Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

USPS Shipping Label Addon for X-Cart

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-01-2005, 11:21 PM

eXpert

Default Awesome Job!

Nate,

Awesome job! I was looking for something just like this, but with prepaid shipping. You really should see if you can work with U.S.P.S. to get a working version that will allow you to charge shipping too. It would increase their business and save time for us. Let me know if you have any updates. I will buy the mod the day you do (I may buy it anway)!

Jonathan
Gilbert, AZ 85299-1571
P 480.422.7350
F 888.359.2568
www.flysportsgear.com?MMCF_xcartforum (X-Cart 4.5.2) FOR SALE
Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 PM

eXpert

Anyone here use this persons software??
Old 10-07-2005, 01:54 PM

eXpert

I have not but is sounds interesting, we use USPS, and generate the lable and send it to the printer. Cut out the lable and adhere it to the box.
The only drawback to the this method is when we print from the browser, the image is too small so we have to increase its size, which generally takes up a little more than half of the 8.5 x 11 inch paper. So there is some paper waste..
I will try something out that just came to mind later. That is that instead of printing the label directly from USPS website to the printer, intead print it to pdf file, then the lable should be able to resize to a half sheet of paper instead of the full size for printing.

I will try it out. This is also the poors man way, but for now its all about saving mula......
Live Xcart Site #1-V- 4.1.8
Live Xcart site # 2-V 4.4.3
CDSEO Mod - Firetank MM30 - 7DANA- The bestTemplates!
Linux - EWD Host Servers awesome service!
AlteredCart One Page Checkout
Old 10-07-2005, 02:57 PM

eXpert

Default Endicia

After looking for the most efficient way to handle order fulfillment, I found that Endicia seems to be the best way. Before, I was inputting all orders into USPS Click N Ship, which would take a lot of time and had room for error. I even talked to Nate about his program, but unless it also allowed postage, it wouldnБ─≥t save time handling product fulfillment because I would have to wait at the post office for postage (unless I bought stamps for the packages, which I didnБ─≥t want to do). Someone recommended Endicia to me and I have been using it for two months and love it. I export all processed orders into a txt format and import them into Endicia. Then I print the postage labels all together. Before, USPS would take an entire 8.5 x 11 label. Now I can print 4 labels on one sheet. It is saving me time and money. I highly recommend it for anyone processing a large amount of orders.
Gilbert, AZ 85299-1571
P 480.422.7350
F 888.359.2568
www.flysportsgear.com?MMCF_xcartforum (X-Cart 4.5.2) FOR SALE
Old 10-07-2005, 03:03 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Endicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyclothing
After looking for the most efficient way to handle order fulfillment, I found that Endicia seems to be the best way. Before, I was inputting all orders into USPS Click N Ship, which would take a lot of time and had room for error. I even talked to Nate about his program, but unless it also allowed postage, it wouldnБ─≥t save time handling product fulfillment because I would have to wait at the post office for postage (unless I bought stamps for the packages, which I didnБ─≥t want to do). Someone recommended Endicia to me and I have been using it for two months and love it. I export all processed orders into a txt format and import them into Endicia. Then I print the postage labels all together. Before, USPS would take an entire 8.5 x 11 label. Now I can print 4 labels on one sheet. It is saving me time and money. I highly recommend it for anyone processing a large amount of orders.

Yeah for me the postage would not be tha much of an issue becuase most of my orders would be priority mail. And also i wouldnt mind just having a scale to weight the package and then just stick postage on it.
I will definitely check out the encidia.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:03 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipmerchant
I have not but is sounds interesting, we use USPS, and generate the lable and send it to the printer. Cut out the lable and adhere it to the box.
The only drawback to the this method is when we print from the browser, the image is too small so we have to increase its size, which generally takes up a little more than half of the 8.5 x 11 inch paper. So there is some paper waste..
I will try something out that just came to mind later. That is that instead of printing the label directly from USPS website to the printer, intead print it to pdf file, then the lable should be able to resize to a half sheet of paper instead of the full size for printing.

