[MODULE] XC SEO v1.3.0 Released

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-06-2008, 01:56 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: [MODULE] XC SEO v1.3.0 Released

I don't believe that's required, but it couldn't hurt
Old 03-06-2008, 02:34 PM

I would recommend GSiteCrawler. It works great, its very easy, oh yeah, its free too. Get it here: http://gsitecrawler.com/. It is important to submit your site map to Google and other search engines.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have an XML sitemap that I created when I installed v1.2.. I was just asking if it the changes made in v1.3 would necessitate a regeneration of my old XML sitemap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeholliday
I would recommend GSiteCrawler. It works great, its very easy, oh yeah, its free too. Get it here: http://gsitecrawler.com/. It is important to submit your site map to Google and other search engines.
PHP Version 5.2.6
MySQL Version 5.0.51a
Old 03-06-2008, 09:56 PM

X-Wizard

A Case Study/Testimonial has been posted regarding XC SEO, feel free to check it out here: http://www.phpsitesolutions.com/x-cart_search_engine_optimization_xcseo.htm (Click on Case Studies/Testimonials)
Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 PM

Veteran

One issue I had with v1.2 was the duplicate titles. For some reason XC_SEO was putting a title for links even though title already existed. I just upgraded to v1.3 and the duplicate titles returned Here's what I used before to fix it for v1.2 and it works for v1.3 as well. The code is from Kube thank you very match for the fix.

HTML Code:
kube Re: duplicate title Crumbs, it was a while since I done this. But the answer was provided by a kind fellow somewhere within the XC-SEO thread. Looks like this one by cbarnes http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php...&postcount=367 Go into modules/XC_SEO/outputfilter.seo.php and find the function _insert_href_title() right below it inside the function, find the line... if((strpos(" title=",$found)===false)){ and change to this... if((eregi("title=",$found)===false)){ Can't remember if the code needed changes .tpl-wise - I doubt it though. (Well except for the addition of the title tag which should take prominence outside of the XC-SEO mod) Remember to back up, just in case ;D Hope this helps. Regards, Doms__________________ kube - Version 4.1.9
Old 03-11-2008, 01:07 PM

X-Wizard

ahh, missed that, I'll be sure the fix is included in the next release. I'll be releasing a minor point release (for bugs) later this week, looks like this is bug #2
Old 03-17-2008, 11:36 PM

X-Wizard

XC SEO now supports Zeus server! What has been missing, was Zeus-specific rewrite rules.
These rules have been tested on a live website powered by Zeus webserver.

You'll need to login to your Zeus control panel, enable Rewrites, and then paste in the following rules (note, Zeus rewrite syntax is bulkier than Apache's, which is why this ruleset is so long):

Code:
RULE_0_START: # get the document root map path into SCRATCH:DOCROOT from / # initialize our variables set SCRATCH:ORIG_URL = %{URL} set SCRATCH:REQUEST_URI = %{URL} # see if theres any queries in our URL match URL into $ with ^(.*)\?(.*)$ if matched then set SCRATCH:REQUEST_URI = $1 set SCRATCH:QUERY_STRING = $2 endif RULE_0_END: RULE_1_START: # Rewrite SEO category URL's match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2&page=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?cat=$2&page=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-c-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1home.php?cat=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif # Rewrite SEO manufacturers URL's match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2&page=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2&page=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manufacturerid=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manufacturerid=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manufacturerid=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manufacturerid=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-m-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif # Rewrite SEO product URL's match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1product.php?productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-c-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1product.php?productid=$3&cat=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-pr-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1product.php?productid=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif # Rewrite SEO static page URL's match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-print-pg-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1pages.php?printable=Y&pageid=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?[^\/]+-pg-([0-9]+)\.html if matched then set URL = $1pages.php?pageid=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif # Rewrite SEO search URL's match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?([^\/]+)-search-c-([0-9]+)(-[^-]+)*\.html if matched then set URL = $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2&cat=$3 goto QSA_RULE_START endif match URL into $ with ^([^\/]*\/)?([^\/]+)-search(-[^-]+)*\.html if matched then set URL = $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2 goto QSA_RULE_START endif # if we made it here then its no rewrite goto END RULE_1_END: QSA_RULE_START: # append the query string if there was one originally # the same as [QSA,L] for apache match SCRATCH:ORIG_URL into % with \?(.*)$ if matched then set URL = %{URL}&%{SCRATCH:QUERY_STRING} endif goto END QSA_RULE_END:
Old 03-17-2008, 11:45 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
XC SEO now supports Zeus server! What has been missing, was Zeus-specific rewrite rules.
These rules have been tested on a live website powered by Zeus webserver.

You'll need to login to your Zeus control panel, enable Rewrites, and then paste in the following rules (note, Zeus rewrite syntax is bulkier than Apache's, which is why this ruleset is so long):

I am sure this will be a great addition and take the mod up to next level. Good work. Cheers.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:48 PM

X-Wizard

Thanks for the kind words Dongan, means alot coming from another X-Cart Professional
Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
Thanks for the kind words Dongan, means alot coming from another X-Cart Professional

you deserve it. PM me if you need any help for testing/development. Will do that what i have time.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions