Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

EASY CHECKOUT --> is there a better way

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-15-2006, 08:39 PM

X-Guru

Personally I think there is no silver bullet when it comes to checkout processes. Everyone is targeting a different demographic and selling different products, knowing your customers and what they ultimately want to make their lifes as consumers of your products is the ultimate goal of any checkout procedure. I normally suggest to clients to either hire a usuability to firm to go through your checkout process and determine how long it takes to do a set list of items, and suggestions to improve. Of course you can do this with some novice computer users, as I'm sure many of has have friends with out much knowledge other than turn on the computer, browse the web and email Watching over their shoulder and not helping in any way, taking any notes you see is another way to do this wout having to hire a usuability firm.

Basically get as much input as you can from your users and tweak, tweak, tweak!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 PM

eXpert

the header and footer are not intended to distract the customer...nor will they have flashing banners and animated gifs for that matter.

the goal of having the footer and header is to continue the branding and dont scare teh customer off when they go to a page that doesnt look like the website they've been on for the last 30 min.

ezcheckout is a great idea, i like the fact that it makes it easy to checkout by dividing it into easy to swallow steps.

unfortunately, there are no stats that i know that will confirm my choice or urs on conversion rates. but their are stats taht show that breaking down the checkout process increases sales.

i prefer ezcheckout with header and footer.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:26 AM

X-Guru

You can install ezCheckout with your header and footer by taking your header and footer code from skin1/customer/home.tpl and placing it in skin1/customer/home_checkout.tpl

If you purchase installation and request this option we will do it for you without an additional fee.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4