Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-15-2013, 07:46 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
One of the main advantages of the module is quick and easy start: filters are generated basing on existing product information. So if you have a lot of products, use X-Cart product import feature to add the data, not this import.
This is true if the filters are based on extra fields for example. I just had to do this for a client - imagine having to create new filter class and assign new filters for few thousand products... The only way to do it was to export existing products data, manipulate it in excel by matching new filters to products and not all filters applied to all products so there was a mix and match... So I had to create direct import files to db. Very slow and time consuming task. The tables relationship is straight forward but getting the data formatted to fit the tables structure was a pain....
Old 07-15-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
This import facility does not imply assigning anything to products. It's aimed to add filter-specific values in more convenient way than adding it via the module interfaces.

One of the main advantages of the module is quick and easy start: filters are generated basing on existing product information. So if you have a lot of products, use X-Cart product import feature to add the data, not this import.

But the import feature only can import extra field data which i don't want to use as there are fields that i do not want to display in product detail page, but since i choose not show, it hide in refine filter mod as well, so the only way is to use filter class but can it add the filter class into the product import data sheet, thanks

albert
Old 07-15-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
This import facility does not imply assigning anything to products. It's aimed to add filter-specific values in more convenient way than adding it via the module interfaces.

X-Cart product import doesn't import each product's defined filter values.

Say I have:

500 products have class "cell phones", and the option "material(s)" is "hard plastic"
345 products have class "cell phones", and the option "material(s)" is "silicone"
4563 products have class "cell phones", and the option "material(s)" is "Hard plastic"AND "silicone"
572 products have class "cell phones", and the option "material(s)" is "rhinestones" AND "hard plastic"

And so on and so on.

THAT right there, cannot be imported. Like what cflsystems said, we have to directly imported into the database, with assigned ID's and all that.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:15 AM

X-Cart team

Hi folks,

I've just uploaded new Refine Filter packages. You may find them in your File Area.

What's new:

- Colors for filters
- Number of matches for each filter attribute.
- Several bugfixes.

Site demo isn't updated yet but we are working on it.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 AM

X-Man

Vladimir this sounds great. Colors give some life to filtering module (visual effect). I will look into it this evening.

Keep going with other improvements to this "must have" product.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Hi folks,

I've just uploaded new Refine Filter packages. You may find them in your File Area.

What's new:

- Colors for filters
- Number of matches for each filter attribute.
- Several bugfixes.

Site demo isn't updated yet but we are working on it.

Thanks.

Thanks Vladimir, mi file area files are from july 25th, I need o update version 4.5.5.

Are these the last version or they still have to be updated from my files area.

Regards,
Old 07-25-2013, 11:32 AM

X-Man

Vladimir - I do recommend changing in module setting this option

"Disable filters for these extra fields (comma separated service names)"

from an input text box separated by commas to a textarea separated by new lines. this will allow a better view of the fields and will prevent any errors.

XC engineers should change these input boxes from now on, strings separated by commas to textareas separated by lines (one after other).
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 07-25-2013, 11:39 AM

X-Man

A functionality issue:

In Product menu -> Refine Filters. Select category ... list. Please sort alphabetically these options. By default it is not I looked for iGoods - Mac, and I was surprised to see this almost at the end of the list. Imagine when having lots of categories, and not sorting them alphabetically you force me to watch the whole list carefully.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 AM

X-Man

Bug: in color filters section.

1) I created a Filter class (named Colors) with 3 members (color 1, color 2, color 3).

I went to [Color filters] section and from list I selected "Filter Class". There is no class (Colors) for being selected.

2) By default XC comes with an Extra Field set up (named Type). Normally in [Color filters] section if I select Extra Field in the next list I should see "Type", but it doesn't appear.

3) This is not checked but I guess same is happening for "Features classes"

The only option from the list which is working is "Product Options", in the next list I can see all option listed according.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 PM

X-Man

I waited about a half of the year for seeing a way to add icons to the filtering attributes. A few moments ago I finished testing the new feature called "Colors filters". Well, I am not impressed, but disappointed.

1) Remember I did recommend before implementing it to take in consideration Icons instead of only Colors. Icons offers flexibility and you can add as many types of icons you want just uploading gif/png/jpg files (e.g. colors, sizes, signs, ...).

2) It is really, really funny to set up colors for any product option/extra field/feature class/filter class (e.g. processors, for capacity) just for anything you want. This feature should be applied only for Colors. Using this features colors with other options than colors is really stupid.

In this moment with this feature Refine Filters looks like Cleaver Filters from CartOnSteroids instead of Refine Filters from Qualiteam.

After me I would redesign completely this feature based on what I suggested in the past. Reasons: it is million times flexible than as it is now, it is much easier to create and administrate the icons, far more powerful.

Please check my dev custom work with Alexandra Grechneva to Color Swatches -> Icons and you will be astonished how easy you can deal with this. Why you don't implement the same? Why you want to create a special wheel when there is one?

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements