Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Adding wholesale/volume pricing to featured products page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-19-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Adding wholesale/volume pricing to featured products page

I have worked on this for more than 5 hours and cannot get it to work right. So, let me explain what I want to do.

My business goal is to get people to buy increased volumes of product. So, our single quantity price is substantially discounted if you buy at least 3 copies. (If you want to see what it it like today, you can visit http://www.inboxer.com/store_buy1.shtml. We are moving to X-Cart soon.)

Now, to the technical issues.

On the PRODUCT DETAILS page, there is a nice chart of wholesale prices, which can encourage volume sales. This appears to be created by the include customer/main/product_prices.tpl statement.

I would like to add this chart to the FEATURED PRODUCTS LIST which appears on the home page (customer/home.tpl). Preferably, this chart would be below the single quantity "our price" and above the "quantity."

First, I tried to cut and paste the include statement, but it does not show. I must have left out some necessary things. So, I tried to cut and paste some surrounding code, but the chart does not display. Finally, I added text like "TEST1 TEST1" before the include statement and then "TEST2 TEST2". Well, the TEST1 and TEST2 lines display, but nothing from the include statement.

Can you please help me with this? I imagine the solution is simple, but after 5+ hours of my time, I am stumped. I am using the default page. Anyone know what coding needs to be done?

Thank you.

Roger
Old 10-19-2004, 08:57 PM

X-Man

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=6489

Please add your version # to your signature and browse through the forum rules.

We need to know what version you are running because X-Cart releases a new version every 2 weeks, each more buggy than the last.

It would help us to answer your question if we knew which set of bugs you are working to.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:48 AM

Default X-Cart version

I am sorry. I added the version information to my signature, but I guess that it did not take.

I am running X-Cart Version 4.0.5 under UNIX.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design