Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.6 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

Hi Steve,
Thank you for reporting the problems of our sioftware.

I have just shown your message to the maintenance team. The problem is confirmed and queued to be fixed. Most probably, not in the nearest release of 4.6.4, though.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Veteran

This is an extremely simple change - replace <font> with <span>, not sure why it has to be delayed any more...

Here is another one which exists since Clean URLs functionality was introduced

Quote:
Checking database integrity: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Error: The table xcart_pages contains some records for which related data in the table xcart_clean_urls has not been found:
pageid: xx
pageid: yy
pageid: zz
. . . . . . . .

Total: 3

These are root pages, stock XC root pages. They don't have clean url since they are .html to begin with. They exists in xcart_pages table. The integrity check though makes no difference between root and embedded static pages - it only checks if there is clean url or not. This is BUG
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia
Hi Steve,
Thank you for reporting the problems of our sioftware.

I have just shown your message to the maintenance team. The problem is confirmed and queued to be fixed. Most probably, not in the nearest release of 4.6.4, though.

Thank you Ksenia. I pointed out just one of the places which is very annoying but I also found same used in admin

<font class="Star">....</font>

And this is not just one place on customer and admin side... And not just <font> tag I assume but other loooong time deprecated html code as well.. Let me list it for you - only <font> tag

-------------------------------------------------------
Ok it is too long and I can't post it unless I make like 5 posts so let me just attached a file
Attached Files
File Type: txt font_tag.txt (59.2 KB, 4 views)

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
PC Doctor (04-08-2014)
Old 04-11-2014, 01:29 PM

Veteran

/skin/common_files/single/home.tpl

contains the following

Code:
{elseif $main eq "product_options"} {if $active_modules.Product_Options ne ""} {include file="modules/Product_Options/global_prodopts.tpl"} {/if}

First of all spelling error - prodopts I assume means products
Second - there is no such file in XC

This bug exists in all 4.6.x, not sure about earlier versions
Old 04-11-2014, 04:51 PM

Veteran

The Social Login module (aka Janrain or X-Auth) in XC Gold+ is different from the standalone version of the same. The one incorporated in XC Gold+ does not work and gives xeven smarty function error.
Copied files from the standalone version - makes the error to disappear. Very much possible the built-in version doesn't work properly with Janrain services as well...
Old 04-11-2014, 05:26 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
The Social Login module (aka Janrain or X-Auth) in XC Gold+ is different from the standalone version of the same. The one incorporated in XC Gold+ does not work and gives xeven smarty function error.
Copied files from the standalone version - makes the error to disappear. Very much possible the built-in version doesn't work properly with Janrain services as well...

Hi Steve,

As you know, the Gold+ version of social login was a hot mess in version 4.5.4 and later (useless for production) and the "new and improved" version that I was asked to beta in 4.6 and 4.6.1 failed on every UX element. I moved on and gave up.

See: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=359506#post359506

As an owner of Gold+, I sure would like it if the standalone would be made available to me, if X-Cart has solved the design defects.

Has X-Cart designed a built a good social login integration, as described here:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=368090#post368090

Is it a better design now?
Old 04-12-2014, 12:55 AM

Veteran

I don't know about the design, don't know if it works properly or not. 4.6.3 Gold+ clean install with X-Auth module active - starts logging fatal php error - could not find smarty function xevent. With module off all works. So I replaced all fiels with the standalone module and all works now. While overwriting files they had not only date differences but size as well. I did not compare to see exact changes but this was not my intention.

I just don't understand why this is happening. It's like 2 separate teams are working on the module - one on the included with XC files and the other on the standalone files... It's frustrating
Old 04-14-2014, 12:01 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Here is another one which exists since Clean URLs functionality was introduced

These are root pages, stock XC root pages. They don't have clean url since they are .html to begin with. They exists in xcart_pages table. The integrity check though makes no difference between root and embedded static pages - it only checks if there is clean url or not. This is BUG

Fixed.

Thank you.

db_integrity_n_root_pages.diff
Attached Files
File Type: diff db_integrity_n_root_pages.diff (294 Bytes, 8 views)

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
Ksenia (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 01:13 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:

We have investigated the issue and it seems you are right. To get the module to work correctly you should copy modules/XAuth/ext.core.php from archive of standalone module. I will discuss with our x-cart architect if we can repack distributive for 4.6.3 tomorrow.
To prevent such situation in the future we have aggregated all code repositories in to one.

The following 4 users thank kuzma for this useful post:
ADDISON (04-15-2014), cflsystems (04-14-2014), Ksenia (04-14-2014), mixon (04-14-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 03:19 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:

We have repacked and reuploaded Gold+ and Platinum distributives of X-Cart v 4.6.3. So the problem is fixed for all future downloads.

Thank you.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements