Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandat
Has any one use this on site which have more than 5000 products ?

The Smart Search was tested on stores with over 5,000 products and over 10,000 unique words and most searches take less than 1 second to return. As with any program if your site is sluggish, the search is going to be sluggish. If basic MySQL page take 5-10 seconds to load on your site the Smart Search is going to take 5-10 seconds to complete a search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandat
how was the results ? accuracy & time taken for indexing ? Also it's putting high load on server while indexing & searching ?

The results are generated based on their relevancy. For example, if you search for 'shoe', the more often the word shoe is in the title and description of a product the closer it is to the top of the results.

The indexing is a moderately intensive process. It is important to remember because of the index the search is faster because the CPU and SQL intensive functions/queries only need to be run once for each search word. It takes about 1 minute per 1,000 words to build the search database.

The Smart Search is highly configurable with settings to control how complex the searches will be depending on your server. If you are on a slow server you can turn the spell check/suggest accuracy to 'Medium', or 'Low' to speed up your searches. Also, individual portions of the search can be turned on or off to reduce the MySQL and CPU cycles if they are not needed.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Are extra fields searchable?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 PM

Thumbs up Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

I am using Smart Search on a multi language site
It works great!
I really recomend this product!

Jerry

x-cart Pro 4.1.3
Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by volome
I am using Smart Search on a multi language site
It works great!
I really recomend this product!
Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn180
Are extra fields searchable?

Extra fields are not searched by default. The Smart Searches the titles, descriptions, and keywords. However, it could be customized to search any fields, but this would be on a site by site basis.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbrewer
Thanks Jerry. Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase.

Extra fields are not searched by default. The Smart Searches the titles, descriptions, and keywords. However, it could be customized to search any fields, but this would be on a site by site basis.

Customized, as in we have the source and can modifiy it? Or, do we need to request this before buying? For instance, I always add searching the SKU and productid.

Is the indexing done once a day? Customizable? Cronable?

I'm on 4.0x and will eventually upgrade to 4.1x. Are upgrades included?

Can you direct link to searches?
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc5382
Customized, as in we have the source and can modifiy it? Or, do we need to request this before buying? For instance, I always add searching the SKU and productid.

The major functions are encrypted but the main files are not. Depending on how you are looking to integrate the search you might or might not be able to integrate changes. For example you could add fields to the advanced search page and then process them through the search page and add them to the results.

Quote:
Is the indexing done once a day? Customizable? Cronable?

The indexing is done manually, or you can set it up as a cron.

Quote:
I'm on 4.0x and will eventually upgrade to 4.1x. Are upgrades included?

All of the alteredCart products, including the Smart Search, are now designed to be 4.0 and 4.1 compatible in the same package. When you upgrade to X-Cart 4.1 the Smart Search will automatically configure itself to run on the newer version.

Quote:
Can you direct link to searches?

Yes.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Bill - I'm close to purchasing your new program. If I have Firetank's Advanced Instant Product Search mod already installed will it be difficult to disable that so that your mod takes over all the search function? In other words, do you think I can install your program myself if I have Firetank's mod working right now? Or would I be better off having you do the installation to make sure it's done correctly?

Thanks.
Jeff

CDSEO Pro, X-AOM, Firetank's Feed Manager and Sitemap,
Altered Cart's Smart Search and 1-Page Checkout, On Sale,
and Marketing Manager Pro

Hosting by WiredTree
Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff
Bill - I'm close to purchasing your new program. If I have Firetank's Advanced Instant Product Search mod already installed will it be difficult to disable that so that your mod takes over all the search function? In other words, do you think I can install your program myself if I have Firetank's mod working right now? Or would I be better off having you do the installation to make sure it's done correctly?

Because they use different technologies, there shouldn't be any conflicts. However the Smart Search and Advanced Instant Product Search input templates will need to be combined for the two products to work happily together (and so there is only one search field).

If you are pretty good with HTML and JavaScript you could probably cut, copy and paste the necessary Smart Search code into the existing instant search field template. If you do not know HTML I would definitely order the installation.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:43 PM

X-Adept

I'm ready to buy but would like to know if it is easily modded to also search productId and SKU.

This is super easy in the standard x-cart search b/c I can mod the SQL query. Not sure what is available for this mod. If it's not already part of the standard SmartSearch, can it be added?

Thanks
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
I'm ready to buy but would like to know if it is easily modded to also search productId and SKU.

This is super easy in the standard x-cart search b/c I can mod the SQL query. Not sure what is available for this mod. If it's not already part of the standard SmartSearch, can it be added?

Thanks

Search by SKU and productid are going to be included in the next update. It will be available as early as tomorrow.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4