Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

product image carousel

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-31-2010, 05:43 PM

Advanced Member

Smile product image carousel

Hey everyone,
Does anyone seen a good product image carousel, (similar to the one Amazon used to have on their homepage), that can be used in main category pages, to display the "featured products" in that category, instead of the default X-cart module?
X-cart 4.2.3.
Many thanks.
D
Old 02-06-2010, 07:16 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: product image carousel

You might want to consider this one we've made. The look and feel of it is very customizable if you know a bit on smarty and don't like the default look.

http://bcsengineering.com/store/dynamic-banner-scroller-for-x-cart.html

We have a client with a really nice example with the look tweaked just a bit to suit their look and feel. Contact us if you want to see it and we'll ask permission of our client to show it to you.

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:02 AM

eXpert

You are most welcome to take a look at mine that was customized by Carrie, must say the admin side of this mod is also great!

http://www.customoid.co.uk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
You might want to consider this one we've made. The look and feel of it is very customizable if you know a bit on smarty and don't like the default look.

http://bcsengineering.com/store/dynamic-banner-scroller-for-x-cart.html

We have a client with a really nice example with the look tweaked just a bit to suit their look and feel. Contact us if you want to see it and we'll ask permission of our client to show it to you.

Thanks,

Carrie

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 03-01-2010, 06:26 AM

From the description, this module does not connect into the exiting products in the store for the description, image etc? You have to manage this separately vs selecting existing products from a list box?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 AM

eXpert

Correct it does not, but why would you want it to? This mod was not designed to connect into existing products, it was designed with the idea of having flexibility, e.g. you can display your manufactures or categories or like you said even products if you wish. You can add custom links to where ever you wish it to link to and even better it allows you to add as many "scrollers" on your site as you want and they all can have different contents in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliance
From the description, this module does not connect into the exiting products in the store for the description, image etc? You have to manage this separately vs selecting existing products from a list box?

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM

I suppose I probably miss understood what this product was to be used for.

I understand needing this flexibility if the products, categories, manufacturers are not hosted in your cart software or if you are using the scrolling product carousel for advertising or something. To answer your question of "why would you want to?" If the carousel is pointing back to categories, products or manufacturers defined in your cart why would you want to have to manage these images, descriptions etc in two separate places.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:31 AM

eXpert

The mod is made for (shortcuts / Quick picks / clickable links) name it what you wish.

To make things simple for you, this mod allows you to specify the image you want (allow you to browse so you can upload the image from your PC) to use and where the image must link to and also what text must show with the image.

Most "scrollers" only allows you to have one image and then it "scrolls" to the next image and so on... This "scroller" can be used as a slide show as well because it also have a setting in admin for auto "scroll" and you can even set the time on it to "scroll".

Features:

- Display text at top (YES/NO)
- Auto-scroll (YES/NO)
- Number of items visible
- Number of items to scroll at one time
- Order By

*You can also have multiple “scrollers” on your site with different things in them and manage them all separately

I am sure BCS will be able to turn this mod into whatever functionality it is that you need. The functionality as it is now is what I required to suit my needs and I am happy with it. Write Carrie an e-mail at BCS and explain what it is that you need and they can make it happen, also the appearance of this mod is very customizable. Have you seen mine on my site? The images that I used are a bit low quality but I will replace them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliance
I suppose I probably miss understood what this product was to be used for.

I understand needing this flexibility if the products, categories, manufacturers are not hosted in your cart software or if you are using the scrolling product carousel for advertising or something. To answer your question of "why would you want to?" If the carousel is pointing back to categories, products or manufacturers defined in your cart why would you want to have to manage these images, descriptions etc in two separate places.

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4