</option> <option value="6">6</option> <option value="6.5">6.5</option> <option value="7">7</option> <option value="7.5">7.5</option> <option value="8">8</option> <option value="8.5">8.5</option> <option value="9">9</option> <option value="9.5">9.5</option> <option value="10">10</option> <option value="10.5">10.5</option> <option value="11">11</option> <option value="11.5">11.5</option> <option value="12">12</option> </select>{/literal}</td> <td valign=bottom><input type=image src="{$ImagesDir}/search_go.jpg"border=0"> </td></tr></table></FORM></div></td></tr></TABLE>

OR

You can add the links to .../skin1/rectangle_bottom.tpl like this. Again my modified verson of rectangle_bottom.tpl:

Code:
{* $Id: rectangle_bottom.tpl,v 1.3.2.1 2003/09/17 11:52:12 svowl Exp $ *}<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellpadding=0 width=750><tr><td width=750 valign=top><center>Home |My Account | Recover Password | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Return Policy | F.A.Q. </center></td></tr> <tr><td width=750 valign=bottom> <center>[img]{$ImagesDir}/visa-mastercard.jpg[/img] YOUR COMPANY Tel: (123) 456 - 7810 Email: <a href ="mailto:sales@yourwebsite.com">sales@mywebsite.com</a> Copyright &copy; My COmpany. All rights reserved. </center></td></tr></table></center>

This works!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:44 AM

Default The on_sale.php

Code:
$sql_tbl[products].list_price - $sql_tbl[pricing].price > 19

This > 19 could be any number you set. I just set it that any item that is $19 or more less than the list price would be considered ON SALE.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:57 PM

Advanced Member

Default blank page

Hello daddroy. Thanks for answering ! . I know this will be a nice mod. I put the link in, but when I click it, the on_sale.php gives me a blank screen. I haven't been able to figure out why. One of the things I had to change was the "require" section on the on_sale.php to the following, because it couldn't find the template engine:

Quote:
//require "../smarty.php";
//require "../config.php";
@include "./https.php";
//require "./auth.php";
require "../include/categories.php";
//require "./sales_items.php";

The template error messages went away when I did that, but now the screen just goes blank. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks for your help and the mod info, and I will try to see what I am doing wrong.

By the way, what version of xcart was this written on?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions