Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Suggestions for USPS fulfillment

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 12-27-2015, 12:45 PM

Default Suggestions for USPS fulfillment

I have been using Stamps.com for years. I pay the $35/mo option which allows me to buy insurance at a 40% discount from normal USPS rates (which I take advantage of a lot since I ship a lot of small valuable items). However as I switch to X-Cart I'm having trouble getting the Stamps.com integration to work and I was wondering if I should consider any alternative?

I don't think it makes sense for me to use UPS or Fedex since my items are very light and small (most of my packages are $3 to mail). I do make heavy use of a thermal label printer.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:03 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Suggestions for USPS fulfillment

Most of my clients use Shipworks. Shipworks includes a free Stamps.com membership, and has a great interface (or so I am told). They also issue very nice reports at the end of the week.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following user thanks totaltec for this useful post:
elmirage001 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 03:52 PM

eXpert

Click-N-Ship is no longer offering the commercial rate for small volume retailers, so I am looking for alternatives. I signed-up for a Stamps.com trial, but have some questions.

Many Priority US Mail Flat Rate options include up to $50 of insurance coverage in the price, but that does not look to be the case for the same service in Stamps.com. Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-17-2016, 04:19 PM

eXpert

The following is from an article at this link: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m07/i09/s01

The date was 2013. Does anyone know if it still applies?

According to Eric Nash of Stamps.com, the $100 Priority Mail insurance is only for Commercial Plus customers. "Overall, Stamps.com prints Commercial Base pricing for all packages and the USPS will be offering $50 of free coverage in Priority Mail for customers." Those customers who have been approved for Commercial Plus pricing from the USPS will automatically receive $100 of coverage for all of their Priority Mail packages when they print their shipping labels using Stamps.com.
"It's important to note that this free insurance coverage is being added from the USPS for shipping labels that include the Intelligent Mail package barcode," Nash said, and since the insurance is provided from the USPS, all claims would need to be processed with the USPS at usps.com/domestic-claims.
Endicia Product Marketing Manager Jessica Foth said Endicia would also support the new free USPS insurance coverage for all of its customers automatically, both for Commercial Base and Commercial Plus shippers.

P.S.- FWIW Around 33:30 minutes into the linked Webinar the speaker states that USPS will not honor the free $50/$100 insurance if the postage cost is hidden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RekEeExPex8
Old 01-17-2016, 05:32 PM

X-Adept

Sorry but I don't have any experience with stamps.com. I use Endicia Premium ($16/mo) and print labels on our UPS type thermal printer using Endicia's Dazzle PC app. It works well for me.

Postage cost follows the online retail rates. USPS's Domestic Priority Mail insurance covers $50 by default. If more coverage is required then I can buy USPS insurance at retail rates or use Endicia's discount priced insurance.
XCart X-PDF
XCart X-HotProducts
AlteredCart Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
BCSE Back In Stock
CFL Holiday Message
CFL System Message
Smack Digital (WebsiteCM) Remember Anon Carts
xcartmods Testimonials
xcartmods reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic
Unix, PHP 7.0 (patched 5.4).
MySQL 5.6

The following user thanks Thomasb134 for this useful post:
elmirage001 (01-18-2016)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)