Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

QuickOrder - AJAX-based search and ordering system

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 AM

Advanced Member

Default QuickOrder - AJAX-based search and ordering system

ElegantXMods.com are proud to announce the launch of our first X-Cart module – QuickOrder.

http://www.elegantxmods.com/forum/qo_forum_1.gif

Designed for a quicker, faster shopping experience, QuickOrder complements your existing X-Cart navigation with a new AJAX-based engine, allowing quick lookups of manufacturers and categories, products and carts. QuickOrder is especially useful for business-to-business and those stores who have a mail-out catalogue, since item codes/SKUs are supported within the engine.

Some of the features of QuickOrder include:
  • Supports up to 4 levels of subcategories
  • 6 colour schemes ready on installation
  • Product options and variants supported
  • AJAX functionality allows for zero refreshing
  • Cached thumbnail generation
  • Instant download after purchase - no waiting
  • Full source code included
  • 'Light-touch' automatic install script plus manual installation guide
You can view QuickOrder in action - click here for a demo store with the default settings, or click here to see QuickOrder set as the default search and listings viewer.

http://www.elegantxmods.com/forum/qo_forum_2.gif

We're offering QuickOrder for just $39.99, and offer a full no-questions-asked 30-day moneyback guarantee.

For more information, and to order, just visit our website at http://www.elegantxmods.com

Of course, we would appreciate any feedback from the X-Cart community.

Thanks for your time.

QuickOrder AJAX-based search and ordering system now available
giving you complete control over how customers browse and search for your products. Click here for details.
PriceSlider - easily filter categories by price range - only $9.99 - details here

X-Cart 4.1, X-Cart 4.2 on Windows/IIS and Linux/Apache.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:32 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: QuickOrder - AJAX-based search and ordering system

Hi John,

Nice little mod - very nicely done...

I was wondering about the following:-
a) If you could add "seleted options" onto the cart - so it is clear which options have been selected (as seems these need to be edited to add an option (i.e. option SKU can not just be added in top box)?
b) If the module takes QTY in Stock into account at all - i.e. it seems it is possible to add unlimited quantities (even if goes above level in stock)?
c) Perhaps make the length of cart box a little shorter (say 1 cm shorter)... as on my notebook when I add multiplae products, I can not see the clear cart and checkout buttons.

With these two changes is a perfect mod for quick orders - really do like the fact someone can enter the SKU manually or browse through the categories (nice).

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 04-19-2009, 02:44 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the great feedback Asiaplay,

These are great ideas (the mod already takes into account minimum stock levels, but it doesn't take into account the maximum in stock at the moment) and we'll be adding these features immediately.

Once again, thanks for the positive feedback. It really is great to see the members of this forum asking to make these mods better and better!

giving you complete control over how customers browse and search for your products. Click here for details.
PriceSlider - easily filter categories by price range - only $9.99 - details here

Old 04-19-2009, 02:56 PM

X-Wizard

Thanks John (sounds great)... actually it is a very nicely designed mod... and a really useful mod for people here as well

I also think, that many returning customers might choose to only use the "quick order" method to place orders in the future - as it is a very easy / clear ordering alternative to present category -> subcategory way of ordering.

Thanks and cheers - Asiaplay
Old 04-19-2009, 04:34 PM

X-Guru

Hi John,

I like the way you integrated the minicart.

You probably need to filter a non-existent sku from "quick order". Try entering a sku that does not exist... whoops.

Jeremy
Old 04-20-2009, 03:44 AM

Great Mod, here is my little feedback:
1. It appears the mod lists all the prodcuts in a category, when the user clicks on the category. That's great if your store does not have more than 300 products. Anything higher than that then the user will need to do a lot of scrolling.
Not sure how it works with sub-sub categories.

2. Shame on the demo when I did a search, it showed me the standard xcart search results page. Not the mod itself.

3. When I wanted to update the cart, again it showed me the standard xcart cart page.

Not sure if this is a limitation of the demo?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:33 AM

Advanced Member

Hi nikkodalbani,

First, many thanks for the feedback.

1. We've tested the mod with 10,000 products. We found that scrolling wasn't an issue, because most stores only have 5-40 products per subcategory, and sub-subcategories (and below) are displayed as a link, which when clicked will expand, loading the contents of that sub-category. We're using the vanilla X-Cart products database for the demo to reassure everyone that the modifications QuickOrder makes to the system are minimal. In due course we will launch a new demo showing how QuickOrder copes with thousands of products and hundereds of subcategories.

2. QuickOrder doesn't interfere with the standard X-Cart search box - this is deliberate, since a lot of X-Cart customers use third-party search mods and we don't want to interfere with these mods. QuickOrder (when set as the default catalog page) replaces the content within the products and categories pages - everything else is untouched. The demo may be a bit misleading - I've changed it to the 'out-of-the-box' config, which has QuickOrder as a button within the main content page, rather than the default view.

3. QuickOrder is designed to be a complementary method of searching, navigatng and adding products to the cart. We don't want to interfere with the standard X-Cart process, for the reasons outlined above. Of course, if anyone does want QuickOrder to take over the standard search and cart options, they can PM me and we can arrange custom installation and configuration.

Again, many thanks for the points you've brought up.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 AM

Advanced Member

Many thanks to everyone that's submitted feedback so far.

We've updated QuickOrder with new features and fixes - and for those who have already purchased QuickOrder, you can download the latest version by using the same download link that was emailed to you on purchase.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:00 PM

Advanced Member

Default QuickOrder v1.1 released

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone, from the people here in the community who have given us feedback, and to our customers over the past several weeks. Thanks to you all, we've improved QuickOrder with the features you asked for the most:
  • When in default listings mode, search (and advanced search) results are now displayed in QuickOrder rather than the X-Cart search results page.
  • New variants and product options integration means no page refreshes when changing product options from within QuickOrder
  • Selected product options are now displayed within the QuickOrder cart.
  • Administrators can now decide if SKUs/product codes should be displayed.
  • Searchbar can now search for both SKUs and product names.
  • Searchbar autocomplete dropdown now highlights products that have options/variants.
QuickOrder version 1.1 is available now, and customers who have downloaded QuickOrder in the past can download version 1.1 by using their download link that was provided on purchase.

The following user thanks ElegantXMods.com for this useful post:
gb2world (05-04-2009)
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM

eXpert

Is QuickOrder compatible with the following mods:
- "On-Sale" from altered cart
- "Product Bundle" from WebsiteCM
- "Packaged Product" from WebsiteCM
- "Dynamic Image Preview" from 7Dana

Can it be configured so when clicking on a product image it will open the Product page instead of the larger picture?

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4