Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Anyone Tracking Abandonment?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-04-2008, 03:43 PM

Question Anyone Tracking Abandonment?

I was wondering if anyone with AlterCart's One-Page Checkout had kept statistics on shopping cart abandonment and/or order completion stats... before and after moving to One-Page Checkout

I.ve been very happy with the products from Altercart so far (buy-together & OnSale are great products).

I'm really interested in the one-page check out product, but want to know it it makes any difference is sales.

Xmas is coming... anything the generates more sales is worth $170
Old 10-07-2008, 02:36 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Anyone Tracking Abandonment?

I'm curious about this as well, and believe I've asked a similar question in the past, but nobody has provided any hard data yet. I will add though, that any data should be taken with a grain of salt as most x-cart users have modified checkout in some way already which most likely won't match your checkout (or ours) completely. There are also many other variables, such as a sites demographics, that play a huge role in why one checkout method may possibly be better for you.

For our site, the improved error-handling of the One Page Checkout may be worth the price because I know we lose customers due to X-Carts sometimes cryptic error messages (which can only be customized so much). That said, our customers may like that checkout has 3 simple stages which are easy to walk through (or something else about our checkout) and there is really no way to know that without simply testing it out. It's a difficult question to answer - which is why I think you see so many different checkout types among even the most successful e-commerce sites.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4