I will try it out. This is also the poors man way, but for now its all about saving mula......

The whole time saving i believe is not even having to leave your x-cart admin.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:23 PM

eXpert

[/quote]

The whole time saving i believe is not even having to leave your x-cart admin.[/quote]

Yeah, but its nice to get away from the computer and go outside once in awhile to get a breath of fresh air, hear the birds chirp etc. At least it is for me anways.

\
Live Xcart Site #1-V- 4.1.8
Live Xcart site # 2-V 4.4.3
CDSEO Mod - Firetank MM30 - 7DANA- The bestTemplates!
Linux - EWD Host Servers awesome service!
AlteredCart One Page Checkout
Old 03-15-2006, 06:52 PM

Advanced Member

Default New Mods for Seamless Shipping

Regarding this topic, I have some updates. I have created two modules/addons that now print USPS postage as well as integrate seamlessly into X-Cart.

Endicia Integrator (by WorkingMan Software)
A module to allow essentially seamless integration of Endicia into X-Cart. Using Endicia's Dazzle under Windows, the software supports batch label processing.

The system allows you to upload the result file from Dazzle and then automatically updates the order status and the tracking number (if the print was successful). Endicia's Dazzle automatically checks the address and if it fails to verify properly, the system does not print it.

In batch processing, the system will verify and print all labels that have valid addresses. The result upload page will let you know which addresses had errors. (US Domestic Mail Only - global integration coming soon)

Here's a picture of 4-up labels on Avery 5168 label stock as printed automatically using WorkingMan's Endicia Integrator with X-Cart and Endicia's Dazzle shipping system.

http://www.workingmansoftware.com/wm_images/4up_labels_250x324.png

Mac OS X Endicia currently has a bug in batch processing address verification. However, the system still works by printing labels one at a time. The sytem populates the Endicia program automatically and you simply press "print". The drawback is that the order status and tracking number is not automatically updated in this mode. Hopefully, batch order processing will be working properly with Endicia's next Mac OS X release. (Technically, you can use it now, but it results in a slightly higher address information error rate).

http://workingmansoftware.com/content/view/24/60/

Video of system in action:

http://workingmansoftware.com/content/view/30/68/

USPS Automator (by WorkingMan Software)
This system utilizes the USPS Click-n-Ship website to print Priority Mail or Express Mail postage. It integrates fully into X-Cart - click submit, wait 10-20 seconds and the label pops up. (US Domestic Mail Only - global coming soon)

http://workingmansoftware.com/content/view/23/61/

Bothe of these software pieces are in active development. USPS Automator is in use at a number of sites currently and has excellent success.

The Endicia Integrator software has just surpassed version 1.17 and is working well.

Thanks,
--Nate
http://www.workingmansoftware.com
nate at workingmansoftware.com

please no PMs - email only
Old 04-12-2006, 04:34 PM

eXpert

Has anybody tried this out yet? I am very interested in integrating click-n-ship into our xcart. It is a pita switching to USPS. If this exports log-in and address info along with printing postage, I am interested.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA
Has anybody tried this out yet? I am very interested in integrating click-n-ship into our xcart. It is a pita switching to USPS. If this exports log-in and address info along with printing postage, I am interested.

I have been using Workingmansoftware USPS Automator for several weeks now. Works great! It has simplified our life tremendously. What used to be a multi-step, error prone, complex and slow process is now 2-3 clicks and done!

Label generated, Label paid for, Tracking number entered in the Order details, etc... No more USPS hassels, cut-and-past Customer Address, Tracking numbers, Weights etc. All is much more efficient and quick with the Automator for USPS.

Best MOD ever (and I have purchased about 35 so far from all the known Mod vendors) ---Best support ever, Nate is available ALL The time, quick response, excellent code.

This has been the best mod ever for us!

Armando

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4