Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Responsive Layout & Mobile Skin for V4.3.2 and previous versions

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 12-20-2017, 02:48 AM

Advanced Member

Default Responsive Layout & Mobile Skin for V4.3.2 and previous versions

Hi all, I just wanted to share a great experience I have had upgrading my xcart 4.3.2 site with a mobile responsive view. Although I have many third party mods the skin is fairly much the standard xcart "lite & lucid 3 column skin"

The BIG G and my customers were demanding that I upgrade my site to either a responsive site or at minimum add a mobile add-on. After doing a lot of research I decided that a responsive site was the best option BUT I had very limited options as I could not find any third party responsive template mod that would work with 4.3.2 or lower.

I contacted xcart and asked if they could do a custom mobile responsive template / version of my site and to my surprise they said they could. Some other third party companies warned me that this could be very involved and "risky" in getting a good result. Any way, I decided to take the risk and it has paid off in a big way.

Xcart quoted me and Diana G (hide last name for privacy) was given the project. On schedule they released a test site for me to have a look at their work. I was blown away how good the first release was. I am a very hard marker when i comes to this type of thing but i would say they had it 95% perfect first time around. I spent about a week ironing out several issues and improvements. Diana was more than happy to go the extra mile and make it the best that we could. Another very positive thing I found with dealing with Diana was that I could make a list of issues / improvements and she would just do it first time without needless email ping-pong ,,, which I have had with other companies.

I am sure other xcart programmers are very good but Diana is extremely good. The speed and accuracy that she would complete a list of issues / improvements was amazing.

I paid a fair price for the upgrade and I certainly was not offered a discount or asked to write this review. I very rarely do reviews but to any fellow xcarter that uses 4.3.2 and below and wants to upgrade their site to a mobile friendly responsive site then don't hesitate to contact xcart and get it done

You can view the site at https://www.accesspos.com.au/ try it on your desktop then mobile
X-Magnifier
BCSE - Simple Password Recovery
BCSE - Wholesale Pricing on Category Pages
BCSE - Category Headings
WebsiteCM - Prev / Next
WebsiteCM - EzUpsell
WebsiteCM - Dynamic Product Tabs
WebsiteCM - xCMS
WebsiteCM - CDSEO
Xcart Mods - Recently Viewed
SafetyNetWeb - Vistor Sitemap PRO
Altered Cart - On Sale