Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO not working

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-12-2007, 11:21 AM

eXpert

Unhappy CDSEO not working

I have installed serveral mods now for this site I'm working on and all have worked expect for the CDSEO from http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods/x-cart-seo-links.html and have tripled checked the installation and all appears to be correct. When you go to the page of a category or product you get a 404 page. Has anyone experience this issue? I have emailed http://www.websitecm.com support team but have not heard back and really need to complete this site.

Here is the site and click a category or product an you will see what I'm referrring too. http://www.saviorschristianstore.com/home.php

Mike
Old 01-12-2007, 12:05 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO not working

Hi Mike,

We are returning your emails but you do not appear to be receiving our responses. Perhaps we could communicate on MSN (public@websitecm.com) or by Private Message on the forums. We require FTP information to troubleshoot your installation.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 PM

eXpert

Not sure why you having trouble getting to me via email unless you are using .com instead of .biz for my email address. I will IM you the login information

Mike
Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 AM

Mike

Any luck installing that MOD. I too have just installed around 10 MODS and this is the last one that won't work. I can't get past the inital 'test page'.

I have followed the instructions word for word serveral times and I have plenty of programming experience.

I get an 'Internal Server Error' with an additional 404 error. According to the documentation this means that my server does not support the requirements. But this is the hosting provider that WebsiteCM sent me to!

Did you get yours to work? Any help would be great.

Osaga
Old 02-15-2007, 04:26 AM

eXpert

Yes, it is working and what happen in my case to come to find out was I renamed the cdseo-prod and cdseo-cat after I uploaded them to the server. Jon with websitecm found the issue and the way understand it he deleted the files then reloaded them.

Try to delete them off the server then reload them back, that is what worked for me.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:52 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by osaga
Mike

Any luck installing that MOD. I too have just installed around 10 MODS and this is the last one that won't work. I can't get past the inital 'test page'.

I have followed the instructions word for word serveral times and I have plenty of programming experience.

I get an 'Internal Server Error' with an additional 404 error. According to the documentation this means that my server does not support the requirements. But this is the hosting provider that WebsiteCM sent me to!

Did you get yours to work? Any help would be great.

Osaga

Try changing "ForceType" to "Sethandler" in your .htaccess file.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Advanced Member

Im having the same problem here. Since moving servers I always get 404 error. Weird thing is it still works when I leave it as default as cdseo-prod and cdseo-cat. When I change those file names and update it in the config file it changes the file names and directories, but I am still getting 404 error.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:00 PM

X-Guru

Please see this knowledge base entry: https://www.websitecm.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=25

The folder file names, the cdseo config values, and the .htaccess values have to all be the same.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:14 PM

Advanced Member

That worked perfect. Just had to change the file names in the .htaccess and it kicked in. Thanks again and I highly recommend this mod to everyone who is looking to get higher on the search engines. Its working great for me!!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4