Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.6 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-21-2013, 01:20 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

I need this as well - the product wizard (old name product configurator). Why was this version released without any module ready for it?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Why was this version released without any module ready for it?

http://irce.internetretailer.com/2013/
Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 PM

Veteran

Not an excuse

I just upgraded 4.5.5 to 4.6.0 without any hitch. Few files to manually patch due to changes but over all the upgrade itself was a positive experience. All seems to be working just fine except one php error which may be a bug

Quote:
[21-Jun-2013 19:42:25 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in /var/www/cflsys/include/func/func.product.php on line 1053

The line has this code in it

Code:
unset($query_2check['skip_tables']);

which is something new in 4.6.x. Commenting it out allows the script to run and I don't see any issues.

QT can you please check on this.

I wanted to post in the bugtracker and also to check on reported bugs in 4.6.x - there is no way to do that. 4.4.x, 4.5.x and 4.6.x are all together and it is one big mix of old and new bugs, solved and not.... Where is the search in the bugtracker so I can find bugs reported in 4.6.x only? Am I missing something?

EDIT: If anyone is wondering about php/mysql versions and XC - this install is on PHP 5.4.15 and MySQL 5.5.31
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 PM

Veteran

This bug still exists in 4.6.0 - I first spotted it in 4.4.x...

In skin/common_files/modules/Advanced_Order_Management/edit_customer.tpl

Code:
{if $address_fields.phone.avail eq 'Y'} <tr{cycle name=c4 values=', class="TableSubHead"'}> <td>{$lng.lbl_phone}</td> <td><input type="text" name="customer_info[b_phone]" size="32" maxlength="32" value="{$cart_customer.b_phone|escape}" /></td> <td>{$customer.s_phone}</td> </tr> {/if} {if $address_fields.fax.avail eq 'Y'} <tr{cycle name=c4 values=', class="TableSubHead"'}> <td>{$lng.lbl_fax}</td> <td><input type="text" name="customer_info[b_fax]" size="32" maxlength="32" value="{$cart_customer.b_fax|escape}" /></td> <td>{$customer.s_fax}</td> </tr> {/if}

Should be b_phone and b_fax

Code:
<select name="customer_info[s_country]" id="customer_info_s_country" onchange="javascript: check_zip_code_field(this.form['customer_info[s_country]'], this.form['customer_info[s_zipcode]']);"> {section name=country_idx loop=$countries} <option value="{$countries[country_idx].country_code|escape}"{if $cart_customer.s_country eq $countries[country_idx].country_code or ($countries[country_idx].country_code eq $config.General.default_country and $cart_customer.b_country eq "")} selected="selected"{/if}>{$countries[country_idx].country}</option> {/section} </select>

Should be s_country

The following 3 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
ADDISON (06-21-2013), carpeperdiem (06-22-2013), elmirage001 (06-22-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 PM

Veteran

Another one - in admin maintenance page - if login is set to "username" the page script still checks for duplicate emails and spits out long list of emails (if it finds any) and of course causes the page to load slow when there are many of them. And it makes the page a mile long. Is this really necessary?
How about just a button like for the other tools that does this only when clicked... If when visiting this page my intension is not to change login type why I have to wait for few minutes until this process finishes and page is loaded...
Maybe QT will call this "an improvement"? Please fix this annoying behavior.

Also this section has no button in that case but there is a message
Quote:
Warning! The following accounts have email address(es) that are being used by other accounts also. You should assign unique email addresses to these accounts in order to proceed.
Proceed to where? To do what? I simply want the page to load.... Once login type is changed there is no need to change it again but there are many reason I want to visit this page - cache regeneration, blowfish key regeneration, clear statistics, etc...

Broken page....

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
ADDISON (06-21-2013)
Old 06-22-2013, 04:28 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
This bug still exists in 4.6.0 - I first spotted it in 4.4.x...

Should be b_phone and b_fax

Should be s_country

Steve,

My 4.5.4 store (many files upgraded from 4.1.9) had the b_phone and b_fax edit, but not the s_country fixes.
Considering that until a few months ago, I only shipped to US, this would not have bitten me. But now that we're shipping globally, thanks for this fix!

AOM is a "tail wags the dog" module that could use a ground-up re-engineering. Wanna bet we will all be using a different ecom platform before that happens?

J
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Not an excuse

I just upgraded 4.5.5 to 4.6.0 without any hitch. Few files to manually patch due to changes but over all the upgrade itself was a positive experience. All seems to be working just fine except one php error which may be a bug

The line has this code in it

Code:
unset($query_2check['skip_tables']);

which is something new in 4.6.x. Commenting it out allows the script to run and I don't see any issues.

QT can you please check on this.

I wanted to post in the bugtracker and also to check on reported bugs in 4.6.x - there is no way to do that. 4.4.x, 4.5.x and 4.6.x are all together and it is one big mix of old and new bugs, solved and not.... Where is the search in the bugtracker so I can find bugs reported in 4.6.x only? Am I missing something?

EDIT: If anyone is wondering about php/mysql versions and XC - this install is on PHP 5.4.15 and MySQL 5.5.31
Hi Steve,

I had found an SQL issue and they did this patch.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:38 AM

Veteran

This link leads nowhere, can you post the actual bugtracker page url.

Second time it did load. Thanks

This fix comes after the line I have problems with so it doesn't fix anything there
Old 06-22-2013, 08:49 PM

X-Wizard

Hi Steve, I didn't know whether it would help you or not but knew YOU would know Thanks for letting me know there is still an issue I need to watch for. Paul
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
I would like to know when FeatureComparison and ProductConfigurator will be ready for 4.6.0.

Thank you for your question, Mr. Addison.
The modules were uploaded to the FileArea. Everyone who has licenses for the modules is welcome to download them now.

Jeremy, Steve, it's not IRCE to blame. These 2 modules were ready initially, as they're a part of Platinum package and go out of the box there. Once we discovered that Product Wizard and Feature Comparison are not available, we uploaded them.

How come? We're all human beings. But we work on our mistakes. The engineer responsible has left a note to make sure these modules are uploaded next time.
We're very sorry for the inconvenience, the problem should not repeat in future.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements