Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

USPS Shipping Label Addon for X-Cart

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-11-2006, 08:46 PM

eXpert

Default Re: USPS Shipping Label Addon for X-Cart

Well, I finally jumped off the fence and tried this mod out. We have been using it for almost a month. I could never go back to manually entering all of the information into Click-N-Ship. This really is a nice mod and a real time saver.

Thanks Nate!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:19 PM

eXpert

Is there anything that asks you if the label printed correctly- like click n ship currently does?
this way if u click "no" it doesnt charge you.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:36 PM

eXpert

No. Once you click the "generate label" button, you are charged, unless you get an address error. If you need to delete the label, you have to go into click-n-ship history to request a refund. If there was a problem with the printer or your tear a label or spill your beer on it, you can re-print the label from the same window very easily. The labels are stored, but you can't change them if there was a mistake, once they are generated. It also will not accept a bad address, just like click-n-ship.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:01 AM

Advanced Member

Default anyone heard from Nate in a while?

So Nate, will this be compatible with 4.1.3? Looks like an awesome mod!

www.ShinyTomato.com - Professional Web Design, PHP Development & Web Solutions

www.AshleyHosting.com - Personalized Web Hosting Solutions
Old 09-21-2006, 12:03 PM

Advanced Member

The Automator software should work with 4.1.3 but has not been tested yet. The only difference would be the location of the template modifications most likely.

We expect to release a new version within the next week that will be tested for compatibility.
http://www.workingmansoftware.com
nate at workingmansoftware.com

please no PMs - email only
Old 09-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks Nate.

www.ShinyTomato.com - Professional Web Design, PHP Development & Web Solutions

www.AshleyHosting.com - Personalized Web Hosting Solutions
Old 10-05-2006, 05:57 AM

eXpert

I sent a message to Nate a couple weeks ago asking if this software would work with Mac. No reply. The lack of reply leads me to believe the answer is no, but a reply would have been polite.
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Old 10-07-2006, 04:44 AM

eXpert

Because I posted here that I had not had my message replied to by this Nate, he finally replied to it. He was very nasty and rude because I posted here. When I told him that was bad business and that if he had simply aplogized for overlooking my message I would have retracted my post here, he then sent me a message cursing me. I would never recommend dealing with this business or this awful person.
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Old 10-07-2006, 09:40 PM

Advanced Member

Saying that I "cursed" her is a total lie. I was upset that she couldn't have just tried emailing me again rather than posting on the forum.

I rarely miss emails (2 total with 945 answered emails in the 6 months I have been in business). Here is the text of the email I sent her:

Code:
Mary, I wish you had just emailed me again instead of posting on the forum. I am sorry I missed your email. I have only missed 2 emails since opening my software business and both times, the people have posted on the forum rather than just asked me again. It is very hard on my reputation to have one missed email listed up there. Also, I get many, many emails. It is difficult to track and catch them all. I give excellent support and have many people who are very happy with my software. Unfortunately, they rarely post on the forum whereas everyone who has a complaint (even a super minor one) does. Yes. Endicia Integrator works with Mac. That is the entire reason I wrote it. Thanks, --Nate

Unfortunately, it is difficult to make mods that work, maintain them, and even far more difficult to make money off them. It is difficult to provide the impossibly immaculate level of support people want when (as an American), the $150 I make off the sale probably doesn't cover the tech support per person who buys it.

My apologies, but I don't retract my statement. Talk to my actual customers and you'll find I provide excellent support and less than 2 day turn around on all actual service questions. If this question had not been already (basically) answered on my website, I would have been more quick to respond. I will make it more clear on my website.

Thanks,
--Nate
http://www.workingmansoftware.com
nate at workingmansoftware.com

please no PMs - email only
Old 10-07-2006, 10:09 PM

X-Adept

Wink Re: USPS Shipping Label Addon for X-Cart

My two cents - Nate has been absolutely outstanding in his responsiveness etc. He helped me set up the mod on our system and although I have not actually bought it yet (budget - next few days), and although we are still having a couple of issues gettting it running smoothly (config issues on our side), I for one am completely convinced that he is there for all of us.

The reality is that we all strive to make all of our customers happy, and for the most part I believe that generally most of us are here because of our success. Having said that, sometimes some customers aren't worth the effort... Now matter what we say or do, they are going to believe what they want. For those few that make our lives difficult, we just have to not let them get to us...

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4